Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 11:25:45 AM EDT
Flying into FLL in a couple of weeks for a reunion with my old Air Force buddies and need a car to get around. I was thinking that a rental at the airport would be best, so no one would have to come get me. Can someone from the area please recommend a good company to rent from. Also, I need advice on a good cab company to use in the Hollywood/Miramar area. We will be boozing it up during the main get together and will need a ride back to my place that evening. Thanks for any advice!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I rent whatever is cheapest. Go online & find the sites, dollar & budget have been the cheapest for me but shop around.
Cab.....777-7777......I'm serious Universal yellow can down here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you take a rental at enterprise and it includes a week end day rental, a full size is 19$ a day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
A piece of advice, does not matter who you rent from, but make sure a rep

does a walk around the car with you. Make sure they note all the prior damage

on the car and you can even take a picture of the rep pointing at the prior damage

locations.

Do another walk around when you turn the car in.

They are crooks and will take any opportunity they can to blame

prior damage on the renter.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input! I've been reading "horror" stories about car rentals and cabs, so I'm trying to plan ahead.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Give Uber a shot for a car service - heard nothing but good things so for...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top