Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 9:47:04 PM EDT
I have never had tacos or mexican food before in my life and fancy trying it.
which place is best to go in orlando ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't really say it's the best in town when there are so many "real" Mexican restaurants around, but Tijuana Flats (more Tex-Mex than Mexican) is a local chain that is pretty popular, especially on Taco Tuesdays. I prefer the blackened chicken chimichanga with queso, and I'll add on Dos Tacos on the side. Don't forget to stop at the hot sauce bar.

I'll hit Garibaldi's in Apopka, when I want something a little more authentic. There's lots of "real" restaurants and food trucks around, but I've had too many bad experiences to get risky with my food choices. Unless I can get a first-hand recommendation, I play it safe with the more established places. I may be missing the best, but I'm also missing the worst.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't really say it's the best in town when there are so many "real" Mexican restaurants around, but Tijuana Flats (more Tex-Mex than Mexican) is a local chain that is pretty popular, especially on Taco Tuesdays. I prefer the blackened chicken chimichanga with queso, and I'll add on Dos Tacos on the side. Don't forget to stop at the hot sauce bar.

I'll hit Garibaldi's in Apopka, when I want something a little more authentic. There's lots of "real" restaurants and food trucks around, but I've had too many bad experiences to get risky with my food choices. Unless I can get a first-hand recommendation, I play it safe with the more established places. I may be missing the best, but I'm also missing the worst.
View Quote
Thanks for the info, i will look them both up.
Atb
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
there is no real ethnic food any whee in east Orlando. the Mouse killed it.  I'd ask siri when passing by Sanford.or Deltona.

threere are a few decwnt but very Americanized Indian places in Kissimmee.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
tihana flats is awesome. but a real great mexican place should have Mole'.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
La Fiesta
3000 Curry Ford Rd
Orlando, Florida, FL 32806

I don't think you'll be disappointed but then I'm not a Mexican food fanatic I've been there once or twice I've enjoyed it, the rest of the family swears by the place.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
La Fiesta
3000 Curry Ford Rd
Orlando, Florida, FL 32806

I don't think you'll be disappointed but then I'm not a Mexican food fanatic I've been there once or twice I've enjoyed it, the rest of the family swears by the place.
View Quote
Thanks i will give it a go
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a Mexican taco place in Clewiston that I see every weekend full of people...mostly Mexicans.  
It's on west side of SR-27 next to Popeye Chicken.  I'm going to stop by one day to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a big roccos tacos fan

7468 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm a big roccos tacos fan

7468 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819
View Quote
Second this!
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#11]
We always make a point of eating at  Chuys once or twice. Have a look here
https://www.chuys.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
tihana flats is awesome. but a real great mexican place should have Mole'.
View Quote
You leg humpers stay the hell out of them flats restaurants  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top