Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 6:48:25 PM EDT
First off, thanks.

Secondly, I read the sticky above.  However I am getting two different stories with regards to selling a gun to California.

I have a Gyrojet pistol (a rocket gun).  It is the MK 2 Mod C version which was made in 1969 and is under .50 caliber.  According to the BATFE it qualifies as a Curio & Relic.  I have been contacted by a potential buyer that says he has a C&R license and a COE.  He says I can legally ship it to him.  In any other state, I would agree.  However I have been told that C&R doesn't matter, I still have to send it through a California registered FFL to an FFL-01 in California.  I don't know who to side with, so I ask for your wisdom.

Who is correct, and who is not?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
All handguns (even C&R) must transfer through a California dealer.  They cannot be sent directly to C&R FFL (Type 03) holders.  An unlicensed individual is allowed to ship a handgun to a California dealer, if they will accept shipments from unlicensed individuals.  Check first or better yet, get your buyer to find a dealer that will accept the shipment.  Your buyer is either confused about the law or is not being truthful with you.  He can receive C&R rifles and shotguns directly but not handguns.

If you want further confirmation, go to Calguns.net.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top