Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2014 12:08:34 PM EDT
Hello everyone,  It's time to think about the next meet up.  I have set the date for Friday July 18th.  We would start off at Fort Myers Shoot Straight at 6:00, then onto Square 1 for 7:30, 7:45.  I will need a head count no later than July 16th so I can make reservations at both locations.  Just to bring everyone up to speed, at our last gathering it was decided that the day & times would be set and whoever can make it great, whoever couldn't can hopefully meet up at the next one.  Looking forward to seeing guys & gals who can make it.

Update******, thank you to Travis, he has extended an invite to us to meet at Island Pizza on Sanibel Island.  Travis was nice enough to put a link in his reply.    The meet up for shooting is rescheduled to August 1st.  Same times as before.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#3]
maybe
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
That's my B-day, maybe shooting is in order.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in for 3 people
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]

I'll know more closer but 1 for now  I will bring the ps90 any other request
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I am out, I'll still be in Tx

Sorry
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
So we'll be meeting at Shoot Straight at 4:30 p.m. and then going to Square 1 at 6:00 p.m., right?  I made reservations for us all  

I'm penciled in, and hope to see you guys in a few weeks!  

* for those of you not in on the joke, the times above are purely a dig at our new '13'er in charge' *
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So we'll be meeting at Shoot Straight at 4:30 p.m. and then going to Square 1 at 6:00 p.m., right?  I made reservations for us all  

* for those of you not in on the joke, the times above are purely a dig at our new '13'er in charge' *
View Quote

LOL,  there's always a smarty in the group and here's one of them......
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT to remind everyone
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Bumping to top to remind everyone.  I'll be making reservations Wednesday.  SS @ 6:00, Sq 1 @ 7:30
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#13]
See you then
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump to the top again, last reminder.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I look forward to taking a well needed break Friday.  See you all then!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in. Look forward to seeing you guys and the burgers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I've gotta step out I will see you guys next month so remove me from the list sorry
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Everyone, we need to reschedule this meet.  Shoot Straight is having a Smith & Wesson sale/demo weekend starting Friday night.  In respect to them and they asked if we could do it another night.  Since they are always good to us, I made the decison to push this back for two weeks.  The new date will be August 1st, times are the same.  Hopefully this isn't a inconvenience for everyone.

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everyone, we need to reschedule this meet.  Shoot Straight is having a Smith & Wesson sale/demo weekend starting Friday night.  In respect to them and they asked if we could do it another night.  Since they are always good to us, I made the decison to push this back for two weeks.  The new date will be August 1st, times are the same.  Hopefully this isn't a inconvenience for everyone.

Thanks,
Bill
View Quote

Well, that's a bummer Campy, but the right call.  

For the rest of you - don't go finding any 'creative' ways to unload all the mags you've loaded up for Friday.  Just wait another few weeks to do it the right way....
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

For the rest of you - don't go finding any 'creative' ways to unload all the mags you've loaded up for Friday.  Just wait another few weeks to do it the right way....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Bill

LOL, yeah...let's not be dummies and get arrested to unload  the mags.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thanks,

Bill
View Quote
Well shit that good news. As I will be in town on the first.

Any requests for machine guns I should bring?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I will be in Wisconsin doing Wisconsin things.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ma Deuce??  

I'm sure the guys at SS won't mind as long as we let them hit a belt or two
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ma Deuce??  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ma Deuce??  

Hk21 in 7.62 is the biggest I do right now.

Think they would be cool with it?

Any other requests?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any other requests?
View Quote

Nice!!  I look forward to introducing my 23 to his bigger brother.  

So do you like long hours with low pay and frustration? (knowing about your stint in the military overseas, I'm thinking the answer is yes to that question!)  Have you ever wanted to work in the movies?  I'm now hiring weaponmasters - particularly those that own their own belt-fed machineguns

Welcome home again, Chas.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any other requests?
View Quote

Hell ya!
I have been waiting to try out your HK21 since Monkey_Wrench showed it to me last year.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Welcome home Chas
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Have you ever wanted to work in the movies?  I'm now hiring weaponmasters - particularly those that own their own belt-fed machineguns
View Quote

Oh! ME, ME, ME
Ok, I don't own a belt-fed but I am designing a semi-drop in conversion for the 10/22 based on the HK mechanism.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#29]
See you in 2 weeks. By the way Travis, still going to the island getaway on Sunday afternoons?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh! ME, ME, ME
Ok, I don't own a belt-fed but I am designing a semi-drop in conversion for the 10/22 based on the HK mechanism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you ever wanted to work in the movies?  I'm now hiring weaponmasters - particularly those that own their own belt-fed machineguns

Oh! ME, ME, ME

Okay, major thread hijack, but how have we never talked about this before?

Holloway - we really need to talk.....  I noticed you intentionally deleted the part about working long hours under stress for little pay.  Not sure this gig is for you!!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
See you in 2 weeks. By the way Travis, still going to the island getaway on Sunday afternoons?
View Quote

Funny you should mention - I was think about replacing our Friday night shebang with a Sunday night one on the island.  Less shooting by necessity, but a little more relaxed.  You in?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Funny you should mention - I was think about replacing our Friday night shebang with a Sunday night one on the island.  Less shooting by necessity, but a little more relaxed.  You in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

So do you like long hours with low pay and frustration? (knowing about your stint in the military overseas, I'm thinking the answer is yes to that question!)  Have you ever wanted to work in the movies?  I'm now hiring weaponmasters - particularly those that own their own belt-fed machineguns

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any other requests?

Thanks again, still good to be home!!

The Army has more ups then downs.

And when you say in movies, do you mean in front of camera or behind? And you know I am in Tx for the next four or so years.

Quoted:

Hell ya!

I have been waiting to try out your HK21 since Monkey_Wrench showed it to me last year.

WTF he showed it in a photo? Showed it in person? Me might have splaing to do...

I did picked a few more belts and starter tabs.

I also got a folder stock for the MP5k. So what should have some fun..
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Alright Campy - you're welcome to change the thread's title if you like.  Event is now pizza and brew at Island Pizza on Sanibel Island this Sunday night.  Bar holds 7.  We can probably get up to 10 people without jamming up the whole joint.  I usually get there around 4:30 p.m.  Prices are typically 'dramatically reduced' during these events.  Nice reviews on Trip Advisor would be appreciated afterwards
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I can make that...the usual time?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can make that...the usual time?
View Quote

Was hoping you could fill bar stool #5 as usual!  I should get there around 4:30 depending on traffic .  Hope the shoulder is feeling better.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Alright Campy - you're welcome to change the thread's title if you like.  Event is now pizza and brew at Island Pizza on Sanibel Island this Sunday night.  Bar holds 7.  We can probably get up to 10 people without jamming up the whole joint.  I usually get there around 4:30 p.m.  Prices are typically 'dramatically reduced' during these events.  Nice reviews on Trip Advisor would be appreciated afterwards
View Quote

Title has been changed.  Thank you to Travis for the offer.  I am in for Island Pizza.  The new shoot date though is August 1st.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Might make it Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I will "hobble" in
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hello everyone,  It's time to think about the next meet up.  I have set the date for Friday July 18th.  We would start off at Fort Myers Shoot Straight at 6:00, then onto Square 1 for 7:30, 7:45.  I will need a head count no later than July 16th so I can make reservations at both locations.  Just to bring everyone up to speed, at our last gathering it was decided that the day & times would be set and whoever can make it great, whoever couldn't can hopefully meet up at the next one.  Looking forward to seeing guys & gals who can make it.

Update******, thank you to Travis, he has extended an invite to us to meet at Island Pizza on Sanibel Island.  Travis was nice enough to put a link in his reply.    The meet up for shooting is rescheduled to August 1st.  Same times as before.
View Quote

Man I like there Pizza

What was the meeting about
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Man I like their Pizza
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Man I like their Pizza

Thank you!!  Come enjoy some.  

Quoted:

Pizza and beer  That's pretty much it.  

We're actually meeting Sunday night (tomorrow), so future tense is more appropriate
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Man I like there Pizza

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man I like there Pizza

FMJ, it was people meeting to shoot then go eat.  This is something we do usually every other month.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We're actually meeting Sunday night (tomorrow), so future tense is more appropriate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man I like their Pizza

Quoted:

whoops missed it. didn't know about it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man I like their Pizza

Quoted:

I missed it too.

I was gonna go, the GF and I had been out boating all day and ran home to change before heading out. Sat on the bed for a minute to just relax and next thing I knew it was 5 hours later
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Howie and FD - you guys were missed!  We saved a few pieces of pizza for you, but Holloway drank all the beer we ordered for you .  

It was also good to have a few new guys out!  We were on our "sort of best" behavior for them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#46]
It was great meeting a few new guys.  I want to extend a thanks to Blackfox for the invite and for Island Pizza for their hospitality.  Looking forward to doing it again.  Looking forward to the shoot in a few eeks also.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Howie and FD - you guys were missed!  We saved a few pieces of pizza for you, but Holloway drank all the beer we ordered for you .  

It was also good to have a few new guys out!  We were on our "sort of best" behavior for them.
View Quote

I moved recently and don't have internet at the house so I'm limited to surfing on my phone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#48]
so is the shooting at shoot strait still on for fri

I have to go to Tampa for a med look over but I may try to get there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#49]
The shoot and eating are on for August 1st
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The shoot and eating are on for August 1st
View Quote

well hell then count me in for 1 for sure. I gotta bring some brass for jeff anyway

Shoot Straight at 6:00, then onto Square 1 7:30, 7:45

is this still correct
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top