Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2014 7:28:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
TNVC,  There are a good amount of things to do in Naples.  September is a good time beacuse it's not overloaded with the snowbirds.  There is 5th Ave S. that has a lot of restaurants and shops, also 3rd Ave.  Depending on what you are looking to do there are lots of areas to stroll and take in the culture.  I live about 30 minutes north of Naples.  My wife & I go to Naples a few times a month for "date" night.  Feel free to email me with specific questions.  Hopefully I can lend a hand in answering.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure you'll love it down here. I'm about 30 miles north in Fort Myers but visit Naples frequently. First you'll have a great time walking through downtown at night on Fifth Ave, it's really nice with a bunch of cool cafe's and restaurants.

As far some good restaurants in the area Randy's Fish Market is supposed to be great, I've never been there but it is on the top 10 list of seafood restaurants in the country.

If you're not feeling the surf and enjoy more turf, they have some decent steakhouses. Fleming's and Ruth Chris are pretty good, and there's also Schula's steak house owned by former Miami Dolphin coach Don Schula. I've never been there but I've heard it's pretty great. They supposedly have some awesome burgers.

They got a few decent pawn shops there for firearms as well as Naples Gun Range & Emporium.

The pier is a nice place to visit at night although it can be quite packed with people fishing.

Naples Zoo is pretty awesome and you can feed giraffes there if you have some time for that.

Coastland Mall is a place people like to visit a lot but it's like any typical mall.

The Mercato is a cool place to check out, it's like an outdoor mall but all more upscale stores and cafe's. They have a movie theater there called Silverspot where they have big Lazeboy chairs as seats and they serve buckets of beer, and full meals.

I hope you enjoy your trip, if you need help with anything let us know. Congrats btw
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll add to FDrifting in reference to steakhouses, add Chops to that list.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Book a Sunset dinner at the Turtle Club....you owe me.

http://www.vanderbiltbeachresort.com/dining
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll add to FDrifting in reference to steakhouses, add Chops to that list.
View Quote
Ah yes, forgot about Chop's. I haven't been there, but I've heard good things.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Rent a boat
Go on an airboat ride in Everglades City.
Fishing charter.
Take that boat thingy for a day trip to Key West and back.
Gambleing boat out of Ft. Myers.
Stans bar in Goodland on a Sat.
Parasail.

Wat kinds of things do you like?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies, guys.  We are down for just about anything.  Coming from Wisconsin, warm weather and palm trees mean vacation.  So, anything we can do that involves sun and tropics is going to be great.
View Quote

Chippewa Flowage was one of my stomping grounds when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks for all the replies, guys.  We are down for just about anything.  Coming from Wisconsin, warm weather and palm trees mean vacation.  So, anything we can do that involves sun and tropics is going to be great.
View Quote
Pfft.. the other week I left Florida to go to Wisconsin. I visited the Dells and proposed to the gf, awesome time.

I'll trade you places. I'd take Wisconsin over Florida any day I think after living here my whole I'm just about ready for something other than 100 degree summers and flat land.

Hiking in Wisconsin was phenomenal at Devil's Lake.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Pfft.. the other week I left Florida to go to Wisconsin. I visited the Dells and proposed to the gf, awesome time.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll trade you places. I'd take Wisconsin over Florida any day I think after living here my whole I'm just about ready for something other than 100 degree summers and flat land.

So what did the GF say?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to Wisconsin in February then report back to us . ;)
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what did the GF say?
She said yes

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
As stated before Silverspot is pretty awesome. Assigned seats and no cell reception as well as a full liquor bar make for great movie date night. One place i would definitely hit up while you are here is Jimmy P's butcher shop for awesome Kobe hamburgers. It is a butcher shop with a grill in it, and you can point at what you want them to cook up. http://www.jimmypsbutchershop.com. Also Mercato is a great time, check out The Pub while you are there for a great beer and scotch selection. If you are into cigars there is rocky patel, also at mercato. For a fancy night out and good people watching try anything downtown off of fifth ave, but some of my favorites are Tommy Bahamas (amazing food every. single. time. no joke) and Trulucks (Seafood awesomeness...... ). Romantic dinner definitely check out Miramare at Village at Venetian Bay, right on the bay and food is awesome while still pretty reasonable.

For outdoors stuff like others have suggested definitely do an airboat tour, and check out the port of the isles gun club if you are into trap/skeet/etc, regular range check out Lou Land. The key west express also definitely awesome. Take a drive down Gordon Drive if you like checking out houses, for shopping definitely waterside shops, miromar outlets has a columbia outlet with great deals as well as a bass pro right up the road. For fishing I would probably suggest going out of Marco, great guy down there called Six Chuter Charters that can put you on some cobia, permit, etc depending on what is running right now. Also if you like Kayaking check out Isles of Capri, you can rent kayaks and are right in the middle of the 10,000 islands. If you have any q's while you are down here feel free to shoot me an email, i live here full time.

And Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I think you need to rent a car as things are spread out and taxi fare will add up quick.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think you need to rent a car as things are spread out and taxi fare will add up quick.
View Quote

^^ This .Rentals are still cheap in September . Good job on the In On 5th .
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I've lived here in Naples my entire life . Contact me if  you need any help or ideas .
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#21]
congrats  im sent with advice.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#23]
No prob! Glad you liked it
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You guys have been awesome with suggestions!  I can't thank you enough!  So we definitely want to do an airboat tour.  We are staying at The Inn On 5th.  We aren't planning on renting a car, so does anyone have any suggestions on which place to go for the ride and which one won't cost us $100 in cab?
View Quote

I moved recently but ate on the company in Naples for nearly 1- years.

Inn on 5th is nice.  Just off the main drag (41) south of the hospital (1st ave south) is Preston's.  The best steak house in town.  Call ahead ((239) 435-1986) as they are family owned and may not be open.  Just north  of the hospital is Cosmos.  Hole in the wall Italian owned by Gianlucca Corsie - the Sardinian Wildman.  Tell him Charlie sent you and tell him you're on your honeymoon.  It will be amazing for dinner but his lunch soups are hard to beat.  

Turtle Club has the best view in town.  Call ahead for either beach seating or table 22? is in the window and reserved for weddings and honeymoons.

Down on 3rd St South is a place called Sea Salt.  Small portions and boutique but some of the best food in Naples.  Across the street is Campiellos

Randy's is killer for fish.  Shorts and tee shirt casual.  

Other gems are Pastrami Dan's (if he's open), Jimmy P's butcher shop (also have a grill - think Kobe (Wagyu) steaks).

Sorry just cost you all the NVG profit I gave you over the years.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]
First off congrats!

Beaches:
Naples Pier
Lowdermilk Park
Barefoot beach (most raved about as its more private, more quiet and less crowds than others (be sure to bring $$ for parking unless you come after 5pm (Ithey USUALLY dont have a gaurd after 5pm.)

Nightlife:
The Mercato (Has The Blue Martini, an English Pub, a Cigar bar, a few wine bars a many restaurants) (Its full of old people, but Friday and Saturday are more young people)
5th Ave (Downtown)
(those are the best places in my opinion but there are individual places elsewhere)

Shopping:
Coastland Mall
5th ave
Waterside shops

more north but not too far and nice...
Gulf Coast Town Center (Bass Pro Shop here)
Miromar Outlets

Take her for a walk downtown and grab dinner and then make way over to Naples Pier to see sunset. Its what I do on first dates, its romantic and girls love it!

Ft Myers is  old and run down. Nightlife is more ghetto as projects are nearby, but if you do go they have a Skybar thats nice to go to. But mostly younger people.

Dont forget Miami is about a 2 hour drive! Tampa is about 2 hours as well. Orlando is 3 hours. All a decent days drive if there was something you really wanted to do there.

FYI I'm in my late 20's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Howdy, neighbors

I second the car rental. Cabs in Naples are somewhat sparse and you'll really wish you had a car to see things.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Coconut Point mall was left out.  Just another option for shopping.  Ft Myers Beach is decent—get some ice cream and walk around.  Wear sunglasses so you can check out the chicks without your wife busting you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#29]
First make sure your new bride doesn't think you're taking her to Italy
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

First make sure your new bride doesn't think you're taking her to Italy
View Quote
He can take her to Venice also.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top