Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 6:26:58 PM EDT
Giving serious thought to moving there, anyone have any insight. Also are there any military veteran friendly companies hiring.
Thanks
Pluckmaster
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Inverness, just down the road, there are lots of Vets in the area, but not a crap ton of work, Ave age here in the county is 63, lots of retirees that take the part time jobs, snowbirds are coming soon and it will get busier at restaurants etc....Lowe's does the preference thing for Vets I believe.

I own Gun Stock and Barrel in Inverness, its a small gunsmith and refinishing shop we are an 07FFL/SOT02....stop in should you come down this way for a visit and I'll give you more details.

BTW lots of places to shoot, we got a new 600 yd range opening soon in Lecanto
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in Inverness, just down the road, there are lots of Vets in the area, but not a crap ton of work, Ave age here in the county is 63, lots of retirees that take the part time jobs, snowbirds are coming soon and it will get busier at restaurants etc....Lowe's does the preference thing for Vets I believe.

I own Gun Stock and Barrel in Inverness, its a small gunsmith and refinishing shop we are an 07FFL/SOT02....stop in should you come down this way for a visit and I'll give you more details.

BTW lots of places to shoot, we got a new 600 yd range opening soon in Lecanto
View Quote

Nice to see you on here. I had a Glock 43 transferred through you in July/August (not sure which, LOL) from GT Distributors.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Citrus County has the third worst unemployment in the state, which is actually better then it has been in the recent past as we tie for first or second usually.
You don't want to move here unless you have a job ready to go.YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top