Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 3:20:38 PM EDT
I will be relocating to the Orlando area mid-March. I will miss the gun freedoms we have out here, but I wouldn't be moving to FL if it was a non-free state.   I believe my CCW is honored there. 

I'm currently looking for a house to rent north of Orlando (my new job is on the north side, off I-4) and eventually purchase something once I investigate the area. What's a good place to live in the area? Anything I should know about the area?

Of course, I'll be looking for a place to shoot. I'm spoiled right now as I can get to the desert in 15 minutes and shoot/blow up whatever I want  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.

Note:
790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.—

(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by:
(a) Registering to vote;
(b) Making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17; or
(c) Filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state,
the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome.

Note:
790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.—

(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by:
(a) Registering to vote;
the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification. What's the process to get a Florida CCW? 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome.

Note:

(a) Registering to vote;

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License/How-to-Apply-for-or-Renew-a-Concealed-Weapon-License

NOTE: When submitting your application (at either a regional office or tax collector's office), you will be asked to swear and affirm that you have been furnished a copy of Chapter 790, Florida Statutes, and that you are knowledgeable of the provisions contained in that section of law. Please read and review Chapter 790 prior to your appointment.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/0790ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2016&Title=-%3E2014-%3EChapter%20790

You should consider buying a copy of this book which is considered to be the best resource regarding our gun laws.

http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/book-overview-and-content-8th.html
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!

North side of Orlando, I would recommend Seminole County, Longwood or Lake Mary area. I live northwest of Orlando now, in Orange County, and will be looking to purchase my next home in Seminole. You can also consider Volusia county, NE of Lake Monroe, if you want a slightly more rural atmosphere, but the commute will take you across the St Johns River bridge, which can be agonizing during the rush hours. Let me know if you narrow things down and want a more detailed account of any areas in particular.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just southwest of lake Monroe, Seminole county, unincorporated Sanford. Love the area. Easy access to I4 and 417. Looking forward to 429 getting finished and I can grab it from 46.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm just southwest of lake Monroe, Seminole county, unincorporated Sanford. Love the area. Easy access to I4 and 417. Looking forward to 429 getting finished and I can grab it from 46.
View Quote
What do you like about the area? Do you need to commute to Orlando daily?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Orlando traffic absolutely sucks! If you can avoid I4 then do so cause its is in the first year of a 5yr make over. Sounds like you may wanna look in the maitland or Altamonte springs area maybe oveido. Rent is high and competitive in the area.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Florida is pretty good on gun laws but of Orland area sucks.
Have fun dodging snow rats, tourists and the clan of the rat...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
As a person whose family has been here since the early 1800s, Do yourself a favor and Stay in Az, this place will be California in another 8 to 10 years the Northern liberal Shit are invading our state like cockroaches.  if you have to come, look in Marion, Lake, counties, and some areas of Seminole north of Orlando, Orange along with Osceola and Hillsborough counties are the shit holes of liberals.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're Neighbors! I'm 2 miles east of I-4, Just off 46.

OP, Seminole County is OUTSTANDING, A-rated schools if you have childrens, great services, lots of country living, everything a person could need. Quality Living.

I've lived here since 95 after growing up in neighboring Orange County Orlando area. Otown and the surrounding area just got overrun.

But the I-4 commute absolutely sucks, no getting around it. May improve some in a few years after they finish the upgrade, but today and tomorrow, it sucks. Lucky for me, I almost never have to head that way.

We have a light commuter rail into Orlando, but it's a single track with limited usefulness.

If you have to commute to Orlando, take that into consideration.

Sanford is under-rated in IMHO, I've lived here since 2000 and love it. Medium size town, drive across it in ten minutes, Mall, movie theater, 2 Walmarts, Target,  Sams, Bjs, Lowes, every chain restaurant you can imagine and plenty of originals, a great old time downtown with breweries and clubs, The Old Downtown neighborhoods have lots of beautiful 100 year old homes under 200 year old oaks.  Gun shops, Riverfront, marina, public boat ramps, great parks and trails. Easy access to everywhere else. Two good Ranges within a half hour, not counting indoor ones. 30-40 minutes to the beach.

Travon and his crowd were from out of town.

We have our hood, but it's no worse than anywhere else.

Lake Mary is great as well, closer by a few miles to Orlando and mostly newer, Longwood and Altamonte are more Urban, crowded.

Oviedo is nice, but is less accessible, and closer to UCF and it's crowds.

Be happy to answer any questions.

All of Seminole is great, plenty of country style too, although land is not cheap here

You're going to hate the humidity.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top