BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Rinos will kill it. My contacts in the Capitol tell me it is dead unless a miracle happens. Just like last year and the year before.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sending some more email. Anybody heard anything new?

Same.

More calls and emails.

Really hope others are doing this too and spreading the word vigorously.

I have no clue where OC stands.

The Rinos will kill it. My contacts in the Capitol tell me it is dead unless a miracle happens. Just like last year and the year before.  

I hope gun owners destroy the RINOs in their respective upcoming elections due to this.

Makes me sick.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

More calls and emails.

What should I pray for?

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What should I pray for?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same.

More calls and emails.

What should I pray for?

That Portilla gets a sudden case of Zika Virus and his head shrinks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Are any of these clowns up for election this cycle?

Please let me know when I can send some fund to any one running against these RINOS - they sure as hell are not representing me.

Thanks,

Red
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are any of these clowns up for election this cycle?

Please let me know when I can send some fund to any one running against these RINOS - they sure as hell are not representing me.

Thanks,

Red
View Quote

The way the rest of them are letting Portilla get away with this behavior, they all need to go.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Still waiting to hear from Marion Hammer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it possible to sue to force him to allow it to be brought up?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. According to the rules, he is simply doing his job.

The legislature has total immunity for anything they do.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh. Portilla would make a great federal politician.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's a POS.

Voting on duel purpose public restrooms over OC?

The guy needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's a POS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a POS.

Yeah, It was disgusting to hear that Portilla is ok with men going into women's restrooms, but not ok someone protecting themselves. He is a real perverted dirtbag.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't consider her any kind of a friend either. She gave a big gas bag speech on TV right before SB234 was shot down by Republican Senator Bogdanoff.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
This whole thing pisses me off beyond belief. One fucking asshole senator is blocking the will of the people of an entire state. He needs to be..........CoC prevents me from finishing this sentence.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This whole thing pisses me off beyond belief. One fucking asshole senator is blocking the will of the people of an entire state. He needs to be..........CoC prevents me from finishing this sentence.
View Quote

I have wondered if maybe the House passed the bills in such an overwhelming manner because they knew ahead of time it was going to be killed in the senate? I am really wondering if they are all more gutless than we ever thought.

Think about it. Hasn't it gotten really quite over the last week. Kind of like they are all hiding till it blows over?

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Do these azzhats have face book pages we could set on fire?

I have called, and emailed them both multiple times...
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't consider her any kind of a friend either. She gave a big gas bag speech on TV right before SB234 was shot down by Republican Senator Bogdanoff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Her organization isnt open to the public. No members, no meetings, no nothing. I've spoken with her numerous times and she is not very friendly or open. It is her way or no way.

Bogdanoff.... I still remember when they brought her daughter in for burglary at DCJ.

That damn senator didn't want her daughter to possibly get killed during the course of her work as a druggie and thief.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have wondered if maybe the House passed the bills in such an overwhelming manner because they knew ahead of time it was going to be killed in the senate? I am really wondering if they are all more gutless than we ever thought.
Think about it. Hasn't it gotten really quite over the last week. Kind of like they are all hiding till it blows over?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Standard political maneuvering is you pass stuff that will go nowhere so you look good in front of your constituency. They did this last year and the year before.

So in the end they can go and say "Look, I voted in favor of it but sadly it didn't go anywhere because of Mrs/Mr Blah."
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Puck Fortilla. What a deutschbag
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it sure looks like the stink is coming from more than a single source.

They talk out one side of their mouths while they appease their growing blue demographics.

Florida's 2A lobby needs far more muscle and voice. These people act, or don't act....with a sense of impunity.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
They are hoping/waiting for this to blow over.  I hope all of you are calling and emailing Portilla and your state Senators.  Also post Portilla's email in other forums...this needs national pressure, not just local.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Just heard on the radio this morning that OC, Campus Carry and airport terminal carry are declared dead by Portilla and won't move out of the Judiciary.
"Open carry is not going to happen; it's done," the Miami Republican senator told reporters.
View Quote

Link to story in TBT.

Just in case you want' to be even more pissed off at this RINO

Diaz de la Portilla said he wouldn't hear a similarly controversial bill that would allow concealed-weapons permit-holders to carry concealed on public college and university campuses. Also Tuesday, he said he won't hear a bill that would allow concealed weapons to be carried in Florida airport terminals.

“On all of these gun bills, I don’t believe any of them are necessary,” Diaz de la Portilla said. “They could result in unintended consequences. I think we need to prioritize in our committee, as far as what we hear. We can’t hear every bill that’s referred to us.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Another despicable article on it in the Miami new times

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/open-carry-bill-is-officially-dead-in-florida-8257132
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#23]
In regards to Open Carry, when will it be heard by the Florida Supreme Court?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]
What a  TOOL  Portilla is
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted:
Just heard on the radio this morning that OC, Campus Carry and airport terminal carry are declared dead by Portilla and won't move out of the Judiciary.

Link to story in TBT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Open carry is not going to happen; it's done," the Miami Republican senator told reporters.

Link to story in TBT.

Diaz de la Portilla said he wouldn't hear a similarly controversial bill that would allow concealed-weapons permit-holders to carry concealed on public college and university campuses. Also Tuesday, he said he won't hear a bill that would allow concealed weapons to be carried in Florida airport terminals.

“On all of these gun bills, I don’t believe any of them are necessary,” Diaz de la Portilla said. “They could result in unintended consequences. I think we need to prioritize in our committee, as far as what we hear. We can’t hear every bill that’s referred to us.”

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#25]
What a  TOOL  Portilla is
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted:

Link to story in TBT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link to story in TBT.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Nothing to say that SGB wants to hear.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Link to story in TBT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link to story in TBT.

.... “They could result in unintended consequences. I think we need to prioritize in our committee, as far as what we hear. We can’t hear every bill that’s referred to us.”

What a wonderfully ironic choice of words.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Well someone wrote about him on Wikipedia.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't mention that he is a scoundrel, tyrant, and liar.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe Florida Carry and/or the NRA could get behind a ballot initiative?  It would still be a big hurdle to get 60% of voter support but the Republican led State Gov't isn't getting us anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big bold letters.

Portilla Against the 2nd Amendment

Miguel Díaz de la Portilla has been the main obstacle to restoring some open carry rights to Florida. He refused to allow the proposals (HB 4001 and SB 68) which would allow people with concealed-weapons licenses to carry firearms on state college and university campuses, and the other (HB 163 and SB 300) would allow people with the licenses to openly carry guns. He refused to let these bills out of committee in 2015. The bills were reintroduced in 2016 and again squashed by Mr. Portilla. Despite the Florida House voting 80 to 38 to pass the open carry reform.

Despite the majority of House support for the bill, Portilla used his heavy-handed authority to stall the bills by refusing to schedule a hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee, which he chairs. Acting as judge, jury, and executioner; ignoring his role as a servant to the people, and refusing "meetings with the bill sponsors" by taking it upon himself to know better than his constituents and the majority of the Florida House.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#32]

At this point the worst part is that there are only 23 days left in this session.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Maybe Florida Carry and/or the NRA could get behind a ballot initiative?  It would still be a big hurdle to get 60% of voter support but the Republican led State Gov't isn't getting us anywhere.
View Quote
NRA is working already. Marion Hammer and her Unified Sportsmen of Florida is a state lobbying group that has no members or any open membership. It is a front organization for the NRA. It helps the NRA not get into media trouble.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Anybody got television news contacts..

Could have a story in this...

Portilla not upholding his oath to the voting public, etc.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
No TV News Station will do a story on this when they're Anti-Gun.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#36]
FUCK!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

FUCK!!!!
View Quote
Yes. That.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#38]
GOPe RINOs doing what they do best. I now wonder if Scott would even sign it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wonder if Dana Loesch on the Blaze has been following this at all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I say we put some money together and buy the billboard by his office and post some nice messages.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#41]
http://public.lobbytools.com/legislators/493

https://ballotpedia.org/Miguel_Diaz_de_la_Portilla

• Defending Our Second Amendment Rights

Excerpt: "In the Florida Senate, I will fight to ensure that all of our Constitutional rights are protected and maintain the responsibility of lawmakers to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diaz de la Portilla had expressed growing reluctance for weeks about holding a hearing on SB 300, saying last week it was "on life support."

It's among three gun bills he's killing this session by not granting them hearings in his committee, a powerful prerogative that committee chairman have.

Last month, Diaz de la Portilla said he wouldn't hear a similarly controversial bill that would allow concealed-weapons permit-holders to carry concealed on public college and university campuses. Also Tuesday, he said he won't hear a bill that would allow concealed weapons to be carried in Florida airport terminals. (It passed its first committee earlier in the day but it won't be heard in the House, so it was essentially dead anyway.)

"On all of these gun bills, I don’t think any of them are necessary,” Diaz de la Portilla said. "They could result in unintended consequences. I think we need to prioritize in our committee, as far as what we hear. We can’t hear every bill that’s referred to us.”

Both the campus-carry and open-carry bills passed the Republican-heavy House earlier this month. Diaz de la Portilla's decision to halt both of them has made him the target of praise from gun-control supporters and of anger from gun-rights advocates, including the National Rifle Association. (More here.)

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
GOPe RINOs doing what they do best. I now wonder if Scott would even sign it.
View Quote

Why wouldn't he?  He's been rock solid on 2a issues and promised to sign OC long ago if it ever crossed his desk.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#43]
22 days left
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I have gotten increasingly disgusted by Tallahassee and the people there. I have written a number of emails and letters, and have gotten back only lip service responses.

I guess I finally touched a nerve because I got the response below. Nobody there wants to accept any kind of responsibility.

Dear Mr. Cruciantime,

I would remind you that Representative Ray has spoken to you previously regarding his strong support of our 2nd Amendment Right. Below is one of the many newspaper articles available on the internet regarding the bills in question.

House Bill 163 passed the Florida House on February 3rd with a party line vote 80 Republican Yeas and 38 Democrat Nays. It was sent to the Senate in Messages on February 10th. The Senate is a separate entity within the Florida Legislature. It now controls the fate of the bill. This is the normal process. The republican members of the Florida House are frustrated that the Senators are allowing a single chairman to block passage of the bill, however, that is the process and there are a number of unrelated bills chairman are blocking in both houses of the Florida Legislature. All available resolutions of this situation currently reside within the Senate.  

Representative Ray has received and read all of your previous communications. Their tone is belligerent and lacks civility. Your contempt for Representative Ray is obvious and by their tone we deemed them unworthy of response.

R. Mark Lloyd
Chief Legislative Assistant
Representative Lake Ray
Florida House of Representatives, District 12
1615 Huffingham Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
904.723.5300 Office
904.723.5314 Fax
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Gotta keep the heat on them.

Keep Calling!  We can't afford to let attention on this fizzle out.

Senator Diaz de la Portilla  (850) 487-5040

Senate President Gardiner  (850) 487-5013

View Quote

Call Senator Gardiner's office and ask to speak with him. Tell him to pull the bill to the floor and that it isn't fair the one person(Diaz de la Portilla) can go against the entire House and kill a bill.

Urge him to stand with the people of Florida or expect to be voted out of office.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Senator Gardiner is term limited. There is no reelection. He doesn't give a rat's ass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Senator Gardiner is term limited. There is no reelection. He doesn't give a rat's ass.
View Quote

Oh. Well, I stand corrected. Just yell profanities at him then.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I have gotten increasingly disgusted by Tallahassee and the people there.
View Quote

Like I said in another thread...been there.... but if I was in that district I would vote that scumbag out. You could be sure if a bill that benefited low income hood rats came in he'd be the 1st to get it going.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#49]
I see a "municipal recall" at 100.361 in the Florida statutes. Are state senators subject to this?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I see a "municipal recall" at 100.361 in the Florida statutes. Are state senators subject to this?
View Quote

No.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top