Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2016 12:04:44 PM EDT
Interesting story. I believe that I wrote this up once before, but never clicked "Submit" to post it. Last year, my girlfriend had borrowed her mother's car and needed to return it. Her parents weren't home at the time. Her mother lives in a gated community. She pulls into the garage and I'm on the street. We go inside, she makes some food and we watch a movie and leave a couple hours later. Upon leaving the community, we get blue lights and pull over. The line of questioning from the officer was completely different than anything we've ever heard. It was commanding and almost belligerent. I think it's best not to post what he said to begin with (nothing unprofessional or profane, just a completely different line of questioning, likely by design). After several questions having her repeat the address and her parent's information, they tell her that they received a call about a car with the door open and a woman's purse on the seat. We were free to go and upon leaving the parking lot where we'd pulled over, we spotted no fewer than five patrol units who had quietly parked in a formation behind the one unit behind us.

What had happened was we had planned to drop her mom's car off and drive back home. She parked her mom's car in the garage, I get out to switch to the passenger's seat, which had her beach bag on it that looks sortof like an oversized purse, and walk up to the garage thinking she'd gone inside the house to use the restroom or something and forgot that I'd left the door open to the car.

I was thoroughly impressed with the response and level of effort placed into the stop.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Gated communities pay high taxes.
Gated communities gets  high level of service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top