Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 2:20:08 PM EDT
Gents,

We will be flying into Tampa from Fort Worth tomorrow and will be staying on Pass-o-grille beach through next weekend.  I have my wife and two kids (5 year-old & 7 month-old) and looking for ideas for things to do.  I'd like to visit some weapons-related shops as well.  Thanks in advance!

DFM
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
shooters world has a small but nice museum It is quite a ways from the beach. across town on 275 hellish traffic.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
How bad is 275 going from the airport to the gulf coast on Saturday?  Would it be better to take 60?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You might check out Legoland as the kids are the right age for it. It is like an outdoor amusement park and prices are cheap compared to the mouse and universal. They have a small water park there as well and well worth the extra $$ as none of the rides/restaurants have a/c as they are all outdoors. There are a couple gun shops in the area. Shoot Straight is one and is pretty big. They have a large selection and have some good deals,if you are looking.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How bad is 275 going from the airport to the gulf coast on Saturday?  Would it be better to take 60?
View Quote
Forget 60. 275 is bad at rush hours. Run around between 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM and you should be fine. Stay in the right hand lane past 22nd Ave S and take the toll road (682) to the beaches then turn south, your there.

Things to do, Fort DeSoto is close, hit Billy's Stone Crab & Seafood 2 miles north of the park for the early bird special on the way back, sunset cocktail on the roof of the Hurricane, wander around Johns Pass, Dali Museum, Ringling estate and museum an hour away in Sarasota, eat at Guppy's, ride the beach north to Clearwater and check out the sights, take Gandy bridge across to Tampa and drive the bayshore to downtown and hit the Florida aquarium and/or tour the Victory Ship, historic Ybor City is only minutes away for a Cuban sammich lunch at the Columbia. If your room has a kitchenette hit the shrimp docks 5 minutes South of Ybor for a 5lb box of 16/20 Key west pinks and have a pig out.

PM for my number and I will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow thanks for the feedback! Will be in touch!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The zoo is nice. A bit hot though....
http://www.lowryparkzoo.org/
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a bit of a drive but Reload up in Tarpon Springs is really nice, it's the lastest indoor gun range in Florida and is a site to see. There is also tons of great Greek and Seafood restaurants not far away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top