Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 6:36:38 AM EDT
Find your dogs already.
Its ridiculous that I have to swerve almost into on coming traffic because of your dog.
Heres the problem. I wake up to a beautiful day. Me and my buddy jump in the truck with my own dog to enjoy a day hike. On the way to the trail head we pass Hunter after Hunter.....dog box and cooler and occasionally a few fat red neck girls in blaze Orange bouncing around in back.
To each their own.
The biggest problem was the dogs...and the issues they cause. Traffic Saftey issues .

I crest a hill heading north on 19 and there's a fucking damn PETA convention on the side of the road..just south of juniper club..across from the wilderness area on the west side of 19.
I'm giving this info out in case you know who ran dogs or lost one there.(serious side of this post).
There on the road side was an SUV silver in color not all the way off the road.
Looked like a Forrester.. could have been a Hyundai..but here was the scene.

One distraught knit cap wearing female on a phone...another female half hugging her.
At first I thought the hit a bear or found one..(that was my last trip)... 
A guy... The skinny rust orange pants..knit cap..puffer vest ..chin beard made me think maybe they had just went to harvest a Christmas tree. Nope.
Him and another girl we're bent down..petting a hound. Typical white and tan.
Who..was rather healthy looking verse some I've seen..radar collar and all.. Wagging his tail with his face shoved into a bag of Doritos. The girl had a half eaten subway sub and a water bottle as well..poised by his head for fast swallowing.

So if anyone knows a hunter who lost a healthy looking dog out there the hipsters took it.
Or at least explain why their dog had the explosive shits for no reason that night.

Again please hunters collect your dog's..the hippy/hipster/vegan gluten free wanna be don'tn go outside when it's under 75 north face wearing fuckers are gonna cause a wreck 40 miles from any medical care....

Be safe out there this season guys/gals....
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain, and share your angst.   :)

Oh, and I absolutely detest dog hunters.  Period.   I'm not saying they should not be allowed, but a more egregious group of red necks you will never find.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The tracking collars allow the owner to know the dogs exact location.

At least the modern ones. The old ones were basically chasing signal strength, but the new ones are gps, guys I know use a pad with the collar locations overlaid on an earth map.

Dog Hunting in the Forest is limited to the Pipeline area, 2/3 or better of the forest is restricted for dogs, a little effort and you can find all the peace and solitude you want.

For the record, I don't own any hunting dogs and don't hunt over dogs, just have some friends and acquaintances that do.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The tracking collars allow the owner to know the dogs exact location.

At least the modern ones. The old ones were basically chasing signal strength, but the new ones are gps, guys I know use a pad with the collar locations overlaid on an earth map.

Dog Hunting in the Forest is limited to the Pipeline area, 2/3 or better of the forest is restricted for dogs, a little effort and you can find all the peace and solitude you want.

For the record, I don't own any hunting dogs and don't hunt over dogs, just have some friends and acquaintances that do.
View Quote

Oh..I know the areas lol .
My main problem was .I hope a guy doesn't lose a good dog to the hipsters or end up with looking at dark 30 with a dog that just blow it's asshole inside out from a hot Italian with extra mayo...lol ..

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no problem with dog hunters.  I hate assholes that claim to be hunting, while they let their dogs run wild while they sit in the pickup drinking beer and smoking weed.
Yea, I gots ah GPS on old Red.  He's about six miles away and hot on a deer.  Look at him go.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm a dog hunter........unashamedly so at that.    Fella's, there are assholes in EVERY aspect of the outdoor experience..........from the poorly trained LEO's that I've ran into to the thieves that steal dogs and/or camping gear.   To the STILL HUNTERS.....those self styled so called "sportsmen" that decry the use of dogs, all the while that're quick to put up their stands in a dog hunt area in prime dog running areas..........they bitch about the DH and all the while hunt over every else's dog.  

Gimme a break!.        I have hunted from Alaska to the Appalachians, I have year round access to family land in W.Va. that is reeking with deer,  I have three Caribou racks on the wall here at home along with a bear taken outa Valdez and I am here to tell you anti types that there is NOTHING, NOTHING wrong with the practice of hunting with dogs!.    Firstly, deer evolved over eons to avoid pursuit type predation, primarily from canines.   If it's ethically done it poses no greater impact on deer populations that any other method.....Far as conduct goes, I well recall a still hunter that dropped a 6 point a friend was running just west of the Bombing range......my friend arrived on the scene and expected the usual division of meat....that so called sportsman leveled a high powered rifle at his mid section and declared that the deer was his and he was keeping it....fortunately someone had the foresight to get a tag and a good look at the person and he was subsequently arrested.

Several years back some hikers caught and were leaving with another friends beagle.....fortunately that dog had a tracking collar on that the fools apparently didn't recognize and they dumped the dog when they realized that the entire hunting party was waiting for them to exit the woods.

And yeah, Protus, the PETA types must present the sorriest aspect, some years back the CFDHA held a fox hunt......chase only for those of you unfamiliar with the practice........that wound up with anti fox hunting peta types that were marching up and down 88 with signs.......the news people were on site and filmed those tree huggers swatting at the hounds when they crossed that road in pursuit of a gray..............Like I said, gimme a break!

Truth is, some areas ARE too small to DH.........I personally deplore the practice near major highways and if done in communities that have many small holdings it creates unnecessary conflict.    That said, the balance of the OCNF is very suitable for that purpose and much of the so called still hunt area ought to be re opened too DH......

And again, screw those so called, self styled "sportsmen" still hunters that run the OP hound breed............other peoples!

I forgot to mention that other odious group, our beloved Rainbow People......I personally had them attempt to stop me from recovering my dogs from the backside of Farles Prarie a few years back.......tried to stop me from driving to the old boat ramp, beat on my truck to the point that I slid my 645 under my left leg!.........That same bunch caught a dog belonging to someone I knew who tracked the collar signal to Buck lake.......one stinking hippie actually had that collar around his neck and a broad had the hound on a string while painting its' toenails with red nail polish.............that is an absolutely true story.

Frankly I wish there was some way of getting the trash dumping, abandoning burning campfire leavers, road destroying 4 wheelers OUT of that public land entirely..........I'd like anyone to explain to me just how it is that 4 wheeling and general willful and wanton reckless driving is a "Traditional" use of those lands,  you want motor sports then go to Daytona!
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Well guys..I see my sarcasm...was not detected. 

This isn't a DH bash...more of a do gooder  mess with a dog while being a snowflake jab.

There's good and bad hunters...good and bad people.

Yeah dog ..ONF could open a bunch of areas for different activities and still have room for more.

Took the wife/kid up to Delancey area.....that's changed a bunch since the 90s.

And I like how it's no tents/soft sided campers at shanty pond now....it'll turn into an RV park like the rest of salt Springs for sure.

Sorry my attempt to poke fun at the hipsters got folks riled up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Dog.
Hell yeah screw those hippies....

Can't wait...another month plus as they filter in....

Last ones we ran into at hidden pong area were very interesting......other big camp was off what is it old 65/83 or such that runs parrelel to 88 just outside juniper west side. Where the sharp S turn is at the last intersection. Bunch of them parked there...

I may go drive around this weekend to kill time....Maybe drop the 26$ for the wma stamp.

You see a grey blue 06' Silverado 4 door with small box and whip and a non hippy looking dude run me off the road.....lol 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, I caught it P.....just that you stoked my fire with the post and I thought I'd rant a bit!

I could not agree more relative to the camping and closures thereto that I've seen via our 'beloved' forest service.

Don't know if you are aware of the absolute stoppage of any hunting camp site use.........for that matter any camping whatever at Farley.    The Scrub is apparently the sole venue of the 4 wheeler bunch.    I'd really like to know just how much the FS has spent on

those damned  bike trails and gating systems.............all with out benefit of any public hearing or review...........Far as that goes, I fail to see what it is that the FS does do other than let tree cutting contracts and employ idiots to grade roads.    I happened to become a victim of that last early last jan. when they'd paved the north end of 88 with red clay only.....managed to flip my truck upside down at under 30 mph in the early am.....damn road was undrivable, trooper that investigated the event had a hulluva time getting out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah all the free camps aren't free or closed only to private use with reservations aka fore lake etc. We camped at buck as kids..and even around that spring fed one off grasshopper...let alone where we camped at Delancey....which is now nothing but ohv use..wtf.

I was telling my buddy on a hike over the weekend that hopkins used to be free..how high the water was etc etc.. vs the camp host crap now. Free .5$..7$..8$...now 10$ for hopkins.....

Oh and may the ass of the Florida trail association member who cuts that grass around hopkins rot out with ebola...thanks for the constant effort of trying not to trip over those stubs. It's like walking on a sidewalk and every other brick removed.

Hey dog...if I wear some pink highlighted real tree and blaze vest that's to tight can I ride in the back ...I'll even bring a yeti tumbler with some fireball in it..lmao.

Living in the Forest is starting to wear off on me. Lol 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Pink camo leotards only!
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pink camo leotards only!
View Quote

On it.....lol 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

On it.....lol 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pink camo leotards only!

On it.....lol 

Party
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Party
View Quote

Yup.
Think it might be my rainbow people troll outfit....

But if we're talking party ill get me some booty shorts to go with my boots....
1990s Shania and Terri Clark won't have shit on me.....

Lol.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Shit happens and dogs can have a mind of their own..Pick up the dog and put them in a kennel. Radio call for the owner and let them know where the dog is.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Funny post OP.

Would any dog hunters want that dog back?  Hanging out and eating Doritos aren't usually the habits of a good deer dog.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Funny post OP.

Would any dog hunters want that dog back?  Hanging out and eating Doritos aren't usually the habits of a good deer dog.
View Quote

Well ...maybe it was those sweet spicy ones........lol 
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Dunno, but my huntin' partners woman was feeding my already overweight walker ginger bread cookies today!       AND he IS a fat bastard!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well ...maybe it was those sweet spicy ones........lol 
View Quote

I'd stick around for those too, them shits are good
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#19]
So who's up for a pub 88 meet up...I'll bring the dorritos....lmao.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was waiting at the Dr. office in Gville the other day when a character/patient walked in wearing a moderately dirty and stained 88 store tshirt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Was waiting at the Dr. office in Gville the other day when a character/patient walked in wearing a moderately dirty and stained 88 store tshirt.
View Quote

Lol .
I think I got lung cancer just sitting there having two beers last trip.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

In! Or just do "The Loop". 88, VFW, Jack's and that joint in the plaza by Dollar General.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In! Or just do "The Loop". 88, VFW, Jack's and that joint in the plaza by Dollar General.
View Quote

Wed have to get more dorritos for that run lol

Jack's is off 314 right? West of salt Springs?

Never been there.......but now I may have to..I've got a whole week off starting Friday......lol 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm stuck in Miami Protus, until after the first of the year.  When is this event going to be staged?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm stuck in Miami Protus, until after the first of the year.  When is this event going to be staged?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno. yet.
Probably after season...for sake of the hounds you know  lol .

I'm not really free till the new year anyway due to holidays etc
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wed have to get more dorritos for that run lol

Jack's is off 314 right? West of salt Springs?

Never been there.......but now I may have to..I've got a whole week off starting Friday......lol 
View Quote

"Jack's is off 314 right? West of salt Springs?"

Yep, a mile or so NE of 88 (11) on 314. Cactus Jack's fall pre hunt and early spring post hunt parties are legend. Fried frog legs, gator, wings, ribs and cooter finger food all afternoon then smoked chicken and pork for dinner. All free, just buy their beer/booze. Great event!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Jack's is off 314 right? West of salt Springs?"

Yep, a mile or so NE of 88 (11) on 314. Cactus Jack's fall pre hunt and early spring post hunt parties are legend. Fried frog legs, gator, wings, ribs and cooter finger food all afternoon then smoked chicken and pork for dinner. All free, just buy their beer/booze. Great event!!!
View Quote

Ok. yeah on the same strip as the btw..big church etc before town.
I've passed it going up 314 to hit 19 and 88 to get home(i live on the east side of the forest)..

Funny thing this there's a bunch of dive/local haunts out there.
Theres the dog pound by the moose lodge off 445...I've yet to try that one...and another off 314 and 40...that I can't recall the name of....
I used to go to that big one off 19 north of salt springs back in the 90s ..wilderness or whatever it was....

Coolest thing was taking the old ferry across the lake to go eat at porkies ...that was interesting.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#28]
"I used to go to that big one off 19 north of salt springs back in the 90s ..wilderness or whatever it was.... "

The Frontier. We came in the back way on quads and shut that place down many times. Talk about driving while blind, all the trails back in the woods look the same when you're blitzed. I would bring my handheld Garmin 60c that left "Pekker tracks" so we could find our way back home. Eventually..............................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top