Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 9:40:15 PM EDT
I acquired an older Glock 19 with the "black" colored parts and want to get them swapped out to the newer "silver" parts. Does anyone know of a Glock armorer near Saint Lucie or Martin County? Any help would be appreciated,thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You will want to save the black parts they have a slight collector value . If you find a GSSF match they will have armorer services for free or you can ship it to Glock and they will do it for free . I am lucky to have Glock local to me , it takes about an hour to walk in and walk out with what you need handled
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are at all handy, you can watch some YouTube vids and learn to do it yourself.  The parts are available at a veriety of places.

Glocks are the easiest guns to work on and require no real special tools.  Just a 3/32 punch does almost everything.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I planned on putting them in myself but after the price of the parts to buy myself, it would just not make sense. The parts I need would cost over $100.00+ if I bought them and I have no plans on selling the gun and  I really have no need of the older parts. I found a gun shop close to me, Lotus Gun Works, who said they would work on it and would call Glock to get the parts. Glock would not send me the parts directly,( I can understand that as they have no proof of what I have) and require a Glock armorer receive and install them. That is one of the things I liked about Glocks, is that you really don't need any special tools to be able to work on them.Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not arguing, but there are MANY places you can buy OEM Glock parts besides Glock and you can be a mere mortal (not an armorer).  Hell, even Amazon has Glock parts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you but I was just looking at the overall extra cost vs. being able to keep the original parts. I have taken apart many Glocks for myself and friends,(one of the best reasons I have for owning one-ease of replacing parts/accessing the internals without any special tools) and I didn't think anyone would want the older parts. I really don't plan on selling it as the pistol has a little cool history behind it. Unless you would like to buy the old parts so I can get the new ones?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top