Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 4:52:18 PM EDT
My daughter just called me and said they are making everyone go thru detectors..

She is 21 and was with friends, they all got put thru the metal detectors. She had a FiveSeven on her hip and a J frame in her purse. The PBSO made a big deal about it. She had to even take her Benchmade out of her purse and lock it up  in her car. So be careful out there. I am going layer tonight and I am pissed now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up, my wife and I were going later; now we're not.

Isn't it illegal to bar CCW on publicly owned county property?

If they detect your ccw you should be allowed to show your concealed firearms license and proceed to enter.

South Florida Fair - Wikipedia

Wikipedia › wiki › South_Florida_Fair

The South Florida Fair is an annual fair held in West Palm Beach, Florida, every January or/to February. Thefairgrounds site ... Location, West Palm Beach, Florida. Owner, Palm Beach County. Opened, 1912 (105 ...

More:

http://www.tbo.com/ap/politics/you-can-now-carry-your-gun-at-florida-state-fair-358920

http://www.southfloridafair.com/p/mediacenter/148
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
(3) PROHIBITIONS; PENALTIES.—
(a) Any person, county, agency, municipality, district, or other entity that violates the Legislature’s occupation of the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition, as declared in subsection (1), by enacting or causing to be enforced any local ordinance or administrative rule or regulation impinging upon such exclusive occupation of the field shall be liable as set forth herein.

(b) If any county, city, town, or other local government violates this section, the court shall declare the improper ordinance, regulation, or rule invalid and issue a permanent injunction against the local government prohibiting it from enforcing such ordinance, regulation, or rule. It is no defense that in enacting the ordinance, regulation, or rule the local government was acting in good faith or upon advice of counsel.

(c) If the court determines that a violation was knowing and willful, the court shall assess a civil fine of up to $5,000 against the elected or appointed local government official or officials or administrative agency head under whose jurisdiction the violation occurred.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.33.html

Notify Florida Carry!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree my friend, would have loved to meet ya in person

She said there are signs saying no guns..as well. Fuk..I wanted to pull out as well but the wife was like oh it's a tradition..we have been going 20 years..

We used to shoot out here off Benoist farms road..PBSO had a range here as well.

Holy hell traffic is bad. I am in the back seat of my FIL new Range Rover Sport....just chilling. I want to yell at some Prius drivers..Go be poor somewhere else..lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
(3) PROHIBITIONS; PENALTIES.—
(a) Any person, county, agency, municipality, district, or other entity that violates the Legislature’s occupation of the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition, as declared in subsection (1), by enacting or causing to be enforced any local ordinance or administrative rule or regulation impinging upon such exclusive occupation of the field shall be liable as set forth herein.

(b) If any county, city, town, or other local government violates this section, the court shall declare the improper ordinance, regulation, or rule invalid and issue a permanent injunction against the local government prohibiting it from enforcing such ordinance, regulation, or rule. It is no defense that in enacting the ordinance, regulation, or rule the local government was acting in good faith or upon advice of counsel.

(c) If the court determines that a violation was knowing and willful, the court shall assess a civil fine of up to $5,000 against the elected or appointed local government official or officials or administrative agency head under whose jurisdiction the violation occurred.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.33.html

Notify Florida Carry!
View Quote

Thank you,  will notify.

She said PBSO called in backup and threatened to arrest her. They then went on about her FN 5.7..they said hey those rounds are COP KILLERS AND GO RIGHT THRU OUR VESTS lol. Why do you have a gun like that young lady? Unreal. 6 officers were around her. She is 21 , 6 ft tall, 135 lbs and DD boobs..
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
My Sig 232 is under my cap

No gun signs everywhere they say noILLEGAL FIREARMS..  My FIL just got busted with his Bulldog .44

They found my SIG too. I have a crowd gathering. My FIL is giving them shit..he is from TN..and always carries.

Cop is getting more back up

My daughter is now on scene..the cops are like wait is she with you..you let your daughter carry 2 guns with Armor piercing bullets... well yes.

We are retreating to the Suv..my wife is done arguing with the cops..
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No gun signs everywhere they say noILLEGAL FIREARMS..  My FIL just got busted with his Bulldog .44

They found my SIG too. I have a crowd gathering. My FIL is giving them shit..he is from TN..and always carries.

My daughter is now on scene..the cops are like wait is she with you..you let your daughter carry 2 guns with Armor piercing bullets... well yes.

View Quote

If folks have Concealed firearms licenses their concealed handguns are not illegal guns.

This appears to be a clear violation of the latest state preemption law.

Time to contact the governor and AG.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If folks have Concealed firearms licenses their concealed handguns are not illegal guns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx, I will on Monday. MAGA my brothers..lo
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Shit. Wife and I were planning to go on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#9]
For what it's worth, the Volusia County Ag. center exhibit areas are ALSO posted with signage on the main gates.    No metal detectors however.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, the Volusia County Ag. center exhibit areas are ALSO posted with signage on the main gates.    No metal detectors however.
View Quote

They have the walk thru detectors, then they wand you head to toe.It is very complete,you will not sneak weapons in.

Lots and lots of white, trailer trash, fat white chick's with neck tats and gold teeth lol and of course the black thug baby daddy. Then Mexicans with 5 small kids and the wife getting to drop another anchor baby.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Couldn't you just have all of the officers arrest each other for violating the law on state preemption? Heads would explode
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Need to hammer those idiots.  I haven't been to a fair in years but from past experience if there's one place you'll want to carry it's there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Our fair is on county property also.
No firearms on county property.  FS 790 SOMETHING.

Yes, they have a walkthrough.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Hillsborough county sheriff was taken to court a few years ago for the same actions in tampa for the central FL fair. The courts found they could not keep ccw out. So now when you approach security you advise them and they take you to the side. You have provide proof of your ccw and the deputy radios the number to check that its current and valid. Then you go on in. Sounds like a pro 2A group needs to do the same down there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Our fair is on county property also.
No firearms on county property.  FS 790 SOMETHING.

Yes, they have a walkthrough.
View Quote

I don't think there is a F.S.790 something that prohibits licensees from carrying on county property.  In fact I pretty sure of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't think there is a F.S.790 something that prohibits licensees from carrying on county property.  In fact I pretty sure of it.
View Quote

Went back and looked. I can't find it either.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope that this is followed up on and complaints about the PBC sheriff's illegal acts are filed with Governmor Scott, Pam Bondi, and Florida carry.

There's a reason that the sign at the entrance said NO ILLEGAL GUNS rather than simply NO GUNS.

I hate when intimidation is used to prevent the exercise of our rights and the Sheriff's department damned well knows the law.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I hope that this is followed up on and complaints about the PBC sheriff's illegal acts are filed with Governmor Scott, Pam Bondi, and Florida carry.

There's a reason that the sign at the entrance said NO ILLEGAL GUNS rather than simply NO GUNS.

I hate when intimidation is used to prevent the exercise of our rights and the Sheriff's department damned well knows the law.
View Quote

A CCW holder needs to go to the SF Fair, and needs to record attempting to enter the fair on video.

Have a 2nd party there to do the filming and obtain indisputable proof of this bullshit. Be polite, be respectful and  follow through.

A direct violation of our carry rights on video would be tough to ignore.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The protocol is when you walk up to the metal detectors you hand them your carry license.   They ask you if you are carrying and you say yes.  They then let you walk though setting off the detectors but they ignore it.  This is how it works at the County Government building downtown. Maybe because the OPs daughter didn't follow this they got pissed off and decided to be dicks.   She should follow up on this as her rights were clearly violated.   99% of people never do which is why the cops pull this stuff. If there is a problem with the deputy ask to speak to his Supervisor.

If someone get's denied following the protocol please file a complaint with the Governor's office.  Don't just forget about it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#21]
The gun show in Miami is held at Tamiami Park - a county owned facility - and loaded weapons have always been prohibited.  I got thinking about how that was permissible, but never followed through.  Could it be because the lessor of the property - the gun show organizer - calls the shots or is this a violation of Florida's pre-emption law?  It seems kind of stupid that you can't carry at a gun show, but what do I know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Wife and I went today.

Touched base with a deputy outside the screening area. He called in my permit and we went inside without any further fuss.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wife and I went today.

Touched base with a deputy outside the screening area. He called in my permit and we went inside without any further fuss.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife and I went today.

Thanks.

Going agsin 2 nite ..fuk me. BringING my AR pistol slung under my arm..Lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The gun show in Miami is held at Tamiami Park - a county owned facility - and loaded weapons have always been prohibited.  I got thinking about how that was permissible, but never followed through.  Could it be because the lessor of the property - the gun show organizer - calls the shots or is this a violation of Florida's pre-emption law?  It seems kind of stupid that you can't carry at a gun show, but what do I know.
View Quote

You don't want people carrying loaded guns at shows, all the finger fucking that goes on, they already occasionally have shootings at shows, and all guns are supposed to be unloaded and ziptied. It's not that I don't think people should always be able to be armed, but I just don't trust others in a situation like that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Preemption can open up a whole can of worms, how 'far' can safety rules go before it's a 'violation' of preemption? When I worked at Markham, one weekend an assbag lawyer started a huge argument on the firing line (he was fucking around aiming a rifle while the line was cold and people were downrange setting up targets). He claimed the RO's couldn't call the line cold or tell people to unload their firearms because that would be a violation of state law (since the range was county operated). He said an RO telling a range patron to unload/not handle a firearm during a cold range was 'enforcing an illegal firearms law'.

I'm so glad I don't work there any more. Vacations down there are all I can handle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife and I went today.

Thanks.

I hope you're kidding.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I hope you're kidding.
View Quote

Never mind...
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#29]
6 officers were around her. She is 21 , 6 ft tall, 135 lbs and DD boobs..
View Quote

Well I can see why all the coppers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thx, I will on Monday. MAGA my brothers...lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...No gun signs everywhere they say noILLEGAL FIREARMS
...Cop is getting more back up
...We are retreating to the Suv..my wife is done arguing with the cops..

...This appears to be a clear violation of the latest state preemption law.  Time to contact the governor and AG.

Thx, I will on Monday. MAGA my brothers...lol

Any update or official gov reply yet?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#31]
6 officers were around her. She is 21 , 6 ft tall, 135 lbs and DD boobs..
View Quote
Well I can see why all the coppers."
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only one who's mind went there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top