Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2016 4:56:43 PM EDT
Florida Shooters Network held a machine gun shoot a few months back, and it was such a HUGE success, that they're doing it again!

There were 32 full auto weapons + numerous suppressed, SBR and other exotic stuff at the last one, and this one is slated to be even bigger and better!

http://floridashootersnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=133186

Saturday November 5 th  10 am till ??

Ares Firearms Training

35615 N Treasure Island Ave, Leesburg, Florida 34788

this
is a fabulous range facility, centrally located for all to attend, some
have been there before if you wanna see pics check out Ironman's thread
for the 9/11 shoot , weather should be really nice , plan now, mark
your calendars, tell your friends, this is a family event ( responsible
age shooters please ) .....one day event , hotel info will be listed in
the future.

This will also be cross posted on some of the other forums so some other local guys can attend as well, AKfiles, Arfcom, etc
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Cost?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cost?
View Quote
I'm sorry, I thought that was in the link.

Its $30.00 for the day range fee.

You can shoot whatever you can feed.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

$20 30 a head IIRC.

View Quote
From what I understand, The combination of having a first class facility, plus the owner/RO being the nicest guy in the world, plus him running a very safe range without a bunch of range Nazi bullshit, has caused his business to expand exponentially.

In order for him to shut down for a private shoot, he needs a minimum number of shooters at a certain price to keep from losing money compared to being open to the public.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
taggggggggggg
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
INterested....

As long as we can bring our own too......
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Taggaroni
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
INterested....

As long as we can bring our own too......
View Quote

Yes it is a shoot what you brought type event. The last one was very low key and fun. Kids are welcome also as long as they are responsible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]
interesting
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Might be interested. But, how much time would each person get if they get a huge turnout? Say 100 people showed up, wouldn't that mean some people would have to wait for hours to get on the range? I only ask because I'm about an hour away but wouldn't be able to stay there all day, at most 2-3 hours.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, its definitely a "Run what ya brung" event.

Dont worry about not having any kind of cool tier one gear, just bring what you have.

Last time, I brought an 870 and a case of 12 ga, and we shot clay pigeons after lunch.

We actually had a line of guys waiting their turn!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Might be interested. But, how much time would each person get if they get a huge turnout? Say 100 people showed up, wouldn't that mean some people would have to wait for hours to get on the range? I only ask because I'm about an hour away but wouldn't be able to stay there all day, at most 2-3 hours.
View Quote

Last time we had space left over on the firing line...40-50 people showed. I doubt it will be the mad house that the NFAReview shoot was. Plus there shouldn't be a bunch of vendors taking up firing line space. It's also a very friendly shoot so if you need room there will be someone that will let you in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, its definitely a "Run what ya brung" event.

Dont worry about not having any kind of cool tier one gear, just bring what you have.

Last time, I brought an 870 and a case of 12 ga, and we shot clay pigeons after lunch.

We actually had a line of guys waiting their turn!
View Quote

Yes don't worry about not have any NFA stuff, there will be plenty of machine guns and stuff there that you can try out as long as you feed them...
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Most everyone who came out last time, brought a canopy and/or a table or bench of some kind and staked out a spot on the firing line that was theirs for the day.

Just show up nice and early, and you can have your pick of whatever spot you want.

I went the nomad route and just wandered around.

Every time I as much as slowed down behind someones spot, I was offered a cleared weapon and a full mag, and all I had to do when I wanted to shoot my own stuff was stand behind someones canopy, and they immediately waved me in and moved over to make room.

Trigger time was NO problem!

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey Chris,

hope you can make it up, last time we had 55 shooters and 32 machine guns, there was plenty of range space, but I'm thinking this year might be busier, but everyone gets to shoot, we are billing this as a Friends and Family event and letting everyone try out some others guns especially in Full Auto is how we play, just bring ammo to feed them, you'll be safe with 9mm, 7.62x39 and .223.

there are a LIMITED number of pre-sale tickets available ( you save $ 5 ) , but we are also gonna give away some stuff, definitely a .22 rifle, AR stuff and some other goodies.....

we are still working on a food truck guy, but last time people brought whatever ( Publix subs ) and some even ordered pizza from Poppa Johns

more info will be posted in the next few days

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Plus, it's been a while... I'd like to shoot the shit with you.

View Quote
I'll make peanuts!

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn, now I'm in. Will probably bring my 6 yr old son with me. He won't be shooting anything but will really enjoy the experience. Will try to bring a small canopy too I guess.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Will probably bring my 6 yr old son with me. He won't be shooting anything but will really enjoy the experience.

View Quote
You're going to let him stand there and watch other 6 year olds fire a machine gun and not let him shoot too?

Around here, we call that child abuse!

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, he's going to have a good time, I'm sure at some point he will get a chance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, two questions, do you have to bring your own targets and can you bring loaded mags? At Gander Mt you can't bring loaded mags so just want to make sure before I get there.
Picked up some paper targets at the Deland Gun Show today.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ok, two questions, do you have to bring your own targets and can you bring loaded mags? At Gander Mt you can't bring loaded mags so just want to make sure before I get there.
Picked up some paper targets at the Deland Gun Show today.
View Quote

Yes you can bring your own targets but you will also need stands for them as well. Loaded mags should be ok, just keep them packed until you are set up. Actions open/safe when not on the firing line.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]
we'll probably do a SUPPRESSED only as well, for a short period of time around lunch, them GO LOUD again there after

we really don't take a break, they will let us GO COLD and change out targets as we desire, and we really don't break for lunch, so its a whole day of shooting
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah this guy is what ALL ROs should be!

At the last one, his entire 2 minute shooters brief consisted of this,

"Make sure all shots fired hit the berm.

When we go cold, you don't need a bunch of fancy chamber flags, just lock all actions and position the gun so I can see that its open.

We go cold when YOU want/need to!

If we go hot, and you want to go cold 5 minutes later, that's fine!

If we go hot and you want to go cold 5 HOURS later, that's fine too!

So have fun!Eyes and ears people! (Blowing whistle) THE RANGE IS HOT!"

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I think he said...I don't care if you  wanna go deaf, but you gotta wear eye protection......lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have a AA12 there ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#28]
official shoot flyer
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Update bump!

Things are coming together nicely.

We have a prize table in the works that so far include .GSG 1911 in 22 LR ,AR lowers, mag
packages hats tshirts...working on a cerakote give away this week.

There is also a barbecue truck coming with a bunch of goodies so we don't have to worry about lunch.

There are still some discount tickets available for you guys who want to save a buck.

Contact Mark at Gun Stock & Barrel 352-423-1627

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I've had a few questions on some of the other forums about the range , we had an event there back in April so I'll do my best to describe it for those first timers.

the Range is approximately 100 yds in length, we move the firing line forward about 15 yards to accommodate EZ up tents and a hang out area for people to watch from behind the firing line, we will have  trap thrower set up on the far left side sending clay birds out over the lake, so be sure to bring your shotgun, shells and some clays if you wanna give it a try, not many other rangers where you can plug away with a VEPR or Saiga....lol....we will have a BBQ food truck there for eats, but Poppa Johns pizza will also deliver to the range for eats...or bring whatever you want.

in simplest terms we will have some target stands and stuff for you to shoot at, but you need to provide whatever you need for an afternoon at the range, there are some shooting benches, but a lot of folks just walk up the the firing line action open, mags out, shoot and then head back behind the firing line, an EZ up tent makes it nice to get out of the sun, but if you don't have one no problem just bring sunscreen...there are no targets or ammo for sale at the range, bring whatever you need

one poster complained he'd never been to a range facility where they didn't provide target stands , a simple cardboard box with a target tapped to it will suffice, Shoot Steel sponsored the range with steel plates at the berm, plus we'll have bowling pins and crap out there for plinking, if you wanna put a target at 20 yds for pistol, bring something to hammer into the ground , a 2x4 with a piece of cardboard and a target on it will be fine, no appliances or glass, what you take out to the range you have to cary out when finished

message me with any other questions

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I might also point out that this is a semi "Lost Brass" event.

When you are through shooting, you are more than welcome to collect your personal property from the ground, and take it with you when you leave, however, any brass purposely left on the ground becomes the property of the range.

This is part of the deal we made with Ares to host the event, so if you're "That guy" who normally walks the entire line with a pickup tool and a 5 gal bucket, you might want to leave it at home.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I might also mention that this range is Tannerite friendly.

I don't know about any crazy stuff, but there were numerous snuff can size jars blown up last time.

If you've never played with Tannerite cause your local range wont allow it, here's your chance!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Any camping allowed on site or nearby?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
No camping on site...this is someone's home and a working cattle
ranch....you'll have to research Leesburg or Wildwood area for camping
...I know we went to a picnic at Lake Griffin campground once and the
range is on the opposite side of the lake ...maybe 20 min ride ....

But the snow birds are starting to show up now FWIW

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#37]
just finished up a FA .22 conversion for the AR...bring lots of .22 LR guys

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLtY03tjmme/
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I just found out that there will be a car on the range for everyone to enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No camping on site...this is someone's home and a working cattle ranch....you'll have to research Leesburg or Wildwood area for camping ...I know we went to a picnic at Lake Griffin campground once and the range is on the opposite side of the lake ...maybe 20 min ride ....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No camping on site...this is someone's home and a working cattle ranch....you'll have to research Leesburg or Wildwood area for camping ...I know we went to a picnic at Lake Griffin campground once and the range is on the opposite side of the lake ...maybe 20 min ride ....

Wildwood Off-Road Park may allow camping. They have an event that weekend, but I'm not sure what they would charge you as a camp fee if you don't want anything to do with that.

Call them at (727) 776-4544 and find out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#40]
So yeah, one of my wife's cousins is staying with us this week and I have to take her to the airport on Saturday at around 12pm so I wouldn't be able to go until after 1pm.  Is that a little too late to go and get a spot to setup an 8x8 tent or will some people start leaving by that time 'cause they ran out of ammo?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#41]
half a day shooting will be better than not shooting for the day IMHO ???

you guys can run the MG's till they break or everyone runs out of ammo

I think we will be blasting till about 4 pm then have the give-a-ways...there are no lights out there so we gotta be packed up and gone by about 6 pm at the latest
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think we will be blasting till about 4 pm then have the give-a-ways.
View Quote
Must be present to win?

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Any chance I'd be able to shoot a precision rifle at one end of the line or the other and not have my target obliterated by MG fire
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#44]
You kinda get to shoot your own target, while everyone else shoots theirs, just like any other range.

I seem to recall the long range guys grouping up on the right side where (I think) there is a mini berm that's set back farther than the main line.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Cool. I don't expect any slow-paced trigger time on it, but I haven't shot it in a while and thought it would be fun to bring (maybe).
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#46]
the range owner is a big long distance precision guy, as long as your on the steel at 500 he'll let you shoot, but if you're a hack and up in the trees ect...plan to pack it up after a few shots

as for the give-a-ways, you must be present to win, we call your number if no reply we call another number

just added to the list of prizes is a custom 1 color cerakote job and $ 50 off any AR from  East Coast Custom Tactical

looks like the weather will be about 65 in the am and 75 for the day....super nice weather for shooting
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#47]
last chance I'll have to check in here, see you all tomorrow at the range 10 am start time, weather is supposed to be great 75 and light breeze

don't forget ammo if you wanna play with any of our machine guns, .223, 7.62x39, .22 and 9mm to be safe

shotguns, shells, and clay birds, as we'll have the trap thrower up and going

targets and stands, we'll have a few extra cardboard sections on stakes for those who can't provide

BBQ food truck for lunch ( on your dime ) and some cool give-a-ways

ez up tent if you wanna get out of the sun, small folding table and camp chairs or just put your carp in the dirt like most of the un-prepared types do

load em up boys
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Well?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#49]
well no pics ..................
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#50]
It was a fun shoot!

My guest Ron won a lower in the drawing and I won a grab bag with a nice shirt for the wife!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top