Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 3:58:48 PM EDT
I have a range toy PMR30 that I'd like to make more reliable.  It's always catching on the feed stroke.  Some do it, some don't.  I've heard a fluff and buff can remedy the situation.  Anybody in the area that would be up to the challenge of making a cheap ass gun shoot like a decent one?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are the original owner KelTec will take care of it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are the original owner KelTec will take care of it.
View Quote

Just saw a notice from them that they'll do repairs but that they consider an overall smooth and polish of parts in contact to be custom gunsmithing which they don't do.  I figured I'd give the gun every chance I could to be reliable by having an experienced smith go over it in detail.    I also figure if he can make that gun run right he'll be my go to smith for everything else.  

Now I just gotta find one that's local.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ben Jones at Gunkraft in Ruskin is a damn fine pistolsmith......primarily 45's though....

might be worth giving him a call
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
You could always get intimate with it and do it yourself ??
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#5]
i would give iron site gun smiths in largo a try
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could always get intimate with it and do it yourself ??
View Quote

Agree, you can do this, just don't get carried away, you can always buff more material off later, but putting it back on is going to be a bit difficult
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top