Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2017 7:05:16 PM EDT
Anybody know if 10 round Pmag with 5 round reducer insert is okay for hunting with AR in WMA?
I got hassled about dozen years ago for using a 20 GI mag with wooden dowel in the magtube so only 4 rounds would fit.  He said I had to make it a permanent modification so it couldn't be changed back to 5+ round mag.  Following year I used a 20 round mag with rivet across the mag tube so only 5 rounds would fit.    
Pmag reducer insert is not a permanent modification...unless I epoxy the entire bottom so the floor place can't come off.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody know if 10 round Pmag with 5 round reducer insert is okay for hunting with AR in WMA?
I got hassled about dozen years ago for using a 20 GI mag with wooden dowel in the magtube so only 4 rounds would fit.  He said I had to make it a permanent modification so it couldn't be changed back to 5+ round mag.  Following year I used a 20 round mag with rivet across the mag tube so only 5 rounds would fit.    
Pmag reducer insert is not a permanent modification...unless I epoxy the entire bottom so the floor place can't come off.
View Quote

Why screw around? Just get a 5-round magazine and avoid the drama.

https://www.natchezss.com/bushmaster-ar-15-magazine-223-5-56mm-black-aluminum-5-rd.html
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why screw around? Just get a 5-round magazine and avoid the drama.

https://www.natchezss.com/bushmaster-ar-15-magazine-223-5-56mm-black-aluminum-5-rd.html
View Quote
I have two 5 round metal mags already but they are not totally reliable in my AR rifle or carbine with my hunting ammo.
One is C Product mag and the second one is from different manufacturer (I don't remember who right now).
10 round Pmags with 5 round reducer has been 100% reliable for past few months at the range.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have two 5 round metal mags already but they are not totally reliable in my AR rifle or carbine with my hunting ammo.
One is C Product mag and the second one is from different manufacturer (I don't remember who right now).
10 round Pmags with 5 round reducer has been 100% reliable for past few months at the range.
View Quote
I have a couple Bushmaster 5-rd mags that have been 100% using 70gr semi-spritzer bullets... what ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushmasters have been very good for me also!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
You gotta pay to play. Buy the right mag that works.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll order a Bushmaster mag and see how that works.
The ammo was/is my handload of Nosler 60gr Partition.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Another +1 for the Bushy 5 rounders.  Have two of them and they've functioned 100% in pretty much all of my ARs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I had hit or miss reliability with the metal 5 round mags, I think they're Bushy but I'm not 100%.

I did the round reducer in a 20 round Pmag and perm'd the base in place. Works great and you'd have to destroy the mag to remove the block.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bushmasters have been very good for me also!
View Quote
I have used Bushmaster 5 round mags for many years.  They have been totally reliable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
That's retarded. They have no issue with tube plugs in a shot gun. Why would they care about a plug in a magazine?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
This is one of those things that are left to personal interpretation by the game warden.

I plugged a 6.8 c-products mag and was told it was GTG by warden A at Triple N, but warden X at Seminole Ranch didn't like it (but no ticket- after I showed it how much of a pain in the ass it would be to remove the plug).

I ended up buying 5 rounders to avoid the hassle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been using a Bushmaster 5 round mag and it seems to work without problem.
As an insurance I converted one of my 10 round Pmag to 5 rounds with 5 round reducer.  I epoxied the entire bottom of the mag from inside and outside solid so it can not be disassembled without destroying the magazine and spray painted the bottom half of mag body in safety orange color.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Learning which battles to fight s none of life's struggles;

As I've gotten older I've learned that if there is a cheap, easy way to place yourself n a 100% defensible, no contest good position, take it, and fight for something worthy.

This is one of those choices. 5 round mags are cheap and available, and can't be argued with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top