Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2016 12:19:55 PM EDT
Need a 200A sub panel installed in a shop that's 120' away from the main.  What kind of ballpark am I looking at to have this done?  I can muddle my wat through the inside of the shop wring, but that main panel scares the shit outa me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this 120' away in the same building? What size service is on the building? Is this a commercial structure? What type of building? What is the construction wood frame, metal building, barn etc? Will this be going through an attic or piped down the back of the building? I'm not in the game anymore but these are general questions someone will need to even be close without looking at it. Be as descriptive as possible.

ETA: What part of Florida?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yikes, not in the trade but 200amp 120' away sound expensive. Don't you have to start with a much bigger
panel to sub off a 200 amp one? Just thinking a 200 sub panel is huge outside of commercial building.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this 120' away in the same building? No, detached workshop.  What size service is on the building? No idea.m Is this a commercial structure? Home workshop. What type of building? What is the construction wood frame, metal building, barn etc? Metal tube frame building.mWill this be going through an attic or piped down the back of the building?  Piped underground then up the side of the worshop. I'm not in the game anymore but these are general questions someone will need to even be close without looking at it. Be as descriptive as possible.

ETA: What part of Florida? West of Gainesville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top