Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 8:21:48 PM EDT
Sat last night w/ thin synthetic camo and gotten eaten alive by mosquitoes biting me through my clothes.  Next week looks like 76-78 degrees every day.
IS WINTER OVER? Wait let me re-phrase that. Is cold front season over? Because we've had no winter just occasional cold fronts blowing through and then it's back to high 70's.  

Just started seeing buck sign this weekend. So the rut ought to be kicking in. The hot weather is hurting the deer movement and it's taking the fun out of it....
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a thermacell? It's the ONLY way to hunt in warm weather... I use three at a time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I do. I need to dig it out and crank that thing up, more hot weather and rain coming. FUUUUUU
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reminder on the thermacell!  Went on my first hunt for hogs and will not go out again without one.

Now just need to learn to hunt on my own on public land.  Can't keep paying a guide $250 plus every time I want to go out lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
This weather is killing my buzz. Last weekend nearly full moon, hot as balls. Didn't see anything in the woods. NO daytime pics on my 3 cameras.  This week, hot, humid, then rain all weekend thru Monday.  Mid January.

On Dec. 10th it was 22deg in the morning and I hunted all day, I saw 30 deer including 5 bucks with the one I'm hunting included. I haven't seen half that amount since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top