Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 7:25:46 PM EDT
Not sure which month it was, I think June or July. Either way the guys had like three tables full of Pelican and similar brand cases, mostly with large cutouts in the foam for what I assume would be computer or camera equipment. I should've bought a couple then but I'm finding myself needing something medium sized now for my dive gear I want to keep protected during travel (canister lights, backup lights, video equipment, dive computers, etc).

Anybody know the name of the company or individual, or a way to get ahold of them?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember their name either, I thought I had their business card but I can't seem to locate it. There have actually been two different vendors the better of the two has a Facebook page they are located over in the Bradeton area I believe, I know that's not much help sorry.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my first pelican case at a gun show.

After that, I got a little bit smarter and knowledgeable about pelican cases and was able to find them online a little cheaper.

You have to spend some time looking at the total price.  Look at the case, the foam or other interior and the shipping.  With out of state vendors you save sales tax and sometimes that is about equal to shipping.

I now have 5 big cases and a couple of little ones, all purchased online and cheaper that the gun show price.

Just throwing that out there for your consumption.

I love me pelican cases.  Have not had a broken camera, a wet laptop, or a lost flashlight or gun since I started using them many years ago.  My orange one really stands out from the crowd.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
These needed new foam, but even with that added cost (I stood there and priced new foam inserts online) they were still cheaper than new. I'm not that worried about this stuff getting wet, necessarily (after all, it IS designed to be used 400-600 feet underwater), except for the batteries and chargers when they are not in their sealed canisters. I also don't want it smashed around in transit. It would all be air-dried before storage inside the cases at home and on the way to or from (depending on time elapsed since the last dive) the dive site.

When we are talking $175 batteries and $85 chargers, I'd rather spend the coin on cases I know will hold them snug and secure!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It was probably the same guy I saw at the Tampa show at the Florida Fairgrounds. I picked up his business card because I was looking for a couple of cases but didn't have the cash at the time.

I'll IM you the info as I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
There was a thread in GD a few years back and most recommended this company for having the best prices on cases.
I never bought any from them but I saved the website in my Favs. Don't know if this will help you out ,but it's another option to look at for you....http://www.floridacase.com/
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#6]
check out this company they have great products.  casecruzer.com  

I have used their cases and Pelican, and storm before they were bought out.  I'll buy from casecruzer again before i buy from the big boys.  you can also find them on Facebook also if you have and they run sells all the time.

have and really like this case https://www.amazon.com/Case-Club-Pre-Made-Waterproof-Accessory/dp/B01B3RRLF0/ref=sr_1_1?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1475411112&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=AR15+case&psc=1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top