Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2017 10:37:04 AM EDT
I'm having a business dinner with an important client who I need to impress.  I'd prefer a quiet atmosphere where we won't be rushed out.  Steak, seafood, or Italian, unless there are some really great other choices.  It will be a Wednesday or Thursday evening.

I'm not even from Florida so I don't know anything about the area, and Yelp reviews aren't helping.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Lake Wales is a tough one. Not much there at all.
Manny's Chop House (210 FL-60, Lake Wales, FL 33853)has good food, but it is not quiet.

I would try to have the dinner in Winter Haven , not that far from Lake Wales and way more choices.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Lake Wales is not a place you bring anyone to impress them about anything. There is fast food and some mom and pop places but nothing 'nice'...not even around the one golf course area.

35-40 min up the road in SW Orlando there is nice stuff by the attractions....but you also maybe able to find something impress-able around the Lakeland area 15-25 mins NW.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Always heard about Chalet Suzanne restaurant. Sadly I see it closed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Crazy fish is good. As is Norby's. Cherry Pocket also but it's out of the way. Lincontro Italian has pretty good standard Italian with a nice atmosphere. That said, none of those are really upscale but the food is good and the staff are friendly.

If you want something more upscale, check out harborside or Arabella's in winter haven. Lakeland is also an option with Texas Cattle Company, Harry's, or several other options downtown
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I like Cherry Pockets, but your not going to impress anyone taking them there.

Just break down and go to Charlies in Orlando.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Jaybees east of town. But this is a country place not elegant dinning. Clean with Great food
and great prices. This was 18 bucks

I think they only have prime rib on Friday and Saturday evening though.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top