Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 3:41:26 PM EDT
I'm going to visit my Uncle Jim next month in the Panhandle. Are there any gun ranges near Carrabelle. I googled and the only thing ghat popped up was a public range near Tallahassee
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Best range in the area - Tallahassee 

Talon
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best range in the area - Tallahassee 

Talon
View Quote
He ain't lying!

Of course, I am biased.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You can ride back in Tate's Hell behind Carabelle and set up a target in the palmettos and shoot. Watch for snakes!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#4]
What about Apalachicola Public Shooting Range what are they like how much do they charge.

What's this Tates Hell. Heck I went through the Florida phase of Ranger School up there at Eglin and was station in Ga.

Did a ton of training in the Ga. swawps. Had my fair share of run in with snakes. But I don't want to get arrested for tresspassing with a firearm. Is it legal to shoot in Tate's Hell.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about Apalachicola Public Shooting Range what are they like how much do they charge.

What's this Tates Hell. Heck I went through the Florida phase of Ranger School up there at Eglin and was station in Ga.

Did a ton of training in the Ga. swawps. Had my fair share of run in with snakes. But I don't want to get arrested for tresspassing with a firearm. Is it legal to shoot in Tate's Hell.
View Quote
I used to go out there before Talon opened so it has probably been 3 1/2 years but it was ok and there were no ROs .  The primary concern of mine was safety - hot/cold wasn't understood well by some people.   Depending on the time of day you can be the only person out there on weekends could be extremely busy.  At that time there was no charge.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I go to the Public range out in the national forest, and it can be sketchy with others out there. (No RSO's)
However, I generally go on Wed or Thursdays, and there's rarely anyone else out there on weekdays. 

Also, there is a Wakulla County Sheriff's range, and is open to the public Tues-Sat. http://www.wcso.org/shooting-range/ 
That would be quite a bit closer to you in Carabelle. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I just tried calling the sheriffs range and got their answering service. I left a message but I don't know if they will call me back. Do you know if they allow nfa weapons to be used there. Like full autos.

I know they allow suppressed and what now. I just installed a binary trigger and want to shoot it. That thing fires 800 to 900 rds a min. I've only tested it once and want to try it out again. In a nfa sbr suppressed. I like the binary better than a registered full auto. It's easier to control bursts and rate of fire. But it will empty a 30 rd mag in about 3 sec. Thise videos on youtube do not do it justice. The BFS3 with Adams Arms piston system kit with low mass bolt carrier.

I ran 22 30rd mags testing that trigger to see if it would malfunction. It didn't and that wespon go so hot up front I almost could not hold it. I had to let it cool down after 15 mags. But I want to do some control bursts for accuracy with it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
WCSO is full auto by appt only...rats  

what about Apalachicola Public Shooting Range is full auto allowed there and can tannerite be used there. Does anyone know if one or both can be used there.

I have 50lb of tannerite for the next Manatee shoot. I figured if I could take a few pounds with me to Apalachicola Public Shooting Range  I would for my wife to shoot.

She's never shot full auto either.  She's never seen it before. We leave tomorrow.

I know there's no ROs at Apalachicola Public Shooting Range so it would seem you could shot whatever you want....maybe
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I seem to recall Full Auto was a no go but that was from memory. There was some signage when you went in.

With all the surrounding woods I also think Tann would also be a no go and you might end up with some attention you dont want even if it is legal.

You may just want to call FWC and ask.

ASR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top