Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 7:55:05 PM EDT
Is the car auction a good place to buy a used car?
There are both public and ones only for dealers.
Would the same car go higher at a public auction than at a dealer auction?

I read that some people who aren't dealers do have a dealers license and charge a fee to take people to the auction to purchase a car.
Anyone in the central florida area do this?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good place? Do you wrench? If you don't know anything it's a bad place to learn. Now, if it's a fleet sale your chances are better. Rule of thumb, old cars are worth scape values. New cars are worth body part value. Yes, I drive a $500 beater. When it dies I'll part her out an get another.

Look here for local deals.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.ZipSearch
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good place? Do you wrench? If you don't know anything it's a bad place to learn. Now, if it's a fleet sale your chances are better. Rule of thumb, old cars are worth scape values. New cars are worth body part value. Yes, I drive a $500 beater. When it dies I'll part her out an get another.

Look here for local deals.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.ZipSearch
View Quote

It seems like the rental car companies send a number of cars to the auctions as well as sell them directly.
Was curious to know if the cars can be obtained a bit cheaper via the auctions.

Basically looking for a a car that is only 1 year old.

Checked the web site and there doesn't appear to be any auctions close by.

Thanks for the reply.

I figured there would have been a couple of replies, but then again this is primarily a gun board.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Car auctions are:
1) For dealers to junk crap.
2) Flippers to sell flood crap.
3) Auction flipper that buy low then run the price up at their auction.
4) Gov to sell surplus and confiscated crap.
5) Banks to sell repros.

Go to the auctions an just watch a few. You'll see the same cars an people. As for dealer only auctions. Near me the "dealer" e-mails a list of what is for sale with car vin an car fax numbers. Normally cars five years an older or foreign stuff near me.

I bought a Range Rover that the milage didn't match the car fax or dealer maintenance records. The bastard (Dealer) had rolled it back. Never trust a damn thing at an auction. Buy a OBM II reader an pick one type of car to start with.

Treat any auction like a slot machine. Never put more in then your willing to lose. I've seen $10,000 cars blow engines leaving the auction while $300 beaters are doing 80 MPH on three bald tires.

If you have a truck find a deal on a car dolly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top