Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2014 10:59:34 AM EDT
Fun, Optional competitions, dinner, 6 hours of shooting......you got to try it!

Viideo and Info details click here
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
looks fun but not for 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

it would be worth it to me if I was a long range shooter.  Unfortunately, I've never shot > 200 yards
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Hire me, I take cool night videos

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure where else people go to shoot 5 +  hours worth of organized 0 - 500 yards in the dark, with dinner, competitions and prizes......$100 is relative..
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You have my attention....
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you underestimate what it takes to sponsor shooting events/competitions such as this. There are costs involved in bringing organized shooting events to the public, and when you consider the BEHIND THE SCENES work involved in hosting these types of shoots, things add up quickly.  

While $100 may seem high for 5+ hours of range time, this opportunity is much more than that... it involves prizes/awards, a meal, time on a range at night (don't see that often), and I'm sure instruction/assistance for those who may need it... not to mention an opportunity to gather with like-mined individuals and check out other's gear and equipment.

While this post is in the Florida HTF and not the EE (subject to ad-stomping rules), it would still be considerate of you to just pass on the post vs. leaving a negative comment... no offense intended, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm putting in for the day off. Any hotels near the range? It's over an 3hr drive from Jacksonville. One question about IR LIGHTS..
Targets will be lightly illuminated. (Should you wish to illuminate your targets more, you are free to bring your own target illumination system.) Hand held subdued flash lights ONLY will be allowed after leaving the staging area (club house). Flashlights must only be used for administrative purposes and NOT for target illumination (NO exceptions)
It says here we are allowed to illuminate our targets more if we like but later it says no target illumination...

Thanks, Slug-O

EDIT... I called and reserved 2 spots. I also asked about the lights..
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If I wasnt on deployment I'd bring the old Sentinels out and run em hard.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about I go over to your house and take them with me...
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to borrow them, I am ok with this, but you break you buy. Just contact the warden on FB and See if you can meet her down at the beach and she will hook you up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you want to borrow them, I am ok with this, but you break you buy. Just contact the warden on FB and See if you can meet her down at the beach and she will hook you up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'm ok with what I got... Just one tube........
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a Hampton Inn in Okeechobee that gives a a reduced rate when you mention our range.  I  normally don't stick around after work for these events but if Slug-o shows up I would like to meet him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Will,  check your IM, thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is a Hampton Inn in Okeechobee that gives a a reduced rate when you mention our range.  I  normally don't stick around after work for these events but if Slug-o shows up I would like to meet him.
View Quote

Got any snakes for me to play with!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Dayum Leon!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Leon aint talking about those types of snakes
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Leon aint talking about those types of snakes
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Its going to be great night guys. I am looking forward to meeting those ARFCOM members that are going to attend.

Lots of fun will be had by all, that I can assure you of!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think you underestimate what it takes to sponsor shooting events/competitions such as this. There are costs involved in bringing organized shooting events to the public, and when you consider the BEHIND THE SCENES work involved in hosting these types of shoots, things add up quickly.  

While $100 may seem high for 5+ hours of range time, this opportunity is much more than that... it involves prizes/awards, a meal, time on a range at night (don't see that often), and I'm sure instruction/assistance for those who may need it... not to mention an opportunity to gather with like-mined individuals and check out other's gear and equipment.

While this post is in the Florida HTF and not the EE (subject to ad-stomping rules), it would still be considerate of you to just pass on the post vs. leaving a negative comment... no offense intended, just my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Sir, well put, true and articulate.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the cost of the range is nothing compared to the fuel cost , room. and time off for me.... thats $400.00 easy not including the cost of the shoot. I just want to go and I will be there with TNVC Martin. When I shot competive Sporting Clays the money I spent was just stupid....
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

the cost of the range is nothing compared to the fuel cost , room. and time off for me.... thats $400.00 easy not including the cost of the shoot. I just want to go and I will be there with TNVC Martin. When I shot competive Sporting Clays the money I spent was just stupid....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed... sometimes meeting people in attendance makes it all worth while...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Still lots of room people!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I am so stoked about this shoot. I've spent $500 at least so far and the shoot is not till next week!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Will there be another one in late august, I'm wondering if I can get SLUGO and myself back down there in a carpool.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Will there be another one in late august, I'm wondering if I can get SLUGO and myself back down there in a carpool.
View Quote

Nope... I'm going to the NC Mountains for a week...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Still lots of room people!
View Quote

How much room are we talking?? I hope there is a good turn out for this..
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#28]
i HAVE DONE IT IT'S ALOT OF FUN i LEARNED ALOT ABOUT THE WEAKNESS OF MY GEN2 NVG SETUP AND LEARNED MORE ABOUT JUST HOW GOOD AN ACOG IS.

IF YOU GOT THE TIME A GOOD SCOPE OR NV GO IT IS A BLAST. if someone could give me a ride from ft myers or nearby I will fill the tank I can't drive but I would love to go.

they usually only do this once a year. bring bug spray

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i HAVE DONE IT IT'S ALOT OF FUN i LEARNED ALOT ABOUT THE WEAKNESS OF MY GEN2 NVG SETUP AND LEARNED MORE ABOUT JUST HOW GOOD AN ACOG IS.

IF YOU GOT THE TIME A GOOD SCOPE OR NV GO IT IS A BLAST. if someone could give me a ride from ft myers or nearby I will fill the tank I can't drive but I would love to go.

they usually only do this once a year. bring bug spray

View Quote

I'm in Fort Myers.

I would like to go watch or film/pictures. I've never been before.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Not sure why such a light response this time?....maybe shooters are scared to hot nights or bugs?....Anyway, we have room for 10 more. Only 10 registered so far! The event will take place regardless of numbers. If you are coming and have friends with a scope rifle good to 500 yards! ....we have room for them! book now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I've left emails with the gun club trying to get the name of the hotel near the gun club... The phone says there is no one to take calls till the 31st??
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#32]
The Okeechobee Shooting Sports Facility / range is open now. You can email us directly at [email protected] for any info on the event.

Hampton Inn Okeechobee is the best. However Okeechobee town center is just 4 miles from the range so any hotel in Okeechobee would work.

Holiday Inn
Best Western
Etc....all within 4 miles.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:15:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Okeechobee Shooting Sports Facility / range is open now. You can email us directly at [email protected] for any info on the event.

Hampton Inn Okeechobee is the best. However Okeechobee town center is just 4 miles from the range so any hotel in Okeechobee would work.

Holiday Inn
Best Western
Etc....all within 4 miles.

View Quote

Ill do that later this morning.. Got a few questions
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:25:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm driving down tomorrow at Noon. Look forward to seeing everyone. I'm bringing a lot of toys for the shoot..
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Slug-O sorry for any confusion you can call us at 863-357-3006,or E-Mail at [email protected] . I look forward to seeing you, and all the shooters here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Question
How can somebody with a PVS style NOD expext to do against guys with a dedicated weaon mounted NOD at long range?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#38]
We had a shooter with a stock bolt gun and no NV drew for 1st place on the UD comp. So it can be done!
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Great night, great photos!. Thanks to all that attended.....Looking forward to the next one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top