Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 9:40:31 AM EDT
Heading to Melbourne on July 19-23 with the family and looking for some ideas of places to go to. Already have Kennedy Space Center planned but need some other ideas.
Also some good restaurants to visit as well.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
the mansion is decent food
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Any of the restaurants at the Port (for the most part) are pretty good.

Fish Lips is my go to bar/restaurant.  Rusty's is also pretty damn good.  Seafood Atlantic has great seafood but they're only open til 4 or 5 on most days.

Coasters in Cocoa Beach/Melbourne is good as well.

I've heard some good things about the restaurants on the CB Pier since they were bought out, but I haven't really tried much out there in a while.

Attraction wise, unless you're up for heading out to Orlando, KSC is pretty much the big one.  There's the Brevard zoo, although I've never been so can't comment.  Beach Days are a pretty easy way to kill some time or you could try out some fishing if that's your thing.

ETA:  You could try out Frog Bones in Melbourne if you want to take the family shooting.  Decent indoor range and they have an attached restaurant/bar that I've heard isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Cocoa Beach has the Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventures. Something similar is also at the Brevard Zoo.

FrogBones as RJeff21 mentioned is pretty good. They also have rentals.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Only moved here in mid-June (from VA)....that said, Frog Bones is a restaurant on Rte 1 that is also a great place to shoot...seriously!   The Rocks is a nice place for lunch, family friendly,, but crowded at night.  Sky Zone is good for kids (a  climbing/jumping place indoors)...there is a place called the Avenues in Viera which hosts both popular national chains and local places too...great Thai food at Bean Sprout.  

Kennedy Space Center is a must, worth a whole day....not cheap, but worth it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a fancy place. But me and my wife's favorite.

https://www.melbourneseafoodstation.com/
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If you end up at Frog Bones, swing by Blackside Tactical just up the road. We don't have a range but we have a nice shop.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tips so far. Heading down in a couple days, any other tips or suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of the restaurants at the Port (for the most part) are pretty good.

Fish Lips is my go to bar/restaurant.  Rusty's is also pretty damn good.  Seafood Atlantic has great seafood but they're only open til 4 or 5 on most days.

Coasters in Cocoa Beach/Melbourne is good as well.

I've heard some good things about the restaurants on the CB Pier since they were bought out, but I haven't really tried much out there in a while.

Attraction wise, unless you're up for heading out to Orlando, KSC is pretty much the big one.  There's the Brevard zoo, although I've never been so can't comment.  Beach Days are a pretty easy way to kill some time or you could try out some fishing if that's your thing.

ETA:  You could try out Frog Bones in Melbourne if you want to take the family shooting.  Decent indoor range and they have an attached restaurant/bar that I've heard isn't too bad.
View Quote
This guy is spot on. The Brevard Zoo can be really fun for kids depending on their age and not bad for adults I suppose. There is a really great indoor rock climbing gym in Melbourne, Google will tell you the name, really fun for the whole family.

The Cocoa Beach area has lots of surf lessons/rentals/classes for the whole family as well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Downtown Melbourne, hit up Meg O'Malleys for lunch or dinner.

I will second Frog Bones being very nice and the restaurant pretty dang good.

Place called Coasters off A1A and Eau Gallie if your up at the beach that way has amazing burgers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top