Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:15:43 PM EDT
Hello,

Visiting my parents in Delray Beach over the 4th of July and was wondering where a good place to shoot is, preferably outdoors.  My dad was telling me about a place at like a state park would I need any specific permits for that?

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Okeechobee Shooting Sports for an outdoor range, its a bit of a drive, but worth it.

Markham Park is is a public range about 45 minutes away from Delray, 100 yard range, strict rules like 1 shot every 5 seconds.

There is also Delray Shooting Center for an indoor range, shitty gun store, but the range is ok.

There is no state park or public land that you can shoot on anywhere around here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot at Markham Park (outdoor range)  which is a good distance away from Delray Beach.

Yes, there is an indoor range in Delray Beach, but I am not fond of the vibe. I would rather drive 15 minutes north to West Palm and go to the indoor range at Shoot Straight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Outdoors......Markham Park.

Indoors.....Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd just a block east of the Southern Blvd turnpike exit.

Both places are bring your own guns.

https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/west-palm-beach/

( Shoot Straight is closed on the 4 of July)

http://www.broward.org/Parks/MarkhamPark/Pages/MarkhamParkTargetRange.aspx

Markham Park Shooting Range
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of shooting?

http://okcorralgunclub.com/

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of shooting?

http://okcorralgunclub.com/

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]
stay the hell out of delray shooting center. The store is a dream, but the staff are 99% pricks. The range is very very strict and overpriced, especially if you're going with more than one person. Markham is fun but a decent drive and fairly strict. No suppressors or machine guns allowed there. For a bit more drive, Okeechobee is the best option for shooting somewhat close by. they allow pretty much anything and the staff is good to deal with. The store is a bit under stocked, but still a great facility.

If you want indoor and close, go do Gunworld of south florida in deerfield beach. Only about 20 minutes from linton blvd and 95, they allow steel cased ammo, suppressors, short barreled rifles, machine guns... basically anything you want to shoot. The ventilation system is very good there also.

If you want to spend some money for a neat experience, drive down to nexus in ft lauderdale. look up their website
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Gun world of South Florida (15 minutes south of Delray) or Palm Beach Shooting Center (15 minutes north of Delray) for indoor shooting!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
stay the hell out of delray shooting center. The store is a dream, but the staff are 99% pricks. The range is very very strict and overpriced, especially if you're going with more than one person. Markham is fun but a decent drive and fairly strict. No suppressors or machine guns allowed there. For a bit more drive, Okeechobee is the best option for shooting somewhat close by. they allow pretty much anything and the staff is good to deal with. The store is a bit under stocked, but still a great facility.

If you want indoor and close, go do Gunworld of south florida in deerfield beach. Only about 20 minutes from linton blvd and 95, they allow steel cased ammo, suppressors, short barreled rifles, machine guns... basically anything you want to shoot. The ventilation system is very good there also.

If you want to spend some money for a neat experience, drive down to nexus in ft lauderdale. look up their website
View Quote

You tried Gunworld in Deerfield? Great place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top