Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 10:00:49 AM EDT

I need to move next year and I need to know about apartment rentals and what areas I need to avoid.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Tamarac is one of the weird little spots in west Lauderdale, you probably want to stay north of McNab/ Cypress Creek and west of University. There are some sketchy pockets mostly to the south and even in the eastern area but they pop up after you turn a corner from some nice places. Coral Springs and Coral Ridge roads which run north/south have a TON of apt complexes just to the north of Tamarac.

If you hit the apartment guide and have specific places in mind I can try to shake the cob webs off and give you any thoughts I can remember from the area. (I moved out of Coral Springs a couple of years ago but use to drive the route from where the Sawgrass makes the turn out there to the Executive Airport every day, so I went through there daily and shopped apts prior to moving into Coral Springs)(I usually looked at the cars in the parking lots to tell what the neighborhood was like)

In that area a 1 bed apt for less than about $1200 is going to be suspect.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
there are some free rental services like Rent 1 Sale 1, I worked there many years ago the realtors are paid by the apartment complexes its nice when you don't know anything about the area....For Rent magizine is also a good one to get ideas about the communities, steer clear of the Hamptons off McNab Rd. its da hood
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
for rent, expect 1k min for a 1 BR.  Mostly 1600 I'm seeing...it sucks :(
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Margate and Coconut Creek areas are worth looking into as well. Its the immediate area. If you are unsure of an area in them ask me, I have been here way too long lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top