Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2016 10:31:56 AM EDT
I'll be in the Tampa/St. Pete area from July 29th - August 4th (maybe extend to the 7th). My wife lived there for over 12 years and we're both familiar with the area.

1) Any places to rent NFA items, particularly full auto in the area?

2) Any DoD based networking groups I should look at? We're thinking of moving back to the area and I was hoping I might luck out go to a luncheon or something while I was there. Even if it's not happening during my visit, i'd like recommendations for any better federal government (CENTCOM/SOCOM particularly) groups that meet down there. I asked the local SBA Tampa rep and he told me to "google it". . Up here in Huntsville we have tons of local recurring events but not all of them are worth going every month so I was trying to get suggestions for what are the better groups that do breakfasts or lunches on a regular basis, particularly where government folks are the key speaker.

3) Kind of a segway to the above question any decent small business networking groups that focus on federal work? I have experience starting up and working in a variety of small businesses so I was really interested in trying to find some HUBzone companies that might need help in Business Development, Capture Management, and/or Operations.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooters World on Fletcher Ave rents a variety full auto weapons.  They even have a M249 SAW that you can rent.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Second the Shooters world recommendation for full auto rentals. You do have to buy range ammo to run them and make sure to tell them you don't need the rso to lean on your shoulder (unless you do?). It is a really nice range with good people running it.

Not plugged in to the dod stuff, sorry. I'll buy you lunch if you don't find anything.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. I'll have to make it a point to hit that up then go over to Ybor City for some cigars one day .
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Not that I have much to add to those points; however, just checking in as (hopefully the only lol) arfcom resident tampa bay real estate professional.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Second the Shooters world recommendation for full auto rentals. You do have to buy range ammo to run them and make sure to tell them you don't need the rso to lean on your shoulder (unless you do?). It is a really nice range with good people running it.

Not plugged in to the dod stuff, sorry. I'll buy you lunch if you don't find anything.
View Quote

Times 3!

They have some nice weapons but are a little pricey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top