Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 3:47:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested but this weekend is my work weekend... will you be posting a more advanced notice in the future?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plan is first Sunday, every March, June, September and December.
View Quote

Thanks... I'll make a note of it...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw some pics and vids of a previous FCF match... is there any push-ups or dragging a body involved?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is not a FCF match
View Quote

Lol... I missed the email on the side of the flyer.  I'm gonna try and check this out.  Nice to see other events out at saltwater.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool. Sadly I'm in Saudi.... Maybe in February!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I realize the COF will likely change from match to match and overall duration will depend on the number of people that show up, but can you give a rough estimate how long this match will take.  Just curious if I should plan on being out all day or just a few hours.

Is this basically a steel shoot, or is there scored paper targets?  Rough estimate on MOA target size?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I missed the 1st match but plan on shooting the next one in Sep. Glad u guys are putting this type of match on, its going to be fun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Who wants to carpool from Orlandooooo
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been thinking about shooting this match. The only semi-auto I have that's effective at 600 is more of a varmint AR set up than a true SPR/DMR. It weighs about 10.5lbs, and it's got a 3-12x scope. I've shot it in mid-range (600 yards) prone matches, but I've never done any running around with it. What are your thoughts about running that kind of set-up in this match?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I've been thinking about shooting this match. The only semi-auto I have that's effective at 600 is more of a varmint AR set up than a true SPR/DMR. It weighs about 10.5lbs, and it's got a 3-12x scope. I've shot it in mid-range (600 yards) prone matches, but I've never done any running around with it. What are your thoughts about running that kind of set-up in this match?
View Quote
Are you worried about weight or optic magnification?  My MK12 Mod H weighs more and has less magnification.  I'd say you're fine.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Weight and having 3x on the low end.  My concern is moving and shooting close targets quickly. I should be fine on the long stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know how many mags will be needed to be carried per COF?
Equipment list of essentials?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone know how many mags will be needed to be carried per COF?
Equipment list of essentials?
Thanks!
View Quote

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Dang, this looks like fun.  The rifle I have in mind for this has a 4.5 - 14x scope on it so should I be adding a 45 degree mount and a little red dot for closer targets or are we shooting at 50+ yards?  

I hope to make the December shoot as I am off with a torn MCL right now but it sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Practice session was extremely helpful and the match was fun and challenging!
Thank you for the opportunity!
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#24]
My brother and I went to the practice session on a 900 yd private range on farmland on Saturday. We both used 18" SPRish 556 rifles. Got our hold overs and dial ins for steel targets out to 600 yds between 1pm- 7pm. 9 total shooters. We shot one at a time so the instructor could spot and give pointers and dope adjustments. This was the best $ I have spent on anything related to firearms because of the caliber of the instructor (Jason with Firstcoast firearms). He was direct, knowledgable and helped everyone get hits to 600yds with ease.

We stayed in a Holiday inn between the practice range and where the match was held.

The match was held on another private range that used to be a race track, it had some ponds and lots of open land.
Stage 1-
Start at position A, engage steel torso @ 120yds, run 30 yds to a different bay and perform 2-2-4 drill, back to postion A and engage a small popper at 80 yds, then run 25 yards to a different bay and perform Vtac drill, back to position A and engage a small popper at 120 yds. My only issue was I took a knee trying to shoot one of the steel targets and they were to be engaged standing or using the structure for support only, no knees touching no prone. Otherwise my time was 74 secs, +5 sec for the knee and got my steel hits within 1-2 shots.

Stage 2-
Prone accuracy at 100yds no time limit. Target with 4 circles, 4", 3", 2", 1". Hit on 4" gets you -5sec off your overall time, 3" gets -10 sec, 2" gets -15, 1" gets -20 sec. You can stop when you want, one shot at each circle if you get a hit outside the circle you don't get any penalty but also don't get ANY time taken off. I was confused. I hit the 4" and 3" circle and was touching the edge of the circle on the 2" decided to shoot the 1", missed and didn't get any time taken off, should have stopped shooting after 3" hit or the 2" edge shot...

Stage 3- 20 rounds only 90 sec par time
3 small Steel poppers were set up at 140 yds, 1 1/2 size ipsc steel off to the left at 275yds, 1 BC(?) zone target each at 243 yds and 307 yds off to the right. Start behind a barricade with multiple different shaped ports and engage each of the 4 areas through different ports. I gave up on 1 of the small poppers and hit the other targets before the buzzer. The ports were very awkward to shoot through at these distances and with a scope...

Stage 4- One 10" steel circle and One 12" steel circle both at 630yds, shooting across one of the ponds from a 10' high dirt mount towards a 25' berm behind the plates. 90 sec par time. 20 rounds only. Jason, the instructor from the practice session was the spotter and helped most shooters get their hits. I got both plates in ~60 sec and used ~12 rounds...Wind was blowing at upto 15 mph from right to left and was constantly changing. I dialed in 4.5 mils for elevation and held for wind, ended up with my hits coming with little to no wind and holding the left edge of the plate...

This was an awesome experience! I did better than I thought I would! Gave me some good ideas for upcoming local matches.
Wish we had somewhere close to run something like this!
Thanks for reading.
Gator
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My brother and I went to the practice session on a 900 yd private range on farmland on Saturday. We both used 18" SPRish 556 rifles. Got our hold overs and dial ins for steel targets out to 600 yds between 1pm- 7pm. 9 total shooters. We shot one at a time so the instructor could spot and give pointers and dope adjustments. This was the best $ I have spent on anything related to firearms because of the caliber of the instructor (Jason with Firstcoast firearms). He was direct, knowledgable and helped everyone get hits to 600yds with ease.

We stayed in a Holiday inn between the practice range and where the match was held.

The match was held on another private range that used to be a race track, it had some ponds and lots of open land.
Stage 1-
Start at position A, engage steel torso @ 120yds, run 30 yds to a different bay and perform 2-2-4 drill, back to postion A and engage a small popper at 80 yds, then run 25 yards to a different bay and perform Vtac drill, back to position A and engage a small popper at 120 yds. My only issue was I took a knee trying to shoot one of the steel targets and they were to be engaged standing or using the structure for support only, no knees touching no prone. Otherwise my time was 74 secs, +5 sec for the knee and got my steel hits within 1-2 shots.

Stage 2-
Prone accuracy at 100yds no time limit. Target with 4 circles, 4", 3", 2", 1". Hit on 4" gets you -5sec off your overall time, 3" gets -10 sec, 2" gets -15, 1" gets -20 sec. You can stop when you want, one shot at each circle if you get a hit outside the circle you don't get any penalty but also don't get ANY time taken off. I was confused. I hit the 4" and 3" circle and was touching the edge of the circle on the 2" decided to shoot the 1", missed and didn't get any time taken off, should have stopped shooting after 3" hit or the 2" edge shot...

3 small Steel poppers were set up at 140 yds, 1 1/2 size ipsc steel off to the left at 275yds, 1 BC(?) zone target each at 243 yds and 307 yds off to the right. Start behind a barricade with multiple different shaped ports and engage each of the 4 areas through different ports. I gave up on 1 of the small poppers and hit the other targets before the buzzer. The ports were very awkward to shoot through at these distances and with a scope...

Stage 4- One 10" steel circle and One 12" steel circle both at 630yds, shooting across one of the ponds from a 10' high dirt mount towards a 25' berm behind the plates. 90 sec par time. 20 rounds only. Jason, the instructor from the practice session was the spotter and helped most shooters get their hits. I got both plates in ~60 sec and used ~12 rounds...Wind was blowing at upto 15 mph from right to left and was constantly changing. I dialed in 4.5 mils for elevation and held for wind, ended up with my hits coming with little to no wind and holding the left edge of the plate...

This was an awesome experience! I did better than I thought I would! Gave me some good ideas for upcoming local matches.
Thanks for reading.
Gator
View Quote

Excellent... thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#26]
did I miss the where
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Stage 1-

Stage 2-

Thanks for reading.
Gator
View Quote

Great write up. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks from me too for putting on the match. The spotter on the long shots was very skilled. I've never had anyone spot like that for me.

Does anyone know if scores get posted anywhere?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:13:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for coming out to all of you who did. These matches have been fun to put on and fun to shoot. Next match is supposed to be December 6.

A couple guys complained about the difficulty of managing the barricade at the intermediate stage range. FDCC got that barricade donated to us at a class that was very similar to a SPR/DMR class. It was specifically designed for scoped rifle shooting. The idea is to not just use it for support, but to problem solve it's oddly shaped ports which are specifically imperfect. If you had a hard time with it, don't worry, you'll get another chance. It's pretty likely we'll be using it at most of the SPR/DMR matches!

The scores will be posted on the FDCC Facebook page as soon as they're compiled. The guy who does that got them on Tuesday. He usually gets them done pretty quick. I'll repost the link here.

I know I didn't win! I had a great time shooting my rifle, but it's a rifle I had not shot in a long time. I had some ammo trouble on stage one which slowed me down a lot. I stopped at the 3" circle on stage two. About half the guys shot and missed at some point, zeroing out. The other half were pretty much split between hitting the 3" and 2". There was only one guy (Kaz) who went all the way and nailed the 1" circle. I did only "ok" at the barricade stage, but wasted too much time and ammo on the small poppers. I didn't have good info on it the gun at 600, so I made my best guess and missed all my long range shots.

Can't wait for December.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
did I miss the where
View Quote

I think so. Address is on the flier in the original post.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I took some pictures at the match:

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes it was a great time and looking forward to the next one. Heck I even got pic posted ,, I the good looking guy. Again had a great time and the. Range has a lot of opportunity to made use of,,

A good MVT CTT class
http://www.maxvelocitytactical.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Stage 1-

Stage 2-

Thanks for reading.
Gator
View Quote

These type of drills/ stages are usually referred to as "Know Your Limits" drills or stages. You proceed with engagement of descending target sizes as far as you are comfortable given your accuracy, with the smaller the target hit, the greater the value. The catch is as soon as you miss a target, then you zero it out and get no points - or in this case, no time off your score.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Had an awesome time at the match and looking forward to the next one. Thanks for setting it up and running our squad, Neil!

Any word on the scores?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#35]
How bout those scores?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Scores?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice, thanks for posting the scores. Looks like stage 2 got a little mixed up. The points down should actually be "points up," to remove seconds from the overall time.

Can't wait for the next one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top