Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 4:50:42 PM EDT
http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/20060/sheriffs-detectives-find-allegations-against-gene-pitts-are-unfounded/

Snip

Detectives concluded that Chapman’s allegations were unfounded. "There were no criminal elements discovered for his investigation of the missing firearms,” detectives wrote.

In other words — my words — they determined Chapman was full of s– –t.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Great to hear.  Hopefully the board gets voted out now since they all seemed to be against hm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
good to hear ..get this crap over with ...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
don't be surprised if the next "report" from the board says something like "while nothing criminal was found, we still feel the person involved is derelict in duty". at this point being cleared in a criminal investigation probably means little to nothing in relation to retaining his position. a vote of no confidence in a matter like this would seemingly be standard operation procedure.

i have never been here (but have always heard good things about the place and people who run it), as it is several counties away. it is a shame. we all fight to make "our place" the place, we want everything bigger and better. this is usually the result of just that, when places get to big they start seeing the kinda they COULD be making if they just cut one more corner, one more position, ect. good luck with the fight guys. i hope it all works out for you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
When was the last time a crime was committed with an M1 Garand or a 25lb Benchrest bolt gun?

Love how the board is giving the gun grabbers ammunition to make misleading headlines "28 poweful guns missing from gun club!" when all of this could've been settled in house.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When was the last time a crime was committed with an M1 Garand or a 25lb Benchrest bolt gun?

Love how the board is giving the gun grabbers ammunition to make misleading headlines "28 poweful guns missing from gun club!" when all of this could've been settled in house.
View Quote

i doubt they wanted to handle this in house, it seems like the perfect way to make the members "lose confidence" in the person investigated. sure he didn't "steal" the guns, he just "lost", "misplaced", or failed to "document" the transactions. how can we be "confident" in management if management can not manage? will be what they say next. i would bet someone's "nephew, cousin, old war buddy, ect." will make a "great" manager.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the board wants to amend the by-laws to have membership pay for the error of their ways.
Hope this gets voted down and they end up paying through the nose out of their own pockets.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like the board wants to amend the by-laws to have membership pay for the error of their ways.Hope this gets voted down and they end up paying through the nose out of their own pockets.
View Quote

You would think the Club has D&O Insurance to cover this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have just the agent for that board...

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
He has loyal followers
Whether he deserves you guys or not

I think not

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems silly to dislike the man (or his handling of things) and use that as justification to trump up charges and besmirch the man for the sake of a takeover. Yet, that seems to be exactly what has transpired here, and using the club's money to do it was downright shameless.

I was infuriated to see the club on the TV screen telling the whole world "Look how irresponsible and stupid we are" given the current political climate and our 2A struggles both here in Florida and at the National level. Even more infuriated now to know that it was all BS. The public perception is clearly "If the finest shooting club in Florida can't be responsible with firearms, no one can." We'll see if the news media covers this latest information; I highly doubt it!

I hope the next round of firings goes well. If I am able to participate in that process, I absolutely will.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He has loyal followers

I think not

View Quote

Oh snap!  Someone has some inside gossip.  Lets here it
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He has loyal followers

I think not

As the club's 2nd Vice President and Chairman of both the Auditing and Range Committees, you can bet that he does.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
what a complete shit show, embarrassment to the gun community.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Does Mr Pitts have a gofundme for upcoming legal fees yet?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Any updates after the recent membership meeting?  Seems disingenuous to hold a meeting at 6:00 on a workday an hour outside of town
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top