Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
Not just for machine guns I suppose, but that's the idea.  There's big sandy, knob creek, and the one down in manatee.  But all those are pretty far away from our area and I know there have to be more than a few machine gun owners up here.

Any ideas on how to organize something, a date range that might be good to avoid the heat, possible locations, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The public range in lake city has full auto day, I think its last sun of every monty, cept for sept maybe.

rapid fire/full auto is allowed that day. it free range (well taxes) and its a good range actually.  nice guys work it too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That's an option.  

I know there are 1 or 2 ranges in the Jax/St. Aug area that might work too.

I'm not sure how to generate interest in such a thing
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure how to generate interest in such a thing
View Quote

First pick a place and maybe get 3-4 possible dates.
Second, start a thread asking who wants to join and who can make what dates.
Pick the one that most can attend.

Start small. Go for quality instead of quantity. Make the first memorable and others will be eager to join the next.

Maybe even list what items will be available and allow others to shoot them which should help with the turnout.

Maybe have the Hooters girls there to pass out wings.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yeah, I know about that one.  But I know I'll likely never make it.  It's a 3 hour drive minimum, which is just a pain in the ass.  I need to be closer to home in case something comes up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
<----------------- Once this transfers in I'll be ready to go.

But then I'd be in anyway with my semi stuff.... Lake City used to host the FDCC matches, so maybe it would be open for an MG shoot? I can 99% guarantee they won't allow having any fun targets like cars or tannerite to shoot at though....

I'm down either way! If this gets traction, I have no problem letting anyone shoot my Thompson when it gets here....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top