Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:33:37 PM EDT
I'm not a youngster anymore,  so shooting indoors is usually hard on my eyes;  but when I went to the Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd earlier today I saw that they've installed the best lighting I've ever seen at an indoor range.

Their  WPB range is now really beautifully lit,  so if your eyes need a well lit target I think you'll be pleased with what they've done.

I felt at least 30 years younger when I was shooting today.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that's good news!  

I have a new pistol on the way and, if I get lucky,  I might be able to pick it up this weekend at the gunshow.  Nice to know that I can make the short drive to Shoot Straight to play with my new toy AND feel 30 years younger - a real win-win!

You going to the show this weekend at the fairgrounds?  I have a nice 1911 for sale that I am going to have with me at the show...  
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that's good news!  

I have a new pistol on the way and, if I get lucky,  I might be able to pick it up this weekend at the gunshow.  Nice to know that I can make the short drive to Shoot Straight to play with my new toy AND feel 30 years younger - a real win-win!

You going to the show this weekend at the fairgrounds?  I have a nice 1911 for sale that I am going to have with me at the show...  
View Quote
I'm not in the market for a 1911 or else I'd go to check it out.

Good luck, I hope you get a decent price for it.

I'm going to try to get down to the Lauderdale show this weekend if my back stops acting up and I can make the drive.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear about the new lighting
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not in the market for a 1911 or else I'd go to check it out...
View Quote
If I told you it was a Wilson CQB, would that change your mind?...  
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If I told you it was a Wilson CQB, would that change your mine?...  
View Quote
It well might have if I didn't have to give the dentist over 3500 bucks over the last few weeks.

As it turned out, my wife and I went to the Ft. Lauderdale show today and, as an impulse buy, I picked up a Zastava N -PAP from Shoot Straight for just a hair over $500.

It's my first AK and the first gun I've bought for myself since October 2014 so I was way overdue.

Regardless of what I've read in the various media; all sorts of guns were selling like crazy.

Good luck selling that Wilson.

Crummy pic. of my first AK; I even had to read the instruction manual.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It well might have if I didn't have to give the dentist over 3500 bucks over the last few weeks.

As it turned out, my wife and I went to the Ft. Lauderdale show today and, as an impulse buy, I picked up a Zastava N -PAP from Shoot Straight for just a hair over $500.

It's my first AK and the first gun I've bought for myself since October 2014 so I was way overdue.

Regardless of what I've read in the various media; all sorts of guns were selling like crazy.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81986/20170812_152502-278640.JPG
View Quote
Sweet AK !

Same boat, I am in the middle of an implant , so $3500 in the hole, also just spent $ 500 on clothes for school for the boy..I would love to pick up the other posters Wilson for say $1K

He is a senior and then come college costs,ill be broke 4 ever. He also wants to go to Dental school for being an Endodontist..how much is that gonna run me ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ouch!  Sorry for the bad dental luck and the bad timing.  

Quoted:
It sold.  

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81986/20170812_152502-278640.JPG
What's an instruction manual?!?!?

Nice AK.  I too have never owned one and am somewhat curious about them.  I have considered getting one but don't know if I have an actual use for one.  I already have an AR clone...

The sale of my Wilson is financing the purchase of a bolt 308 rifle and a Glock 19.  I've never owned a Glock and for the longest time used to refer to them as "tupperware".  I now see them as a not so pretty, not so good in the hand feeling, dependable, working firearm.  We'll see how I like it after a little range time...  probably at Shoot Straight...  I tried to get the G19 at SS and use my Wilson as a trade in...  the yutz manager offered me $200 in trade - I wanted to slap him in the head...  I walked out PO-ed and bought the pistol online.  I'm picking it up this week along with the rifle...

I think of an AK as the Glock of the rifle world...  Not pretty but takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...  and there's no shortage of aftermarket parts and cool mods!  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sweet AK !

Same boat, I am in the middle of an implant , so $3500 in the hole, also just spent $ 500 on clothes for school for the boy..I would love to pick up the other posters Wilson for say $1K

He is a senior and then come college costs,ill be broke 4 ever. He also wants to go to Dental school for being an Endodontist..how much is that gonna run me ?
View Quote
Thanks.

A few weeks ago my endodontist charged me $1200 for a root canal; apparently that's a very well paying profession for your son to be getting into.

Congratulations on having a smart kid.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ouch!  Sorry for the bad dental luck and the bad timing.  

It sold.  

What's an instruction manual?!?!?

Nice AK.  I too have never owned one and am somewhat curious about them.  I have considered getting one but don't know if I have an actual use for one.  I already have an AR clone...

The sale of my Wilson is financing the purchase of a bolt 308 rifle and a Glock 19.  I've never owned a Glock and for the longest time used to refer to them as "tupperware".  I now see them as a not so pretty, not so good in the hand feeling, dependable, working firearm.  We'll see how I like it after a little range time...  probably at Shoot Straight...  I tried to get the G19 at SS and use my Wilson as a trade in...  the yutz manager offered me $200 in trade - I wanted to slap him in the head...  I walked out PO-ed and bought the pistol online.  I'm picking it up this week along with the rifle...

I think of an AK as the Glock of the rifle world...  Not pretty but takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...  and there's no shortage of aftermarket parts and cool mods!  
View Quote
Congratulations on getting what you believe to be a fair price for your Wilson andon the purchase of your new guns.

For what it's worth; I had to go to the WPB gun show today because my sister's boyfriend has been down in the dumps over losing his job and begged me to take him.

I asked him to come to Ft Lauderdale with my wife and I yesterday but he wanted to make it a man's day without the women and I felt sorry for him so I went with him to WPB today.

The highlights of the WPB show, for me were:

1) A guy selling High Points and Jimenez crap had his merchandise safely stashed in a showcase under glass.

And

2) The WASR being offered on one of the vendor's tables for the ridiculous price of $799.99....

Not very many appeared to be attending the WPB show today so the aisles were easy to walk.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, it wasn't very crowded on Saturday either...  with all the big gun sellers gone, the show is now a mere shadow of it's former self...  It's like a flea market that allows gun sales!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, it wasn't very crowded on Saturday either...  with all the big gun sellers gone, the show is now a mere shadow of it's former self...  It's like a flea market that allows gun sales!  
View Quote
Agreed, the crowd was slim on Saturday and no big dealers...
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I took my new N-PAP to the range yesterday to shoot it for the first time and I really enjoyed shooting an AK 47 which I'd never done before.

50 rounds of Wolf Polyperformance fired offhand at 25 yards into an 8 inch Orange Peel. (the 2 holes showing above the Orange Peel were from when I put 30 rounds into the silhouette on the reverse side of the paper target)

Not all that great I know, but I've never even held an AK in my hands before.

I fired a total of 80 rounds yesterday and the gun ran great.

Then, even though it's an AK, I took it home, took it apart; and gave it a very thorough cleaning.

The new rifle:

Attachment Attached File

The target:

Attachment Attached File

If shooting an AR-15 is like driving a sports car; then shooting and handling the AK 47 was like driving a Jeep off road.

How did I ever go so many years without owning an AK?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats on the AK and welcome to the club... I'm also a member at that shoot straight.

Gotta go check out the new lights.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Congrats on the AK and welcome to the club... I'm also a member at that shoot straight.

Gotta go check out the new lights.
View Quote
Thanks.

If you're a member at that Shoot Straight then you're also a member at all the rest of them as well.

I'll probably be there sometime today and I'm easy to spot, the guy in the green baseball cap with the rolling range bag who is almost always shooting at 3 or 6 inch Shoot N See or Orange Peel targets stuck on the reverse side of a silhouette.

If you spot me come on over.

BTW: I believe that all of their ranges have either been upgraded to the new bright LED lighting system, or are scheduled to have it done.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Great...next time I see u I'll introduce myself.  Enjoy ur new AK.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Was in there (West Palm) today with a friend, he was picking up his new Hungarian AK, nice rifle!  Noticed the new lights, big difference. Prob will be there end of the week or beginning next week to pop some primers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top