Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2016 10:45:18 PM EDT

Red
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a few over the years, had a young one stalk me to within 10 yards a couple years ago while I was Turkey hunting. He made a hasty exit when he finally spotted the "bird"
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty cool

thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]
He was an amazing animal!  I did not know that bobcats have a white patch on the back of the ears!

The nice thing about hunting is that you get to take all that the creator has to offer us!

not my pic - but this shows the white patch.

Red
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow,  I have seen a wolf and a fox within the pass three years.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just outside of Gainesville. I've seen more than my share of Bobcats on the farm.

One of my buddies said he's seen a panther but I've yet to see proof of that.

Foxes, every year a new kit of them.

I love being from the "country"...
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt seriously it was a wolf; more likely a mangy-ass coyote.

As for bobcats, I see them all the time in Brevard and Volusia counties. There's a no-shit Florida panther living in Seminole Ranch WMA- saw it last year while squirrel hunting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I see bobcats pretty regularly on my property.
When the bunny population goes up the bobcat population follows and goes up. Later as the bunny population crashes bobcat population goes down too.  My neighbors around here shoot them in season as they kill ducks, chickens and quails.  One neighbor lost a dozen chicken and a duck in 3 weeks to a bobcats.  That bobcat got lead poisoning soon after.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

A wolf?

Yeah.....I'm thinking that didn't happen.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He was an amazing animal!  I did not know that bobcats have a white patch on the back of the ears!

The nice thing about hunting is that you get to take all that the creator has to offer us!

not my pic - but this shows the white patch.

http://www.nbrr.org/images/bobcat_01.jpg

Red
View Quote

all wild cats have eye spots on the ears
I have seen twobobcats  watching traffic go by in NC but never seen one like your video shows that one looked to run more like a dog.I saw a coyote in north ft myers a few months ago.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
One came to my caller night before last. I see them all the time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A wolf?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A wolf?

There are apparently red wolves in FL. I've seen them in captivity, but there was a discussion by a member a year or so ago who made solid claims of seeing one in the wild.

A while back I found a bobcat that had been car struck, called my neighbor who is good friends with the local FWC guy as I didn't know what the regs were and told him where to find it. My neighbor recovered the cat and had a mount done by a taxidermist in Hawthorne. Beautiful animal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are apparently red wolves in FL. I've seen them in captivity, but there was a discussion by a member a year or so ago who made solid claims of seeing one in the wild.

A while back I found a bobcat that had been car struck, called my neighbor who is good friends with the local FWC guy as I didn't know what the regs were and told him where to find it. My neighbor recovered the cat and had a mount done by a taxidermist in Hawthorne. Beautiful animal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A wolf?

If it is the same shop that did my first deer some 36 years ago....I bet they did an awesome job.

Over the years I have pick up two road kill fox squirrels and had them mounted - no need to let somthing of beauty just go to by the way side.  Guess bob cat season opens up tomorrow - still do not think that I will shoot one.

Red
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[A while back I found a bobcat that had been car struck, called my neighbor who is good friends with the local FWC guy as I didn't know what the regs were and told him where to find it. My neighbor recovered the cat and had a mount done by a taxidermist in Hawthorne. Beautiful animal.
View Quote

Know a retired GFC officer who got a letter from the GFC Executive Director to have a road killed fawn mounted.  He had it mounted in a bobcat's mouth with the fawn appearing limp as if the bobcat had taken it.

Most original taxidermy idea I'd ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A wolf?

There is a Red Wolf breeding program on St Vincents Island in Apalachicola Bay, would not be surprised if there were a few in the Panhandle.

USF&W
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

all wild cats have eye spots on the ears
I have seen twobobcats  watching traffic go by in NC but never seen one like your video shows that one looked to run more like a dog.I saw a coyote in north ft myers a few months ago.
View Quote

A couple years ago I saw a bobcat that looked identical to the OP's. Was on an evening walk w/ my dog when I saw what I thought was a skinny dog walk from one side of road to the other, along a golf course and wooded areas.  It was within 50 yds and just sauntered across like I was invisible. When I realized it was a bobcat, I grabbed my dog and kept my on the brush as I walked past the area he disappeared into.   I was shocked how tall and leggy it was - and it looked hungry/skinny.   What round for bobcat?  lol j/k.  Beautiful animal really.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a great pic (not mine), but it's the mount I referred to.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top