Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:20:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#1]
You can just break the law like this guy.

https://winknews.com/2024/03/30/jeep-catching-waves-fort-myers-beach/

From the photo, looks like plenty of folks drive on the beach there.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tao:
It was weird not being able to drive on the beach when I moved here. Almost the entire gulf coast over in Texas you can drive on it, both near cities and away like on PINS.
View Quote

I was on the beach near Corpus, 1994, and there were loads of cars on the beach. Not trucks. I was there on a bike with a friend. That kind of through me for a loop, when I saw that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Getting closer. Is it true that New Smyrna Beach is the Shark Bite capital of the world?
Ever see a shark there?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By drobs:
Getting closer. Is it true that New Smyrna Beach is the Shark Bite capital of the world?
Ever see a shark there?
View Quote
Sharks everywhere.

Seen plenty of sharks fishing and surfing NSB.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
West coast is much better for swimming. OP learn what RIP TIDE is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
West coast is much better for swimming. OP learn what RIP TIDE is.
View Quote

Went and got a friends son out of rip tide before.

Took him back out and to the side out of the rip tide and back in.

EZ Peazy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brianb860] [#8]
Ever see a shark there?
View Quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ4IBlSuJnD/?igsh=cGlmYXY1ZHFzdXI1

Lots of them. Especially near the inlet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping @Iamhere would chime in on the Alligator vs Shark battle. Who would win?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I was hoping @Iamhere would chime in on the Alligator vs Shark battle. Who would win?
View Quote

How about a gator, shark, crocodile and monitor melee
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

They would ignore each other.

Gators close to shore, sharks aways off shore.

My son's ashes are in 20 ft. of water off Keywadin island in a crab trap.

At least that's where we left him.

Yes, two sons and both deceased.

No need to say yer sorry. Let it go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Daytona Beach today. St. Augustine Beach tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#14]
St. Augustine Beach.

I liked it more that Daytona Beach. Deeper soft sugar sand, 4x4 required, 16 miles of shoreline. Seemed less populated on a weekday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Florida sugar sand at St. Augustine Beach

If we come down for another visit, I will stay closer to St. Augustine probably in the Flagler Beach area. The Holiday Inn at Daytona was worn out from all the Spring Break party-ers. There was a big gap under the door resulting in bugs crawling across the floor of our room. Pretty altogether nasty. The hotel needs to be gutted and redone.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#15]
St. Augustine Beach.

I liked it more that Daytona Beach. Deeper soft sugar sand, 4x4 required, 16 miles of shoreline. Seemed less populated on a weekday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/St_Augustine_Beach_3_JPG-3193129.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/St_Augustine_Beach_4_JPG-3193130.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/St_Augustine_Beach_2_JPG-3193131.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4LLhXaOjQ

If we come down for another visit, I will stay closer to St. Augustine probably in the Flagler Beach area. The Holiday Inn at Daytona was worn out from all the Spring Break party-ers. There was a big gap under the door resulting in bugs crawling across the floor of our room. Pretty altogether nasty. The hotel needs to be gutted and redone.

View Quote

Where did you drive on in St Augustine Beach? I haven’t driven on the beach there yet but looks nice. Have to check it out next time I’m in the area. I think your review of the hotel can be applied to most of the hotels on A1A in Daytona.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Holiday Inn in dirtona lolololol...

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:10:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#17]
Originally Posted By brianb860:

Where did you drive on in St Augustine Beach? I haven’t driven on the beach there yet but looks nice. Have to check it out next time I’m in the area. I think your review of the hotel can be applied to most of the hotels on A1A in Daytona.
View Quote

I went in on the A Street entrance (off A1A), headed south, and left out at the Fort Matanzas Beach Ramp exit. It's 1 way driving going south and about 16 miles. It was nice and empty during the week. I spent a couple hours swimming / reading on the beach in between. I was kind of hoping to see some stuck vehicles as Off Road Recovery is a hobby of mine and I brought recovery gear with me. The majority of the vehicles on the beach were 4x4 pickups, Jeeps, with a few Awd Explorers.

Sounds like it can be a mess with multiple stuck vehicles right at the A Street entrance on the weekend. You definitely want 4wd or Awd there. I used 4wd high with my Traction Control turned off, and for good measure, but probably unnecessary, had my rear locker on. I figured if I got stuck I could air my tires down to 12 psi, and if need be use my traction boards. I didn't have any issues but the beach was pretty empty once you got away from the ramps.

I did note other vehicles going the wrong way near the entrance / exit ramps. I think if you park close enough to a ramp you can go the opposite way to exit the beach.  I saw multiple Life Guard Ford F150's and 1 County Sheriff Chevy Tahoe out there.

We did pass the mandatory creepy guy in his 60's wearing a skin color thong down towards the Fort Matanzas exit. I had to do a double take - OMG is he naked? Nope. There is always 1 at every public beach.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I love driving on St. Augustine beach. Find a good spot, and start grilling some burgers .
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
I recall Slug-O posting a pic of his Expedition sunk to the hubs on the beach up in the St Augustine area.

@Slug-O    

View Quote

I recall that
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#21]
This thread is for people who's feets don't work,
and other pussies.

Next thread will be about, "My wife just beat me up."

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
This thread is for people who's feets don't work,
and other pussies.

Next thread will be about, "My wife just beat me up."

View Quote

Lol feel free to stop trolling it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By protus:
Holiday Inn in dirtona lolololol...

View Quote

When road tripping, I prefer Holiday Inn Express hotels. Rooms are clean, the beds are usually soft, plus they give you a choice of pillows both soft and firm.

The "free" breakfast is usually decent.

The Daytona Holiday had hard beds with nasty bathrooms and no free breakfast. The staff was nice and the view of the sun coming up over the ocean was cool.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#24]

When road tripping, I prefer Holiday Inn Express hotels. Rooms are clean, the beds are usually soft, plus they give you a choice of pillows both soft and firm.

The "free" breakfast is usually decent.

The Daytona Holiday had hard beds with nasty bathrooms and no free breakfast. The staff was nice and the view of the sun coming up over the ocean was cool.  
View Quote
If you have any type of standards, there are very few hotels on Daytona Beach you want to stay at. It has an earned reputation.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top