Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/7/2014 8:41:13 PM EDT
Ok, so it's time to start putting together the next meetup.  Instead of doing the normal SS, then onto SQ1.....I was thinking of having a cookout at my home.  I'm interested in everyone's feedback to this idea.  So fellow members what do you say?  I was thinking of January 31st which is Saturday, most likely mid-late afternoon.  Anyone who has to work would be able to come, if it goes late into the night, most if not all wouldn't have to worry about getting up early for work either.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, so it's time to start putting together the next meetup.  Instead of doing the normal SS, then onto SQ1.....I was thinking of having a cookout at my home.  I'm interested in everyone's feedback to this idea.  So fellow members what do you say?  I was thinking of January 31st which is Saturday, most likely mid-late afternoon.  Anyone who has to work would be able to come, if it goes late into the night, most if not all wouldn't have to worry about getting up early for work either.
View Quote

I'm up for getting piss drunk and shitting on your lawn. sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is home ?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is home ?
View Quote

Estero, exit123 off of RT75.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got the perfect spot for you to do that.......
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump to top as a reminder.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good to me.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate you willing to do this. I'm in. I think it would be great to just sit and shoot the shit once in a while. Unfortunately our waitress will miss us as will the strange lady we encountered at the bar last time.

Just let us know what you want us to bring......

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I appreciate you willing to do this. I'm in. I think it would be great to just sit and shoot the shit once in a while. Unfortunately our waitress will miss us as will the strange lady we encountered at the bar last time.

Just let us know what you want us to bring......

View Quote

I agree that our waitress will miss us.  That lady was strange.....  
My wife & I enjoy entertaining, so this is no biggy.  I'll talk to the wife and will post a list of things people can bring and let everyone decide what they want to bring.  Once the guest list is finalized, I'll need people names emailed to me so I can give it to the guardhouse for ease of entry.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#9]
that was no lady.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
that was no lady.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
that was no lady.
View Quote

Not sure about the two people that left with 'it' either

I was told to come here and report for roll call.  I should be in!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that was no lady.

Glad you can possibly make it..........

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump to top as a reminder so people can respond and im me their info.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a friendly reminder, three weeks to the meetup.  Would like to get a head count and names.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm visiting in Ft Myers Beach for the month of January (from cold miserable Kansas).  

I'd love to attend your meetup but we have to begin the long trek back on that day.....assuming of course that I don't decide to pull a hissy fit and just refuse to leave.  It's paradise here.  It sucks there.  

Anyway, if anyone would like to get together for a beer or something, ping me.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm visiting in Ft Myers Beach for the month of January (from cold miserable Kansas).  

I'd love to attend your meetup but we have to begin the long trek back on that day.....assuming of course that I don't decide to pull a hissy fit and just refuse to leave.  It's paradise here.  It sucks there.  

Anyway, if anyone would like to get together for a beer or something, ping me.

View Quote

If your leaving changes, let me know ASAP and I'll add your name to the list at the guardhouse.

I'd be up to grab a beer any night that week or the week before.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Hello again everyone,

I am gathering everyone's name for the cookout so I can put together the list.  I am asking everyone to bring a dish.  I am figuring upwards of 18 people.  I'm also asking everyone to BYOB.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Just me coming. Jeff Bolen

You want to know what we are bringing?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just me coming. Jeff Bolen

You want to know what we are bringing?
View Quote

Yes, don't want double or triples of things.  4719Dave is bring burgers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I will make my world famous bacon wrapped sausage appetizers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sounds good, make extra of that........lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I just learned we do not need to leave our rented house until Feb 1. So that means my wife and I will be able to attend your meetup.  Yaaaa!  We will bring a salad.

As I will be leaving my trusty old dog back at the rented house and because I must check out of the house by 10AM the next day, I regret that we will be forced to leave a bit early.  

Nevertheless it will be great to meet a few Florida Arfrcommers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just learned we do not need to leave our rented house until Feb 1. So that means my wife and I will be able to attend your meetup.  Yaaaa!  We will bring a salad.

As I will be leaving my trusty old dog back at the rented house and because I must check out of the house by 10AM the next day, I regret that we will be forced to leave a bit early.  

Nevertheless it will be great to meet a few Florida Arfrcommers.
View Quote

That's ok.  I'm figuring about a 1:00 - 2:00 start time.  Everyone come when they can and/or leave when they want/need to.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's what we have for food so far:

Howie - Hamburgers & Buns
JeffB - bacon wrapped sausage
Traveler - some type of salad
SD307 - Jambalaya
BlackFox - Cips & Dip
Myakka Vice - Pizza
msg125 - Hot Dogs

Everyone is bringing their own booze/liquor.

My wife & I were going to provide soda, ice tea, finger type dessert & some alcohol...IE: Scotch, Whiskey, Cognac, Bourbon, if others can list what they are going to bring that way we all know and there isn't an extra amount of the same food.  I am going to mail everyone my address the week of the cookout about mid-week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#26]
2 in here
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#27]
okay then .....how many Hamburg's do I need to buy ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
okay then .....how many Hamburg's do I need to buy ?
View Quote

Right now there  are18 people so I'd say maybe 20.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#29]
What else is needed?  Sounds like we have burgers, some entrees and sides covered.  I'm going to bring a cooler if there's nothing else needed....
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What else is needed?  Sounds like we have burgers, some entrees and sides covered.  I'm going to bring a cooler if there's nothing else needed....
View Quote

If you'd like bring hot dogs and whatever your family likes to drink.  The wife & I are providing water, soda & lemonade.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#31]
this sounds like it's getting interesting
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Im  a born again arfcomer, and this is my first return post.

I'll bring beer (if you'll have me)..

Or we could do it at my place, I have plenty of room and parking..  ps. I also have a bar..  (in Buckingham)

Tootles.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Or we could do it at my place, I have plenty of room and parking..  ps. I also have a bar..  (in Buckingham)

Tootles.
View Quote

You are welcome to join us.  Email your name so I can add it to the list for the guardhouse.  I also ask that you bring food, everyone attending is.  Page one has a list of who is bringing what.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You are welcome to join us.  Email your name so I can add it to the list for the guardhouse.  I also ask that you bring food, everyone attending is.  Page has a list of who is bringing what.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tootles.

You are welcome to join us.  Email your name so I can add it to the list for the guardhouse.  I also ask that you bring food, everyone attending is.  Page has a list of who is bringing what.

inbound emails.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

inbound emails.

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tootles.

inbound emails.

Thanks

im inbound
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Update:  as of today we are up to 23 people.  Only a few have told me what they are bringing for food.  I ask everyone to look at that list and add in this thread or email or im me here and I'll revise the list as I receive them.  Everyone seems to be BYOB so far.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and a few new faces.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Post to bump and remind you to send me your address. I don't think I have it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Post to bump and remind you to send me your address. I don't think I have it.
View Quote

Hey Jeff,

I'll be emailing everyone next week with my address.  Thanks for the reminder though, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks. No prob
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#40]
OK, time is set for a 2:00 start with no end time.........I will be emailing everyone over the next several days with my address.  I've already given all names to the guardhouse so there should be no problems getting through unless someone new decides to come and hasn't notified me.

Anyone want to bring hot dogs?  There are people who are bringing burgers, pizza, salad, jambalaya, macaroni salad and everyone is BYOB.  My wife & I are providing water, soda,  ice teas & lemonade, chips & a few other small things.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#41]
If it's not too late, could you add me to the list? Sorry for the late notice, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it.

IM inbound
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it's not too late, could you add me to the list? Sorry for the late notice, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it.

IM inbound
View Quote

Replied to IM.  It's not too late at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Since everyone has the entrées covered, I'll bringing a big container of bean dip and chips.  Hope this is an outdoor event!  

Look forward to seeing you guys later this week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Since everyone has the entrées covered, I'll bringing a big container of bean dip and chips.  Hope this is an outdoor event!  

Look forward to seeing you guys later this week.
View Quote

It is an indoor/outdoor event..............lol as to why you area asking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll bring a big pack of hotdogs and some buns. Hey holloway how about some Jalapeno relish?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll bring a big pack of hotdogs and some buns. Hey holloway how about some Jalapeno relish?
View Quote

Hey Howie, can you bring burgers & buns instead?  Someone else volunteered hot dogs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

SD307 - Jambalaya
BlackFox - Cips & Dip
Myakka Vice - Pizza
msg125 - Hot Dogs

My wife & I were going to provide soda, ice tea, finger type dessert & some alcohol...IE: Scotch, Whiskey, Cognac, Bourbon, if others can list what they are going to bring that way we all know and there isn't an extra amount of the same food.  I am going to mail everyone my address the week of the cookout about mid-week.
View Quote

I've updated the food list, see above.  I've also sent my address to everyone who has said they are attending.  Start time is at 2:00, but show up when you can should anyone have to work or have other commitments.  Everyone's name is at the front gate so there shouldn't be any problems getting in.  See everyone then.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've updated the food list, see above.  I've also sent my address to everyone who has said they are attending.  Start time is at 2:00, but show up when you can should anyone have to work or have other commitments.  Everyone's name is at the front gate so there shouldn't be any problems getting in.  See everyone then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SD307 - Jambalaya
BlackFox - Cips & Dip
Myakka Vice - Pizza
msg125 - Hot Dogs

campy you seem to have skills 23 people all in sync through only email and IM that's amazing you really put some time into this  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

campy you seem to have skills 23 people all in sync through only email and IM that's amazing you really put some time into this  Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SD307 - Jambalaya
BlackFox - Cips & Dip
Myakka Vice - Pizza
msg125 - Hot Dogs

SD, thanks.  That number has dwindled a little to about 17.  Thanks for the compliment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I invited my German friends. I think they are coming. They know we aren't shooting but they like you guys and want to hang out. they are caterers and I think she is bringing brownies. I have had these brownies. they are AWESOME.

seriously. someone bring a gallon of cold milk. they are that kind of brownie.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top