Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 1:05:44 PM EDT
BARTOW, Fla. Touting a "conservative vision for Florida" Adam Putnam officially jumped in to the race to succeed Rick Scott as Florida's Governor.

Putnam made his first speech as a gubernatorial candidate on the steps of the Old Polk County Courthouse in his hometown of Bartow on Wednesday.

"“I’m fortunate - I have been a Floridian all my life. I grew up in my family’s citrus and cattle business, " said Putnam. "Like any small business, workdays were not nine-to-five. And there were no holidays. That life taught me responsibility. Hard work. Perseverance. Responsibility. These are common values. And too often in our society, they are forgotten."

Putnam has been Florida Agriculture Commissioner since first being elected in 2010. He won re-election to the seat in 2014. His political career dates back to 1996 when he, at age 22, became the youngest person ever elected to the Florida legislature. He won election to the US House in 2000 and served in that role until 2010.

Putnam's announcement comes on the heels of another former member of the US House, Gwen Graham, officially declaring her intentions to run for Governor. Graham's dad, Bob was Florida Governor from 1979-1987.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if we can get his ear and get his help to turn the ship for our rights. The state House and Senate Republicans have gone full retarded and jumped head first into the deep end. His name on all those CCLs better be worth something. Unfuck the state government, in general. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
This is good news and I believe he'll be a strong candidate.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Please we need a good conservative.  I've not been in FL for long but my rights were oppressed for decades in the NE.  Right now I'm sitting in a Starbucks eating oatmeal and drinking some coffee with my favorite 5 shot revolver in my pocket.  2 years ago in NJ I'd be facing two charges with a minimum mandatory sentence of 7 years for this same activity, which in essence amounts to  just minding my own business.  

We really need to keep the governorship republican and a real republican.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
He seems like a good guy, I like him so far.I used to be on his email list for Ag Sec updates, it was obvious for a long time he was setting his sights at the Governors chair.

Hope he succeeds.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes we need to do our homework and work - or we my have some pot smoking promoting lawyer for a Governor.

Red
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
MFGA
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
KFG
Keep Florida Great
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is good news and I believe he'll be a strong candidate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I did not know he had decided.  I'll vote for him.  More and more, in Florida, the GOP is that in name only.   Adam seems consistently conservative.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Stumbled across This Interview while channel surfing today, it's from April 20.

I was really impressed by Mr Putnams grasp of the facts and his ability to speak to the varied topics with ease and authority.

I may not agree with him on everything, but I like his intellect, love of Florida and ability to focus and respond directly to questions with factual information.

I think he would make a good Governor.

27 minute video for those willing to invest the time studying the candidate.

Embedding specifically prohibited by the website.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I think he's a solid candidate as well- at least as solid as any politician can be called.  My concern is the depth of Mr. For The People's pockets- I think it's going to be hard for anyone to compete with that and the guy's name recognition among the daytime TV-watching, FSA, my baby dindu nuffin' crowd.  Hopefully Mr. Putnam will get some of his wealthy rancher friends behind him and be able to compete.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Rick Scott vetoing the budget might be good news for Putnam. It's less ammo for the Democrats to use that he spends money on special interests and defunds schools. 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#14]
not voting for him. he is run by big sugar and with his past corrupt land deals that benefit his family; FL can do better than him.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#15]
As jjk308 would say any republican beats a democrat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top