Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2015 9:52:09 PM EDT
Just got my 6 mo renewal and it went up by over $140 Geico says the whole state of FL had rates go up due to them having to pay out on claims so they are passing it on to the customers. The wife and I can take a defensive driving course online for $15 each to get an $89 discount. What a racket!
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I renewed last month with Progressive, My rate went down.

There have been a ton of wrecks since the snowbirds have started arriving though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I renewed last month with Progressive, My rate went down.

There have been a ton of wrecks since the snowbirds have started arriving though.
View Quote

I've been with Geico forever, maybe it's time to start shopping the rate.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I was with geico for over 10yrs. Rate never went down, stayed sky high. Had enough, called 21st century and they cut my rate in half for the same coverage.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to renew with Geico in January, hope it doesn't jump up, it went up about $10 in July.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Geico jacked mine up again this last renewal period...switched to Progressive for $200 less per 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be checking with Progressive. I went to the 21st Century website and it directed me to the Progressive website based on my zip code. Progressive quick quote was almost 40% cheaper than Geico. I'll be speaking to them today to get a hard figure on a policy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I end up going back and forth between Progressive and Geico every few years.  You always have to keep them in check.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Auto accident frequency and severity is going through the roof and is put a hurting on the

Insurers.

I am seeing a deluge of claims where people are rear ending others hard enough

to destroy both vehicles and causing 3,4,5 and 6 vehicle chain reaction accidents.

I have never seen anything like it in the 15 years I have been in the business.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be checking with Progressive. I went to the 21st Century website and it directed me to the Progressive website based on my zip code. Progressive quick quote was almost 40% cheaper than Geico. I'll be speaking to them today to get a hard figure on a policy.
View Quote

Better read this before doing business with Progressive;

http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/topics/who-is-progressive-insurance-and-why-does-their-ceo-peter-lewis

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2012/08/progressive-insurance-is-owned-by-peter-lewis-who-is-he-read-this-2462546.html

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Just went through this....mine renews Dec 1
I had 21st century for 2 years then they raised my rates $500/6 months, no reason given.  GONE
Then I had progressive.  Now it was CHEAP the 1st 6 months...then it went up, then up again then up again,  they claimed FL went up. GONE

I called Liberty Mutual.  Not only were they cheaper per 6 months then my original progressive policy but they also write 1 YEAR policies.
I went with them.
FL is just a bad overall state for insurance. There should be zero reason my insurance keeps getting raise policy after policy when I have no tickets/accidents/claims.

to destroy both vehicles and causing 3,4,5 and 6 vehicle chain reaction accidents.
View Quote

Blame the gov for those great safety standards....  the front & rears of today's cars are like butter to absorb impact.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Blame the gov for those great safety standards....  the front & rears of today's cars are like butter to absorb impact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not quite. Blame idiots texting behind the wheel and an ever increasing "Fuck you I'll do what I want" mentality.

It's how this happened:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2015/10/20/vehicle_fires_halt_t.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not quite. Blame idiots texting behind the wheel and not paying attention.

It's how this happened:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2015/10/20/vehicle_fires_halt_t.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not quite. Blame idiots texting behind the wheel and not paying attention.

It's how this happened:

It is the result of both.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is why... We're the Fraud Capital of the country.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Here is why... We're the Fraud Capital of the country.

youtu.be/B5dybSC8UG8

View Quote

It is part of it, but as far as i can see the way it has been for years.

Frequency and Severity is driving the costs up thus driving the premiums up as well.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#15]
My Geico rates went up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Switched back to allstate and my rates went down a bit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top