Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 6:29:22 PM EDT
I have hear south of I4 is, I have only Miami area too. Where is our Mason-Dixon line? As a resident or Bradenton am I a southern Floridian or do I have to settle for living in Gods waiting room?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Bradenton?  Yep, sorry to say you are in the bad half.  (I say this in jest) 

Still a nice place
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything south of Orlando for me...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything south of Lake Okeechobee.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Hwy 42, the northern terminus of the Villages and southern edge of Ocala NF. The exception to the rule being the Cracker rich area from around Arcadia to Okeechobee.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Lake Okeechobee
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
North palm beach county line.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#7]
South of I10.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard to draw a line straight across. On the coasts, I say pretty much south of Orlando. However, there are areas in the interior much further south that are still Old Florida. In true ARFCOM fashion, I guess I should do an MS Paint drawing, but I'm just feeling too lazy right now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
To me, Bradenton and that area down to Naples is SWFL. South Florida is on the other side of the Alley, lauderdale/Miami etc. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To me, Bradenton and that area down to Naples is SWFL. South Florida is on the other side of the Alley, lauderdale/Miami etc. 
View Quote
Bingo. As a theory I-95 brings down the northeasterners to SEFL. NY, NY, Mass. Generally considered douchbags and asshats.  I-75 brings down Michigan, Illinois, Ohio. Still Yankees, but Midwesterners tend to be a little more tolerable.

I am, of course, speaking in full generalities. That all being said, I would say that you need at least 2 generations born in the south to cleanse the bloodline of the Yankee influence. Telltale signs are the use of such words as "rubbish", "youse guys", "rummage or tag sale", "sneakers", etc, but I digress....
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bingo. As a theory I-95 brings down the northeasterners to SEFL. NY, NY, Mass. Generally considered douchbags and asshats.  I-75 brings down Michigan, Illinois, Ohio. Still Yankees, but Midwesterners tend to be a little more tolerable.

View Quote

This, exactly. I love the west coast of Florida. I'm 4th generation NC and have been in Florida for nearly 20 years.

It also seems that in business in the south, Raleigh/Tampa and Charlotte/Orlando pair up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#12]
SR-40 thereabouts Ocala
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Climatology I say Highway 60.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#14]
You're forgetting central FL.

North is big bend and say St. Augustine north

Central- Cedar Key/Daytona Beach down to Port Charlotte/Jupiter

South FL is Ft Myers/Boca Raton on down to key west
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hwy 42, the northern terminus of the Villages and southern edge of Ocala NF. The exception to the rule being the Cracker rich area from around Arcadia to Okeechobee.
View Quote

I'd say 44 and south...
Saying sr42 means your making paisley important lol and Altoona the capital .

But draw a line across more or less.

Anything south past oak hill on the east coast turns into south Florida. Even then it's getting developed into the same mini mall..outlet fuck fest .
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
SR 50 for me. I wish it was farther down the dick but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#17]
We get plenty of NY/NJ/OH/PA snow rats here too. Maybe they take 95 down but quite a few cut across on 4 and end up here.
SWFL sounds good to me. I can see a difference between us here and the same latitude on the east coast.
Learned something new today, FL Hwy numbers start up north and go up as you go south. Seeing as I am just south of 64 I am happy.
Of course the Keys are an entirely different thing right?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I say if you can grow Mahogany trees  you are in south Florida.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#19]
If I'm drawing a line it'd be somewhere around Sarasota and the straight across. Everything underneath would be what I consider south Florida. That being said there's plenty of places in South Florida (inland) that are still full of tradition and haven't been infiltrated by yankees.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You're forgetting central FL.

North is big bend and say St. Augustine north

Central- Cedar Key/Daytona Beach down to Port Charlotte/Jupiter

South FL is Ft Myers/Boca Raton on down to key west
View Quote

Agree, but it should be Delray, not Boca
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys have it all wrong...

All you have to do is start at the coast pull 30 miles inland and just cut off the coasts. That's where all the population is.

Then that leaves all the beautiful Florida cattle lands in FL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Being raised in hollywood and currently living near orlando (only 12more years till retirement) i say south of Jupiter is south, then starts central fl till about daytona.  Then it becomes north FL
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Being raised in hollywood and currently living near orlando (only 12more years till retirement) i say south of Jupiter is south, then starts central fl till about daytona.  Then it becomes north FL
View Quote

Live out west of Jupiter, wife calls it the last frontier before south Florida.  She said that back in 1987 when we moved down from Port Orange.........
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
South of I10.
View Quote
Good thing I live two miles north of I-10 then. 
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#25]
In a few years it won't matter.

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I am, of course, speaking in full generalities. That all being said, I would say that you need at least 2 generations born in the south to cleanse the bloodline of the Yankee influence. Telltale signs are the use of such words as "rubbish", "youse guys", "rummage or tag sale", "sneakers", etc, but I digress....
View Quote
Don't forget pop or soda
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have hear south of I4 is, I have only Miami area too. Where is our Mason-Dixon line? As a resident or Bradenton am I a southern Floridian or do I have to settle for living in Gods waiting room?
View Quote

sr-60 is considered to be "the frost line", meaning historically, the winters are frost-free, below this line. i would say this classifies as south florida, although some guys might say sr-70 should be the line, while others will claim it's alligator alley.

anything ABOVE SR-60 is proven to be yankee held territory.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Uh that's changing anyghing below 60 is yakee territory or Democratic it seems. With all the yakees retiring and moving to naples, ft myers and all the other larger areas down there. There are yankee territories all over the place South of 60 full of retirees from NY, IL, and democratic states. With a resident down here and up North still double voting.   I frequent Florida Shooters Network and you can just about see that the Never Trumpers /Democrats demographics are are all South Florida areas and Orlando area by the comments they leave. While the rual areas and smaller Florida towns are Pro Trump

They do nothing but bash Trump on FSN it seems anymore with an exception of a very few members in the forum. If you say anything pro Trump your post is attacked with negative comments mostly from Southern Florida residents and Orlando
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
South and east of Okeechobee, south of Martin County. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
South and east of Okeechobee, south of Martin County. 
View Quote
That is my belief, too.  Although Yeehaw Junction is questionable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anything south of Lake Okeechobee.
View Quote
+1 this.   Bradenton  (Manatee County) is on the west central Gulf coast and is the origin of the original Cracker Trail from Bradenton to Ft Pierce, so I no it's not South Florida.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
North palm beach county line.
View Quote
Dammit, I live on County line Rd..the bad (PBC) half..i drive into County of Martin for everything though, incl cheaper fuel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#33]
South of Lake Okeechobee. WPB, FTL, MIA down to KW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top