Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 1:45:52 PM EDT
Had a brand new Glock 26 from a dealer on gunbroker shipped to a local, and popular, gun shop here in Orlando (Orlando Gun Club). Before hand, I had to fill out their transfer application form with the info on what gun to be expecting, the gunbroker item #, etc.  They received it Yesterday at 4:40pm via USPS and when I just called to find out if I can get it this weekend (anxious and wanted weekend range time), I was advised they "have" to hold it for at least 24-48hrs to "satisfy ATF requirements". Is this for real? Any other gun I have had shipped to AL's Army Navy, for example, in the past I was usually able to pick up the same day or the morning after. I only shipped to this place since they are by my house and open when I get off work in case I would have been able to pick it up this past Thurs or yesterday
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Find another FFL stat!  Do what you must for this transaction & after it's done make SURE you bitch big time to them as they are full of it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Had a brand new Glock 26 from a dealer on gunbroker shipped to a local, and popular, gun shop here in Orlando (Orlando Gun Club). Before hand, I had to fill out their transfer application form with the info on what gun to be expecting, the gunbroker item #, etc.  They received it Yesterday at 4:40pm via USPS and when I just called to find out if I can get it this weekend (anxious and wanted weekend range time), I was advised they "have" to hold it for at least 24-48hrs to "satisfy ATF requirements". Is this for real? Any other gun I have had shipped to AL's Army Navy, for example, in the past I was usually able to pick up the same day or the morning after. I only shipped to this place since they are by my house and open when I get off work in case I would have been able to pick it up this past Thurs or yesterday
View Quote

If you have a CWP you should be able to walk out of there with it after filling out a 4473.  Still -- they have to enter it in their bound book and maybe there is some other internal paperwork or accounting they have to do.  Or maybe the guy who manages the bound book is out until Monday or something.

Either way, there are plenty of reasons that it can't go straight from the mail man to your hands.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
^

what he said. you have a cwp? avoiding the waiting period is the main reason for having one. (for us poor saps that lost our oc privileges)

it could be the fudd at the lgs just wants some range time of his own, to "test" your new toy for you......
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
yes I have a cwp but they dont know that, the form did not ask. Weird how I can walk into their store right now, buy a gun, and walk out........but for mine its a minimum of 24-48 hrs for "atf requirements"......being lazy and taking their sweet time to log they received it is one thing, but i dont buy that atf crap and thats what is annoying.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Passsssss.

I'd find another gun shop. Mine literally takes it from the UPS driver's hands, puts it in his book, and then I fill out the 4473. I've hung out before waiting on UPS to show up and it's always been a <10 min affair after he shows up.

Mark Kubes in Largo in case anyone is interested...
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go into the shop, present your concealed license and tell them you're there to pick up your firearm.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
The Orlando Gun Club is a stand up business. Every transaction I have had with them was conducted in a professional manner, while maintaining a pro second amendment attitude.

I don't know who you got your information OP, but on the FFL Application you completed for your transfer, it says, in bold text, "The OGC requires 24 to 48 hours to process the transfer."  https://www.orlandogunclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/OGC-Firearm-Transfer-Application.pdf

Since they are the only indoor range/gun shop within the city limits of Orlando, they do a great deal of business. I'm sure this policy ensures no mistakes are made with the transfer of your firearm, along with the multitude of other transactions.  

Did you speak with a manager in an effort to rectify a situation that you should already have known about?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
wow...That is just pure nonsense.
I bet it's a ploy so you buy their guns & don't bother with a transfer
I would never use them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#10]
They probably just put that wait time in for them to process the transfer not transfer it to you.  They probably get a fair number of guns whether transfer or inventory.  Each one needs to be logged, make, model, serial number, FFL transferred from.   What they're probably trying to avoid is you getting the notification saying its delivered and showing up,expecting to pick it up when they haven't had a chance to log it.  

The records need to be perfect or the ATF kills you on the audits.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Orlando Gun Club is a stand up business. Every transaction I have had with them was conducted in a professional manner, while maintaining a pro second amendment attitude.

I don't know who you got your information OP, but on the FFL Application you completed for your transfer, it says, in bold text, "The OGC requires 24 to 48 hours to process the transfer."  https://www.orlandogunclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/OGC-Firearm-Transfer-Application.pdf

Since they are the only indoor range/gun shop within the city limits of Orlando, they do a great deal of business. I'm sure this policy ensures no mistakes are made with the transfer of your firearm, along with the multitude of other transactions.  

Did you speak with a manager in an effort to rectify a situation that you should already have known about?
View Quote

I did know about it, was just wondering if its an "ATF requirement" or just their policy. Anyways, 4:40pm today makes 72 hours and the very helpful women who answers the phone advises "they will call you when its ready"

EDIT: and I know they are a stand up business, I have purchased another Glock 26 from them in the past during a labor day sale and shot their many times

EDIT 2: Just got an email I can come buy to fill out the form and pick it up. The rest of the work day is going to take forever lol

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
picked it up, they did it quickly and all was well. They cleared up the ATF thing for me (was mis info, no big deal it happens) and did a nice gesture while i was there
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I did know about it, was just wondering if its an "ATF requirement" or just their policy. Anyways, 4:40pm today makes 72 hours and the very helpful women who answers the phone advises "they will call you when its ready"

EDIT: and I know they are a stand up business, I have purchased another Glock 26 from them in the past during a labor day sale and shot their many times

EDIT 2: Just got an email I can come buy to fill out the form and pick it up. The rest of the work day is going to take forever lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what was it their 24-48 hours business rule, or something else. Is your mention of 72 hours relevant in any way?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Passsssss.

I'd find another gun shop. Mine literally takes it from the UPS driver's hands, puts it in his book, and then I fill out the 4473. I've hung out before waiting on UPS to show up and it's always been a <10 min affair after he shows up.

Mark Kubes in Largo in case anyone is interested...
View Quote

I would have guessed 'Kubes' if you hadn't said his name, lol.  I've done the same thing there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Since they are the only indoor range/gun shop within the city limits of Orlando,Thats not true. they do a great deal of business. I'm sure this policy ensures no mistakes are made with the transfer of your firearm, along with the multitude of other transactions.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So what was it their 24-48 hours business rule, or something else. Is your mention of 72 hours relevant in any way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was the time they set forth per their policy to process the receiving of the firearm, which is fine, not an ATF rule. Just wondering but why are you concerned regarding my mention of 72hrs, which is relevant by the way of whether it was 24-48 per ATF or their policy it was beyond that, are you an employee?  If so, did you pay attention to when the manager came out while I was there and told me he read my comments on here and we discussed it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It was the time they set forth per their policy to process the receiving of the firearm, which is fine, not an ATF rule. Just wondering but why are you concerned regarding my mention of 72hrs, which is relevant by the way of whether it was 24-48 per ATF or their policy it was beyond that, are you an employee?  If so, did you pay attention to when the manager came out while I was there and told me he read my comments on here and we discussed it?
View Quote

why are you concerned regarding my mention of 72hrs Not concerned in the least, just curious...for the simple reason that there are some Florida FFLs that are confused regarding the 'three-day' waiting period and how it does (or more accurately does not apply) to third-party transfers vs retail purchases.

are you an employee? Nope.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

why are you concerned regarding my mention of 72hrs Not concerned in the least, just curious...for the simple reason that there are some Florida FFLs that are confused regarding the 'three-day' waiting period and how it does (or more accurately does not apply) to third-party transfers vs retail purchases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got ya, then my apologies as I read that question as sarcasm.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#19]
The FFL I use in Sarasota does the same thing.  It's a bit inconvenient but they aren't far from me and they have hours that work well w/ my crazy work schedule.  Their shop, their rules but of course it would be nice to be able to bring new toys home w/ you on day one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Since they are the only indoor range/gun shop within the city limits of Orlando,Thats not true. they do a great deal of business. I'm sure this policy ensures no mistakes are made with the transfer of your firearm, along with the multitude of other transactions.  

Where is the other range and gun shop combo in the city limits of Orlando?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad I didn't have to deal with that when I bought my last handgun...
Top Top