Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2017 6:05:23 PM EDT
Hi All,

Can any HVAC guys give me a rough price of what I should expect to pay to replace a 2 ton system in a condo with permits and all that good stuff?  I was thinking a 14 SEER Trane or RUUD.  Not sure if it matters or not but the air handler is in the attic.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Not an expert but I have had a few replaced the last 5 years. 3.5 ton with everything but ducts replaced was $6K about a year ago in my area(south FLA)
A lot is going to depend on the condition of your existing stuff as well as the position of it.  Codes change(like they did for me) & had to mount the unit in a different way, & type of refrigerant has changed, which cost $.  I'd expect $3-4K for a 2 ton unit. But shop around a lot.  You'll get prices all over the map but you have to get details of what those prices included. A cheap price might be missing things.  And then ask about a service contract. Most shops will give you a better deal if you take that. And don't forget the FPL rebates if any.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a quote for about $3800 that includes all of the permits and whatnot.  
looks like the service contract is about $150/year for 2 visits.  I see some advertisements for $2500 or so in different magazines but they seem to give off bait and swtchy vibes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, what part of SWFL are in?  Send me a PM if you don't mind with where you are and who gave you a proposal.  I'm assumed it's a written proposal.  Out of the two you mentioned, I would go with Trane.  As an FYI, I am a GC in the Naples area.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
3800 for a trane or an American standard is a good number for an over the water heater condo unit with an easy install without hassle from a condo association 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3800 for a trane or an American standard is a good number for an over the water heater condo unit with an easy install without hassle from a condo association 
View Quote
Thanks. I have a quote for a RUUD system from a company that was recommended and seems to have a good reputation.  They are going to have to cut an additional attic access and remove two air handlers from the attic...whoever did the work last time left the previous air handler up there  They sure didn't leave much room for you guys to work up in the attic when they built the place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I stopped selling Ruud in 86
it's a builders grade unit 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Op, get coldairs contact info, he's a stand up arfcommer that operates in your area.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Op, get coldairs contact info, he's a stand up arfcommer that operates in your area.  
View Quote
Done
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
ColdAir do or would you do any work just north of Tampa?  I'm probably going to have to replace my unit soon as well and would like a 4 ton Trane and the air handler is in the garage.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
it's too far for me to be cost effective for either of us, but if you send me your  location I can check with my reps to see who are the best customercare dealers in your network
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
it's too far for me to be cost effective for either of us, but if you send me your  location I can check with my reps to see who are the best customercare dealers in your network
View Quote
Coldair, what areas do you work in?  Send me a pm if you don't mind.  I'm a GC in the Naples/Fort Myers area.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Coldair, what areas do you work in?  Send me a pm if you don't mind.  I'm a GC in the Naples/Fort Myers area.
View Quote
Campy is good people give him a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top