Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 10:59:41 AM EDT
I am looking at increasing my hurricane food storage. Best place around Ft. Lauderdale for bulk staples and food grade bucket type gear? Willing to travel a couple hours.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Buckets...cheapest is firehouse subs 2.$ with lid iirc. Other option is ask local doughnut shops. Or buy new from Lowes ...home depot etc.
For Mylar and oxygen absorbers you gotta buy online (sorbent systems is g2g) . As to buying the food. Sam's..bus Costco etc sides that trying to get into one of the lds packing houses.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the bakery in Publix and get their buckets. They will give them to you for free, but you'll need to leave your name and number most likely.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
you have looked into wise food storage, right? they sell freeze dried food, stored in  buckets.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
i've been using legacy foods, if you need some let me know i have a ton of recent buckets. located in SWFL
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Lowes sells the white, 5 gallon, BPA free "food grade bucket" (with lid) for $6.00.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lowes sells the white, 5 gallon, BPA free "food grade bucket" (with lid) for $6.00.
View Quote

Good to know since I never find myself in Lowes but in the other Big Box store. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top