Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2015 1:58:59 PM EDT
It looks like I will be in Jacksonville the third week of March. My wife wants to visit her relatives that week instead of going to the Outer Banks like we usually do. A little to cold there anyway that time of year.

Where is a good area to stay? I am not limited to only Jacksonville but would like something oceanfront and would prefer a condo. We will be bringing out two kids so something family friendly is a must.

Thanks, looking forward to Florida again even if its in Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what you're looking for.  I would look at Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach or St Augustine either StA Beach or downtown.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on what you're looking for.  I would look at Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach or St Augustine either StA Beach or downtown.
View Quote

2-3 bedrooms, upscale (stainless/granite kitchen) ocean front. Normal stuff.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will second this....

Amelia Island/Fernadina Beach will be the slowest option....

Jax Beach if it is just for one night - stay at Ocean One and check out the local Bars

St. Augustine will offer the most - look at the B&B's (St. Aug or Amelia), the Casa Montia Hotel....or rent  a  condo on the beach (have one listed in the EE)

Lots to see and do in St. Aug - have a distillery - making the stuff on site, Winery - simple tour - but the goods are made off site.  Historical - big and little forts - all kind of food and shops - about an hour from down down Jax.

Hope this helps....

Red

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I will second this....

Jax Beach if it is just for one night - stay at Ocean One and check out the local Bars

St. Augustine will offer the most - look at the B&B's (St. Aug or Amelia), the Casa Montia Hotel....or rent  a  condo on the beach (have one listed in the EE)

Lots to see and do in St. Aug - have a distillery - making the stuff on site, Winery - simple tour - but the goods are made off site.  Historical - big and little forts - all kind of food and shops - about an hour from down down Jax.

Hope this helps....

Red

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will second this....

Hope this helps....

Red

Thanks man! I still have  a few months to plan, but a week long stay is what we are going for. It seems that there a shit ton of options for that area and prices seem to be cheaper than the outer banks.

The condo we rent in the summer is around $3k a week and the same one during March is $1100.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I live on Amelia island it's just great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top