Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 8:31:16 PM EDT
The family and I are thinking about towing our little camper down to Fort Pickens to stay for a week. Maybe try to do some fishing, explore the beaches, see the sights.....

What are some good places to eat in that area? What about places that sell fresh seafood?  I'm hoping that I'm not going to get bored being there for an entire week....what you you suggest for fun family activities??

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Peg leg Pete's, Joe Patti's
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Peg leg Pete's for food.  Joe Pattis for seafood, it's in Pensacola.
Fort Pickens is cool.  Camp, fish, swim.
Naval Museum. Ft. Barrancas on NAS
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Pickens is a cool place.
Peg Legs on the island for seafood. Avoid Flounders and Crabs.
Downtown Pensacola has some great restaurants, as well as some great history in the Seville Square area. The Wentworth Museum is ok but they just started charging (found out when we were there with my brides niece).
The Naval Air Museum is a must over on NAS Pensacola.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Pensacola Bay Brewery downtown.

This time of year, reservations at Ft. Pickens is a must.

In addition to the museum at NAS, check out the lighthouse on base. Incredible view on a nice day.

If you find yourself on the west side (NAS museum) Chet's seafood on Navy Blvd.. OLD local spot, marinated Grouper and Shrimp...wonderful. Ate there tonight. It's a small place and  

only open Thurs-Sat. Bring your own beer or wine.

There is also a AA baseball team in town, the Blue Wahoos. Beautiful stadium downtown overlooking the Bay and they usually have fireworks after the Sat. night games. It won't break

the bank to attend.

Don't speed through Gulf Breeze.

Come and enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all of the info guys.  I think as of right now, it's going to be the first week of October before we can make it there.  How is the weather that time of year?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for all of the info guys.  I think as of right now, it's going to be the first week of October before we can make it there.  How is the weather that time of year?
View Quote

Weather is usually still warm.  Not as hot as the summer, but still can be warm.

I was curious when you were planning on coming as there is a chance that a tropical system will be in the Gulf next week.  Sometimes Pickens closes when the road floods.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
October can be one of the nicest months of the year. Still warm but less humidity. Also, Ft. Pickens won't be as crowded.

A good choice.

There also is a new "campground" on the beach. It's right in the main core area on the Sound. No trees, and it's probably pricey. Caters more to big motorhomes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know what an out of state fishing license costs?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
3 day $17
7 day $30
Annual $47

If you're camping @ Ft. Pickens, Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle (across from Publix) on your way to the beach can hook you up.

Enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top