Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2016 4:48:09 PM EDT
Im a vet that just moved over to Ruskin and am looking for a fellow 3%er that might have some land that I can shoot on or know of someone who might have some. I would like to practice various shooting positions, the tactical reloads and shooting techniques I've learned. You can't really do that type of thing on a range. I have a steel target and will clean up my shell casings. I'm also willing to share all knowledge of my training. I will even pay to shoot on your land, help you eradicate varmints, or work out a deal that's fair. Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You can go to Gun Craft on 24th in Ruskin. It is a private range. They will pretty much let you shoot how you want if you explain to them what you want to do and shoot on the middle range and obey range rules. They do not have a RO standing over your shoulder telling you when you can or cannot shoot. On the middle range. It's one guest/guests at a time on middle range.

Prices start at 30.00 yr and 10.00 each visit for all day.  Real laid back range Allie runs it tell her Mackie sent you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I really appreciate the heads up about this range. I may try it out, but I already called and as I feared, this particular lane that you mention is pretty busy. The only days its not slammed are tues-thurs when I work. I wish I could just find someone with land who I could work a deal with. I'd pay or give them all the brass casings I shoot if they're into reloading (I don't). I just want to exercise my right when I want to and on my terms without it being such a pain waiting in line or forking out $
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really appreciate the heads up about this range. I may try it out, but I already called and as I feared, this particular lane that you mention is pretty busy. The only days its not slammed are tues-thurs when I work. I wish I could just find someone with land who I could work a deal with. I'd pay or give them all the brass casings I shoot if they're into reloading (I don't). I just want to exercise my right when I want to and on my terms without it being such a pain waiting in line or forking out $
View Quote
Land to shoot on is pretty much the holy grail. Ask yourself, would you really let "some guy" shoot on your land? The liabilities are endless. Once you let a friend shoot on your land, then he wants to bring his friends. Then they all become your friends and want to bring their friends.

That all being said, there used to be an Arf member named PegLegGreg...

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I see what you want to do it seems is shoot over 100 yds because tues and thurs is when they shoot 100 yds. Because they are not so slammed you could not shoot how you'd like the rest of the week. Tues and thurs is their 100 yd days. Now Manatee gun club about 40 mins away you can shoot out to 1000 yds check that out. As far as finding a local guy to let you shoot on his private property. Unless your family or they know you. It pretty much out of the question. I've been shooting at gun craft for 20 yrs so what kind of shooting do you want to do. Because I know they are pretty leant there unless what you want to do is unsafe. I've set up walls on the north range and shot from wall to wall moving from one to another. It just depends on what membership you buy as to what range to can use. My membership is 275.00 a year but no fee each I shoot but I shoot 3 time a week vs the 35.00 membership and having to pay 10.00 each time I shoot. I actually save alot of money.

But with my membership I have access to the entire range. With basic membership you can only use south range and middle range. Tues and Thurs is 100 yd shoot day
But that's a really laid back range as long as you follow the rules. No ROs on the range. So exactly what kind of shooting are you talking about doing. The being so slammed that you can't shoot the way you want has me really confused.  I have never seen that range so slammed that I could not shoot the way I wanted. Unless your talking about shooting 100 yds on tues and thurs the days you work then manatee gun club on Fri, Sat and Sun would be your best bet snd then you'd be able to shoot out to 1000 yds and even in matches

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top