Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2017 12:29:42 PM EDT
My wife is wanting to take the kids to Florida for a family vacation this year sometime around the end of May. We would like to stay somewhere on the Gulf side. Looking for somewhere that isn't overly crowded, but not completely dead as well. Would love a little bit of night life, pool, beach, beach restaurants, and some entertainment for the kids as well would be great. Any help at all would greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sanibelle - Captiva Island
A bit on the sleepy side. The "Ding" Darling wildlife refuge for day hikes and birding. Lots of great places for eats.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Siesta Key, has a little of everything you're looking for...and is consistently rated one of the top ten beaches.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots to see and do on the other side of the state - look at St. Augustine.

Red
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Siesta Key, has a little of everything you're looking for...and is consistently rated one of the top ten beaches.

Have fun!
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of options for what you want op.  Pretty much everything from Destin/Panama city Beach all the way to Ft. Myers is in play.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I gave my opinion in your team thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Fort Myers, we have taken our kids there for years, descent beach, pools, plenty of stuff going on but not overly crowded by any stretch especially during the week, descent food, stuff for everyone to do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I like St. Pete and Fort Myers beach on the west coast. How old are the kids?

I wouldn't recommend Clearwater. It's not bad, but traffic sucks and it's tough to get around. However, this is where a lot of the boat sunset tours, et cetera originate from.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like St. Pete and Fort Myers beach on the west coast. How old are the kids?

I wouldn't recommend Clearwater. It's not bad, but traffic sucks and it's tough to get around. However, this is where a lot of the boat sunset tours, et cetera originate from.
View Quote
If you want to see Clearwater, stay to the south at Indian Rocks Beach and drive to Clearwater. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
If you decide on the StPete/Clwtr area we love this Mom and Pop place, http://www.theseachest.com/ just south of Johns Pass and just north of StPete beach. When we have overflow at our beach condo this is where we put them up. Great rooms, location and great rates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top