Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 9:52:40 AM EDT
Found this today in a wheel barrel leaning against my shed. I find them all the

time and no matter hard hard I try, I just can't get rid of them.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I find those dam things in the photo eyes on the garage door openers all the time my guys really look before grabbing parts ..
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I find widow spiders pretty regularly. Which reminds me, I need to fill up my gas cans.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
lil ortho max home defense kills them.

seen a few here. but again. its spider haven here. when i mow those big brown egg sack carring fuckers go running in every direction. try to trim the hedges ohh look..neon green widow looking spiders..head to the wood shed..yip pull off sticky yellow banana spider web from your face.

lay down to sleep..look up and theres a 6 inch house spider on the ceiling.

its awesome!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yip pull off sticky yellow banana spider web from your face.

View Quote

only thing i hate about florida. born and raised here but i have never gotten used to this part. i am 6'5" tall so it doesn't matter if i am leading or following i am the one with spider web on my face dancing around like a girl.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]
i don't let many things get to me, but you might remember a few years ago I got bit by what was most

likely a Brown Widow. Messed me up for over a week. That thing bit me 4 times.

I kill very time I see one and always douse their eggs with raid.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

only thing i hate about florida. born and raised here but i have never gotten used to this part. i am 6'5" tall so it doesn't matter if i am leading or following i am the one with spider web on my face dancing around like a girl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yip pull off sticky yellow banana spider web from your face.

Instant NINJA!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]

They're everywhere!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, we had a few outbreaks of them but have been keeping them in check with regular spraying. As soon as we see the little ones start to show up along our fence we have the whole exterior and fence sprayed, and we dont see them for 2-3 months.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
They (spiders) must have hatched out not long ago because I sure saw a lot more than

is normal when I was mowing today. They had a rough time with the lawnmower.

Go out and shine a flashlight into the grass and you can see their eyes reflecting. Don't

let your Wife or Kids see it.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have the same problem here at "Brown Widow Ranch".....    

http://i28.tinypic.com/2ij19xe.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2ywajjk.jpg

another one bites the dust.

View Quote
You're not alone. 100's of them here. Never saw a one before Katrina. I've found them in the mail box, all over my barn. I can tell you this, they eat the hell out of wolf spiders.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:40:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They (spiders) must have hatched out not long ago because I sure saw a lot more than

Go out and shine a flashlight into the grass and you can see their eyes reflecting. Don't

View Quote
Those are the common wolf spiders you see.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Found one in my golf bag last year...almost set my garage on fire.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that. I was not trying to infer that they brown widows.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#17]
so this one time I'm camping in the ONF...wake up in the morning go to grab ma boots a spider the size a fuckin crab runs into my boot. mind you the boot was inside the tent the whole night which means the spider was in their with me...took the boot put it on the picnic table....got a 36 inch crow bar out and beat the boot like I was Gordon fuckin Freeman....30 minutes later an old lady comes up and says "you seem like a nice young man...why were you beating that boot with a crow bar?" I told her about the spider and she dead pans "carry on!" walks away drinking her coffee.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

so this one time I'm camping in the ONF...wake up in the morning go to grab ma boots a spider the size a fuckin crab runs into my boot. mind you the boot was inside the tent the whole night which means the spider was in their with me...took the boot put it on the picnic table....got a 36 inch crow bar out and beat the boot like I was Gordon fuckin Freeman....30 minutes later an old lady comes up and says "you seem like a nice young man...why were you beating that boot with a crow bar?" I told her about the spider and she dead pans "carry on!" walks away drinking her coffee.
View Quote

Good story

One morning I was walking out to my treestand in ONF and walked through a spiderweb in

the dark. It was all over me. I treked on and climbed up in my stand and pulled up my bow.

Laid the bow across my lap and made quiet.

The sun came up and I was on the alert for deer. After a while I looked down and saw a big

Banana Spider was on my bow along with a nice piece of web and a yellow substance.

I know that they are harmless but it scared the crap out of me. Was not a successful hunt that

day.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Whenever someone is walking behind me in the woods, they always ask what I was muttering. I always tell'em "Fuckin' spiders, because I always walk into a damn web or 5."

To demonstrate how much we influence our kids, my youngest nephew- when he was 12- was heard by his dad to say... "Fuckin' spiders" when we were squirrel hunting.

His dad chose to ignore it, but raised hell with me later.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Spider population really booms this time of year.

I work as a land surveyor, and we have to "cut-line" (of sight) through the woods/swamp, whatever, to establish baselines for our surveys.

We end up hiking up & down these lines repeatedly until the job is complete, so do the spiders! They're perfect fly-catching corridors through the woods.

You'd be amazed how quick a banana spider can rebuild his web, after I walk down line with it wrapped around my face.

The BEST is when my wide-brimmed hat blocks my view enough so the web gets wrapped around the top of my head w/o my knowing. That is... until I see just the LEGS OF THE HAND-SIZED SPIDER PEEKING OVER THE BRIM, 2" FROM MY EYEBALLS!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Good story

One morning I was walking out to my treestand in ONF and walked through a spiderweb in

the dark. It was all over me. I treked on and climbed up in my stand and pulled up my bow.

The sun came up and I was on the alert for deer. After a while I looked down and saw a big

Banana Spider was on my bow along with a nice piece of web and a yellow substance.

I know that they are harmless but it scared the crap out of me. Was not a successful hunt that

day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good story

day.

One of the first things I learned about bow hunting was always walk with an unknoked arrow in my hand at least a foot in front of my face.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

One of the first things I learned about bow hunting was always walk with an unknoked arrow in my hand at least a foot in front of my face.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good story

day.

Probably would have poked my eye out. I did have the bow in front of me.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Little bastards are more aggressive than you think. Me and a couple of coworkers were huddled around one at the fuel pumps poking it with a stick and all of a sudden the bitch shoots up the stick and right at me. Should have seen 4 grown firemen scatter while screaming like girls.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#24]
if you have a thing about spiders, Florida might not be the place for you.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Kill it with fire ..... Got bit   Made me sick for a day
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
if you have a thing about spiders, Florida might not be the place for you.  
<a href="http://s626.photobucket.com/user/Knocky/media/Knocky%202010/OsceolaNF2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/Knocky/Knocky%202010/OsceolaNF2.jpg</a>
View Quote

its so big it has a smaller spider orbiting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top