Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2014 11:16:16 AM EDT
It looks like we have a quorum - let's kick off the last weekend in May off with shooting at Shoot Straight Fort Myers from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. followed by dinner at Square 1 Burger Fort Myers.  Sound off if you can make it!  I'll give the range guys a heads up that we'll be coming their way.  The staff at Shoot Straight have been very accommodating in the past, but I can't promise anything this time.  

Great seeing several of you last night.  I'll share dates/locations for the secret hideout next time we meet (assuming we can find somewhere with more bar stools ).  We maxed them out last night, which is why I didn't advertise logistics more.  

Thanks!

- Travis

It's been a long time since we've thrown lead, gents.  Let's pick a date and shoot some paper - followed by consumption of dead animal at Square 1.  Friday nights seem to be the best time.  Who's in for Friday the 16th?  Suggest another date if that's not going to work.  

By the way - this Sunday looks like a good time for another Sanibel Sunday guys night out .  Don't make me post pictures of the last one
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to go, but the 16th doesn't work for me.  Can we make it another Friday night?, maybe the 30th?  If that doesn't work, I understand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would like to go, but the 16th doesn't work for me.  Can we make it another Friday night?, maybe the 30th?  If that doesn't work, I understand.
View Quote

The date is random to me!  The 30th is as good as the 16th as far as I know....
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't make it on the 16th either.....

And the next weekend is the Manatee shoot.....

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's been a long time since we've thrown lead, gents.  Let's pick a date and shoot some paper - followed by consumption of dead animal at Square 1.  Friday nights seem to be the best time.  Who's in for Friday the 16th?  Suggest another date if that's not going to work.  

By the way - this Sunday looks like a good time for another Sanibel Sunday guys night out .  Don't make me post pictures of the last one
View Quote
Hey this Sunday would we be able to meet up later than last time? Like 6? I won't get food poisoning this time I swear

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey this Sunday would we be able to meet up later than last time? Like 6? I won't get food poisoning this time I swear  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I arrive at the secret hideout around 4 p.m. and stay until around 8 p.m.  Get there when you want, but you may have some catching up to do!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Coming into fort Myers today I was ran off the road twice by our lovely Canadian visitors.They haven all left quite yet lol

What range do you go to? I assume shoot straight since you said square one
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be shooting for 6PM Sunday also...
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I arrive at the secret hideout around 4 p.m. and stay until around 8 p.m.  Get there when you want, but you may have some catching up to do!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds good.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be in for any Friday night shoot and possibly Sunday night if I could find the hideout.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I plan on making the Manatee shoot, tired of shooting indoors at a useless distance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah I plan on making the Manatee shoot, tired of shooting indoors at a useless distance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan on going to Manatee also.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since Sunday is Mothers Day, I'm definitely out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#15]
The 30th is good for me. I'll also try to make it this Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be back in FL on the 25th, so the 30th works for me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Say goodbye to the Snowbirds!

Half my paycheck too.

The 30th works for me.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I will jump in as well for the 30th.  Sad to say guys it will be my last.  The fam has decided to move north outside of Pittsburgh.  Closer to both sides of the family so it won't just be weddings and funerals.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Well...maybe we can go out to eat now w/o waiting almost two damn hours for a table... AND, now I can drive across town w/o it taking all day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will jump in as well for the 30th.  Sad to say guys it will be my last.  The fam has decided to move north outside of Pittsburgh.  Closer to both sides of the family so it won't just be weddings and funerals.
View Quote

What?!   Shittsburgh?  Can't they move down here?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They (both sides) are from WNY do you really want more libs here?  I have an aunt that is a pastor that refers to The Lord as "she."  We happen to not get along as my brother thanked me for the AR build in his best man speach .  You can have her.  

Seriously though I miss seasons.  I grew up skiing, with a garden and family events of 100+ ppl.  My kids need that.  I love the weather, the ppl I have met, but it ain't family.  It's not about the wife and I anymore.  I gotta put the kids first.  It's a ego shift but as JJrock and Osprey can tell you I came as a dumb kid and have become a semi-clueless husband & father that occasionally make a good decision.  This is a good one.  

Y'all have been great so let's send off right and waste some ammo and eat some tasty cow flesh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll see some of you guys in a bit.  I'll announce a new secret clubhouse location/time soon (to everyone).  We'll figure out the 30th soon too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'll see some of you guys in a bit.  I'll announce a new secret clubhouse location/time soon (to everyone).  We'll figure out the 30th soon too.
View Quote
See you in a few.

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Great meeting some of you guys tonight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#25]

if I am not busy..... wait...... I am never too busy..... so count me in shoot me an IM with a location and time
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Bumping with final dates and details.  Look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Count me in.  I'll probably won't get to SS until 6ish.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#28]
thats one of the few days Im not working and intown.Ill make it out
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

See you then!  I'm going to let my gear start cooling down around 6:30 this time, though.  Last time I lost two gun cases to hot barrels
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
See you then!  I'm going to let my gear start cooling down around 6:30 this time, though.  Last time I lost two gun cases to hot barrels
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoopsie

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#31]
thanksfor bumping the thread I am in is it aistol only shoot at shoot strait I know they say you can shoot rifles there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Ive shot AR's ,mosins, and AK's there plenty of times.I believe the only restrictions they have are no penetrator rounds as it beats up their backstop.

Pretty much no green tip/ss109 although Ive never seen them check
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I shoot 62 gr green tip there all the time.  They've never said anything to me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Gents - good questions!  The only request I have is that we act like the best guests that Shoot Straight has ever had when we're there.  If we don't know about SS109 - then let's ask.  If they say no - then shoot something else and say 'thank you.'  The Shoot Straight staff have treated us like VIPs every time we've been there, although I don't know if we've always earned it .  Valid questions to ask here, but let's strive for a better answer than "I've gotten away with it before."  Their web page notes a max of 375 H&H Mag with no birdshot or buckshot for shotguns.  I'll try to ask about AP when I call them.  

I know I'm preaching to the choir!  I just want to set the standard since FLChuck8 has chosen to unseat himself as our event coordinator and move to Shittsburgh .  We look forward to welcoming him back when he realizes what a bad mistake he's made in a year or two.  In the meantime, let's try to set the standard...
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gents - good questions!  The only request I have is that we act like the best guests that Shoot Straight has ever had when we're there.  If we don't know about SS109 - then let's ask.  If they say no - then shoot something else and say 'thank you.'  The Shoot Straight staff have treated us like VIPs every time we've been there, although I don't know if we've always earned it .  Valid questions to ask here, but let's strive for a better answer than "I've gotten away with it before."  Their web page notes a max of 375 H&H Mag with no birdshot or buckshot for shotguns.  I'll try to ask about AP when I call them.  

I know I'm preaching to the choir!  I just want to set the standard since FLChuck8 has chosen to unseat himself as our event coordinator and move to Shittsburgh .  We look forward to welcoming him back when he realizes what a bad mistake he's made in a year or two.  In the meantime, let's try to set the standard...
View Quote

Let me apologize for not clarifying,  I've asked when I go there and they have told me on more than one occasion that Greentip is acceptable.  I agree they treat us with respect and we do need to return that to them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Let me apologize for not clarifying,  I've asked when I go there and they have told me on more than one occasion that Greentip is acceptable.  I agree they treat us with respect and we do need to return that to them.
View Quote

Awesome!!  Looks like one less thing we need to worry about.

And no problem at all.  I'd just rather be sure....
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
If they are allowing greentip again thats great because ive got a bunch ahah.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad to see I will be remembered as a leader and a fool. But in the words of Ole Ben "Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows it?"

I may return to Florida but according to France & algore you'll need gills in 500 days

See you at the shoot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Bumpity bump.  The bottom of page 2?!  You guys are slacking
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be there. Bringing my Draco with the new "brace" on it. It just might be fun??
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll be there. Bringing my Draco with the new "brace" on it. It just might be fun??
View Quote

I'd like to try that out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are more than welcome to sir!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that will be stupid loud inside better b ring double or triple hearing pro

I am still in.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:35:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am still in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am still in.

Shouldn't be any worst than my 14.5" Mosin Nagant.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I am still in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am still in.

Ooohhhh we doing a loud-off competition? I'm in!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Let's just all keep in mind why we're not allowed to shoot machineguns there any more

(so let's see how crowded it is)

Personally, I prefer the who can be the quietest game
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Let's just all keep in mind why we're not allowed to shoot machineguns there any more

View Quote
Hmmm.....I have a 10/22 that can play!

No threads......

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No threads......

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No threads......

Yeah, that thing is very quiet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#49]
cetme with the loudner installed ready to play .. have to see how busy work is .grrrrrrr
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#50]
This needs a bump and I have a request - Someone has to let SS know we are descending upon them.  We all know they are very accommodating in the past but I have always let them know a few days ahead so they can prepare. .  That said.......I am jammed up and cannot make it to let them know.  Also did anyone call Square 1 to get our table and the large "personalitied" waitress that we love?

Lastly, I am likely bringing two newbies that are also longtime customers & friends.  One is a neurologist, the other can fix your ticker, please don't stare if they diagnose you after a couple beers .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top