Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 11:44:34 AM EDT
Wife took a retail job in Fort Myers and have to be down there by June 5th..

Looking for any good gun ranges/gun stores.. Good places and bad places to stay away from (areas etc) ...

Looks like i meet all the requirements for CCW so ill be applying for that as soon as i get my driver license.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a few shops in Fort Myers.  I go to Shoot Straight, another is Fowler firearms, ( I won't go there), a good amount of people do though.  Us here from HTF get together every other month and go there to shoot, then out to eat after.  Keeps you eyes out for the next meet up which will July.  

There are a few good shops in Naples, Naple Gun Emporium & The Alamo are the two places I recommend.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions and also to meet up after you and your wife are settled in.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot straight is our regular hang out. Fowler sucks.

If you wanna drive down to Naples the Alamo is pretty cool. If you're looking for deals I highly recommend checking out a pawn shop in North Ft. Myers called Gold Miner. They have an awesome selection of firearms at really good prices. You won't find many local members who don't like the place.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot straight is our regular hang out. Fowler sucks.

If you wanna drive down to Naples the Alamo is pretty cool. If you're looking for deals I highly recommend checking out a pawn shop in North Ft. Myers called Gold Miner. They have an awesome selection of firearms at really good prices. You won't find many local members who don't like the place.
View Quote

I've never been, I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay off of Palm Beach Blvd as you approach downtown Ft Myers . It is the local gang hangout area as well as step in front of cars for lawsuits are usLehigh sucks , Buckingham  and Alva are ok, east ft Myers is the projects. MLK is what you expect. SouthFt Myers is nice . North Ft Myers can be sketchy as well as Hancock Bridge in Cape Coral. The rest of Cape Coral is New Jersey.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stay off of Palm Beach Blvd as you approach downtown Ft Myers . It is the local gang hangout area as well as step in front of cars for lawsuits are usLehigh sucks , Buckingham  and Alva are ok, east ft Myers is the projects. MLK is what you expect. SouthFt Myers is nice . North Ft Myers can be sketchy as well as Hancock Bridge in Cape Coral. The rest of Cape Coral is New Jersey.
View Quote

Besides the laws in Cape Coral whats bad about it? Seems like a nice clean city Im planning on moving to the NW within the next 6 years. What about CC is NJ ?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]

there are a ton of small home FFLS in the area, that are quite awesome if you don't need new guns.
Rook arms only charged $20 for a transfer

shoot strait is a good shop, but get to the gun shows and get to know the regular dealers you will find some great dealers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Besides the laws in Cape Coral whats bad about it? Seems like a nice clean city Im planning on moving to the NW within the next 6 years. What about CC is NJ ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in CC there are no strange laws here.  been here 3 years got my first parking ticket yesterday  at ft myers beach
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys for the information all good stuff..  

Is there any ranges that are 100 yard plus with in a 2 hour drive ? I'm a service rifle shooter only things i could see were max 100 yard and they are few and far between..

thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Cecil Webb in Punta Gorda.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cecil Webb in Punta Gorda.
View Quote

Thanks looks like a nice place too shoot
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Cecil B Webb also only costs $3
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Rook Armory. Kitchen table FFl who does transfers for $20 including call in.

Shoot Straight is great for an indoor range and has a large inventory.  

Cecil Webb has been on a downhill slide for years. Once the state brought in "range officers" it has become a cesspool where the biggest clowns at the range are often the ones in charge.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I live in CC there are no strange laws here.  been here 3 years got my first parking ticket yesterday  at ft myers beach
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you not allowed to keep any vehicles with signage at your own house, even Leo's? I believe they also tell you when you can and can't water your yard as well at that debacle a few years ago when tne has forced a lot of people to pay for the city to put in water lines.

Every interaction in that town with law enforcement has been an extremely negative one. Foreclosure everywhere, half delevoped homes in limbo everywhere. Property value fluctuates like crazy.

But that all tends to depend on which part of cape you live. SW and SE don't seem as crazy as NW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top