Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2016 9:44:55 PM EDT
good link

Is anyone up for a range meetup at cecil web public range on Saturday July 30?

cost is $6 per car

there are campsites nearby a nice 25 acre lake

the range has 4 parts rifle 200 meters, pistol, 50 meters, rifle again, and finally shot gun.   area.

You will need to bring your own target stands.  

ABSOLUTELY NO TRACER AMMO OR TANNERITE.
Post questions in this thread.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Think your hotlink is goofed up...had to copy-paste....but if I wasn't closing on a house the week before (and thus weekends will likely be exclusively house-related for a while), I'd be very tempted.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]

link fixed
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Did they install A/C yet?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
no but I have on poor authrity it'll be running by july 30th
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go.Ive been meaning to get to the range lately and indoors just doesn't quite do it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm up for it.. Would like to meet some of fellow ar15 types here.. What time you guys thinking?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm to much of a wimp for the end of July heat, how bout an indoor shoot on that date and we hit Webb the end of October?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm to much of a wimp for the end of July heat, how bout an indoor shoot on that date and we hit Webb the end of October?
View Quote

Geeze you sounded like me a month ago when i moved here from ny.. I'm getting use to the heat now.. Reminds me shooting in Quantico Marine base in July.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm making an announcement tomorrow that the next shoot will be scheduled for Friday August 12th if that helps any.

I'm in for the Cecil Webb shoot.  Let us know what time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Bring your own range stands whats this all about ??????????///
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Cecil web is a public range while there may be stands out there if they are suitable  enough for our use (as we actually aim) is up for debate.  the aug 12shoot campy is bringing up will be indoors

for those of you worried about the weather

those of you that do shoot nose to charging handles may want to bring a burn kit.
the range  opens at 0730 so lets take the obj by force at 0730.  

it is not season so I expect few other shooters.  we should be able to gain early superiority.  and get out before afternoon rains.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cecil web is a public range while there may be stands out there if they are suitable  enough for our use (as we actually aim) is up for debate.  the aug 12shoot campy is bringing up will be indoors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60

those of you that do shoot nose to charging handles may want to bring a burn kit.

it is not season so I expect few other shooters.  we should be able to gain early superiority.  and get out before afternoon rains.

View Quote

hahha funny pic.. ill be a little later..I have to drop my wife off at work in naples than head up.. Ill be in a black jeep wrangler with nys plates on it. We only have one vehicle down here until Sept when i bring down my excursion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
DONT tell any one your from ny ........... OH thinking its not a full auto week end either ??????????

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

hahha funny pic.. ill be a little later..I have to drop my wife off at work in naples than head up.. Ill be in a black jeep wrangler with nys plates on it. We only have one vehicle down here until Sept when i bring down my excursion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't mind me asking, what area of FL are you located?  I see you mentioned Naples to drop off your wife........
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you don't mind me asking, what area of FL are you located?  I see you mentioned Naples to drop off your wife........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We live in fort myers she had a job in fort myers and and they transferred her to Naples after she was here 3 weeks. Job promotion.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
DONT tell any one your from ny ........... OH thinking its not a full auto week end either ??????????

View Quote

Monday I will give them a call set us up for the group rate get permission to bring grills and ask about full autos.  

anything else I need to demand?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We live in fort myers she had a job in fort myers and and they transferred her to Naples after she was here 3 weeks. Job promotion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put up a post about the locals getting together for a indoor shoot.  The post is here in HTF, if yo can make it, let me know in that thread.  We always like meeting new people.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

He probably shouldn't speak then either .
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#19]
OK we have permission to bring a grill if anyone chooses too

FULL  auto is allowed at cecil web every 1st and 3rd Sunday and every 2nd and 4th Thursday.  

so Thursday the 28th would be a full auto day the next would be Sunday aug 7 then thur aug 11

So no full auto on Saturdays ever.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I went out to webb on Sunday and its looking nice.They have definitely cleaned it up a lot in the last year.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Lockup 239 passed last week & the(tTIC) 13er in charge  and I are declaring the july 30th shoot as  a memorial shoot for SWFL's own Lockup 239.

RIP CHUCK
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Do the RSO's still have you fill out the form & copy your DL #
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lockup 239 passed last week & the(tTIC) 13er in charge  and I are declaring the july 30th shoot as  a memorial shoot for SWFL's own Lockup 239.

RIP CHUCK
View Quote

OK, I think I can manage some summer heat to attend this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Was just there yesterday, only had me write down printed name and signature, then stamped my hand. No DL # yesterday.

Going to try and make it out next weekend if work allows. What line is everyone going to be on?

Seth
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I went last weekend and only checked in with my name and handstamp.

I should be good for this one still
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Ill try to make it out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Has a start time been determined?

Edit: I see 7:30 is the go time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Was just there yesterday, only had me write down printed name and signature, then stamped my hand. No DL # yesterday.

Going to try and make it out next weekend if work allows. What line is everyone going to be on?

Seth
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seth

I will be on the 200 meter line that goes to the covered berm.  I will be starting with 30-06 1903 & 1917s and peeing as needed  to assert dominance  our second wave can claim the pistol range.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has a start time been determined?

Edit: I see 7:30 is the go time.
View Quote

yes the range opens at 7:30 I plan to try and claim the best spots early and hopefully keep the Yankees/tourist at bay.

I don't think it should be that bad the restaurants in ft myers have been abandoned for 2 weeks now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#30]
ill be there around 8am ..looking forward to meeting new ar types...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#31]
https://www.google.com/search?q=ft+myers+weather&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

weather is suppose to be high of 89 low wind in the morning and only a 24%P chance of rain sounds like we picked a winner.

See everyone tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#32]
thanks for showing up today It was a great day great weather and a good shoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Were you the guy with the two russians guns on the end ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#34]
It was a fun day, glad to see everyone who went.  See whoever is going to SS on August 12th
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was at the end, far right as you faced the berm.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep i know the guy your talking about now..

thanks got one face with id now
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, what were you wearing?  I was in the 4th or 5th spot from the end.  I had the all FDE AR at my location.
If you can make it, try to join us August 12th at Shoot Straight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had  1903A2 and2 ars. on far right facing the berm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I was the guy next too the guy shooting the Russian bolt svd 40.. I had my a2 and AK with me wore the tan underarmor hat when I was checking my target..  if Im here on the 12th I'll be there. I have to go back north in Aug still dealing with a my house up there
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was the guy next too the guy shooting the Russian bolt svd 40.. I had my a2 and AK with me wore the tan underarmor hat when I was checking my target..  if Im here on the 12th I'll be there. I have to go back north in Aug still dealing with a my house up there
View Quote

I think I remember seeing you.  Hopefully you can make it.  If not, there be plenty of time to meet up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top