Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:15:41 PM EDT
How big is this show?  
Is the venue the size of a basketball court, a supermarket, or a football field?
What kind of merchandise am I most likely to encounter?

Should I fo?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Inside of the civic center is close to a football field maybe a little bigger. Haven't been two years. They raised the price of parking and admission I think. Haven't found a deal there in a while. Sometimes private vendors work out, but nowadays most people know what they own and price it to match pretty much anywhere else you can get it. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Inside of the civic center is close to a football field maybe a little bigger. Haven't been two years. They raised the price of parking and admission I think. Haven't found a deal there in a while. Sometimes private vendors work out, but nowadays most people know what they own and price it to match pretty much anywhere else you can get it. 
View Quote
Civic Center?  This one is in the "Araba Shrine Temple" on Hanson Street?  Are there two different gun shows at two different locations?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you for your detailed answer
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I went. It was a small show, but there was no jerky, no cheap samurai swords, no beany babies, no smelly attendees, no Chinese optics, and no TAPCO accessories. However, there was plenty of militaria and knives, so I was amazed at the truth in advertising. I was in the market for an SKS last week, and at this show, I would have had my choice of two Norincos, and there were more M-1 rifles and carbines than there were ARs.  A unique little show.

More than one person told me the Civic Center show was several times larger, so I guess I will go next week. However, the whole "pay to park" is an alien concept for me. Is there a shopping mall nearby where I could park at and hike back to the civic center?

I used my GPS to go to several gun shops in the area, as well as a pawn shop.  A few were long closed. A couple were sad affairs.  Shoot Straight was, of course, on the way.  

Very disappointing in that I could not find either 7.62x39 snap caps/dummy rounds or SKS stripper clips, so my wallet stayed closed, except for gas and lunch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I went. It was a small show, but there was no jerky, no cheap samurai swords, no beany babies, no smelly attendees, no Chinese optics, and no TAPCO accessories. However, there was plenty of militaria and knives, so I was amazed at the truth in advertising. I was in the market for an SKS last week, and at this show, I would have had my choice of two Norincos, and there were more M-1 rifles and carbines than there were ARs.  A unique little show.

More than one person told me the Civic Center show was several times larger, so I guess I will go next week. However, the whole "pay to park" is an alien concept for me. Is there a shopping mall nearby where I could park at and hike back to the civic center?

I used my GPS to go to several gun shops in the area, as well as a pawn shop.  A few were long closed. A couple were sad affairs.  Shoot Straight was, of course, on the way.  

Very disappointing in that I could not find either 7.62x39 snap caps/dummy rounds or SKS stripper clips, so my wallet stayed closed, except for gas and lunch.
View Quote
There isn't really shit near the civic center. Kinda out in the middle of nowhere. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want stripper clips get them on eBay from guy in the eastern block nation.  They are mark bxn and work well.  Takes a while to ship but they are good to go
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you want stripper clips get them on eBay from guy in the eastern block nation.  They are mark bxn and work well.  Takes a while to ship but they are good to go
View Quote
I bought several hundred of them from the guy in Czechoslovakia that way.  He was selling both "BXN" and "CHINA" clips, and I got some of the CHINA ones, which were identical looking and of equal quality. They were "in the white" and I dunked them in cold blue to darken them.  Good stuff, but that was at least 3 years ago.  The supply has dried up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The civic center is a much larger show. You will certainly find jerky, tapco and possibly beanie babies.
Also shoot straight is always the largest vendor, they have more at the show than in their store.

If you go,
see if the corndog guy is out front.
Good corndogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top