Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 12:35:01 PM EDT
I went yesterday.

$8 parking, $12 to get into the gun show.

I am not so poor that $20 is a lot of money to me but on principle alone I am not going to give those butt pirates $8 just to park my car and and another $12 to get into the show any more.

That greed is a little too much for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The reason I'm home reading AR15.com too.
They did that last year and the grumbling was pretty loud. That show isn't what it used to be and they charge too much. Along with the cost of gas,
FORGET ABOUT IT
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
been this way for the past couple of years, this is the first in a long time i have missed it.

i think awhile back they offered free parking, but it was 20 bucks to get in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about going, but realized I don't have any money.....

I could get in, but for what?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Years ago that was the best show in the state and was worth the long drive to get there.
Not anymore .
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The internet has devastated gun shows, Aside from a rare deal or very special item it is pretty

much not worth it for most thing. I am looking for a M16 A1 barrel and would have liked to go

but I was out of town.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I went for the first time and picked up a Knights Armament complete lower for a good price.  I don't usually find any "deals" at the Tampa Suncoast show.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
They've been the same for the past 5+ years. Same people, same tables, same shit - different day.

They were great 10 years ago, but so were many things. Nowadays, try out the ones they have in Winter Haven (different, small vendors) or Plant City. I think they were both $7 or $8 with free parking.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I went yesterday.

$8 parking, $12 to get into the gun show.

I am not so poor that $20 is a lot of money to me but on principle alone I am not going to give those butt pirates $8 just to park my car and and another $12 to get into the show any more.

That greed is a little too much for me.
View Quote
Parking is free.

Infact the email flyer stated where to park for free parking.

That said, the llgs has been very good to me in the past...

Maybe times change
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll still spend the 8 bucks to park at Lakelend...a whole 16$ in parking per year!!!!  

It's still the best show in Central FL.......

I'm saving money by not paying attendance / going to any more Suncoast shows.......they are totally worthless...a waste of time, admission, and gasoline......

"free parking" and 4 dollar cheaper admission doesn't really entice me if a show consistently sucks
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They've been the same for the past 5+ years. Same people, same tables, same shit - different day.

They were great 10 years ago, but so were many things. Nowadays, try out the ones they have in Winter Haven (different, small vendors) or Plant City. I think they were both $7 or $8 with free parking.
View Quote

This, and most things overpriced, but still cheaper than local gun stores.  I never thought I'd resort to buying guns on the internet, but all other venues have driven me this direction.  What can I say...
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Why I wont go back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why I wont go back.
View Quote

X2..   Quit going close to ten years ago.   Not just the outrageous parking fee but the show just got poorer and poorer. The last three or four times that I did go, I didn't buy anything.  And it's not just the costs of the admission and parking but the fact that I have to drive 80 miles or so each way so add in the time and the costs of fuel.  Lakeland gun club show used to be a great show but now it's just not worth it any more! Some of the SMALL, independent, shows such as Sanford still have a few good buys.

Suncoast shows?   Pluuzee! Just gag me with a spoon!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#13]
anyone seen "neil o'neil" i think that is his name, he sells almost only surplus
uppers, barrels, ect. the last couple of times i have been i didn't see him.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
anyone seen "neil o'neil" i think that is his name, he sells almost only surplus

View Quote

I have bought a lot of things from Neil over the years but I have not seen him at a gunshow in a year or two.  I hope he is OK because the last time I talked to him he said he was having heart problems.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have bought a lot of things from Neil over the years but I have not seen him at a gunshow in a year or two.  I hope he is OK because the last time I talked to him he said he was having heart problems.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats why i ask, he was the king of $400ish colt 603, and colt 6520 uppers. i also
havent seen him since before the last panic. hope all is well with him even if he isn't doing
shows anymore. always seemed like a good guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top